You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Kahn or Maier?

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Who is the better keeper?

Oliver Kahn
54%
Sepp Maier
46%

Total votes : 13

Re: Kahn or Maier?

Postby RAJBAYERN » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:39 am

Element wrote:
I kinda agree but i have some points

1-This has nothing to do with determination because every football player wants to win the CL

2-Luck plays its role penalties whether you are the taker or the Goalie

3-Neuer saved Mata shot, and a goalkeeper doing good in regular time and saving 1 PK in the shootout is considered very very good goalkeeping and adding to that he scored one PK

4-Kahn in 2001 was not only in the form of his life,Kahn was on top of the goalkeeping mountain (he did miracles the following year in world cup) while neuer is much younger and still not 100% finished with his development

5-of course had bayern won,Neuers save would have been rated much higher and the penalty he scored who have been rated as one of the top 10 greatest moments in history of Bayern

1.For me, determination is not just to want someting, is not just it. Its the first step but will need to have the courage and make enough effort for reach your goals, independently the circumstances. Just find the way to win, independently the difficult that it will be. Both GK (Kahn and Neuer) were in the same trouble, their players missed their kicks, but was Kahn who made an enough effort to keep the team fighting for finally win. Neuer was excellent too, but his effort like (safe one kick and score a kick), unfortunately was not enough for win.

2. Lucky? Ok, its true that has its role, but you can control your lucky, it will depend mostly in the execution. The lucky will be in the team, which its players and GK in general execute better their penalties, so is no the kind of lucky that the people think it is, sometimes I listen from people that penalties is like a lottery and this is not true. In a penalties series, your amount of lucky will depend in how good you are in the penalties series.

3. He was amazing, but as i said in the point one, if we compare him with Kahn performance in 2001, his effort was not enough to win the UCL.

4. Good excuse. Hopes it will be true and can see him improving in the next years.

5. At least, his saves in the penalty series against Madrid can be in the top 10 or top 20 in bayern history.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Re: Kahn or Maier?

Postby brickwall281 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:16 am

RAJBAYERN wrote:
Element wrote:
I kinda agree but i have some points

1-This has nothing to do with determination because every football player wants to win the CL

2-Luck plays its role penalties whether you are the taker or the Goalie

3-Neuer saved Mata shot, and a goalkeeper doing good in regular time and saving 1 PK in the shootout is considered very very good goalkeeping and adding to that he scored one PK

4-Kahn in 2001 was not only in the form of his life,Kahn was on top of the goalkeeping mountain (he did miracles the following year in world cup) while neuer is much younger and still not 100% finished with his development

5-of course had bayern won,Neuers save would have been rated much higher and the penalty he scored who have been rated as one of the top 10 greatest moments in history of Bayern

1.For me, determination is not just to want someting, is not just it. Its the first step but will need to have the courage and make enough effort for reach your goals, independently the circumstances. Just find the way to win, independently the difficult that it will be. Both GK (Kahn and Neuer) were in the same trouble, their players missed their kicks, but was Kahn who made an enough effort to keep the team fighting for finally win. Neuer was excellent too, but his effort like (safe one kick and score a kick), unfortunately was not enough for win.

2. Lucky? Ok, its true that has its role, but you can control your lucky, it will depend mostly in the execution. The lucky will be in the team, which its players and GK in general execute better their penalties, so is no the kind of lucky that the people think it is, sometimes I listen from people that penalties is like a lottery and this is not true. In a penalties series, your amount of lucky will depend in how good you are in the penalties series.

3. He was amazing, but as i said in the point one, if we compare him with Kahn performance in 2001, his effort was not enough to win the UCL.

4. Good excuse. Hopes it will be true and can see him improving in the next years.

5. At least, his saves in the penalty series against Madrid can be in the top 10 or top 20 in bayern history.

You're right. But why is everyone ignoring this season's Neuer
:pep: Gooby Pls :pep:
brickwall281
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iraq
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Previous

Return to General Bayern Discussion