You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Invincible? Can it be done?

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Invincible? Can it be done?

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:01 pm

After winning the historic treble and winning the BuLi by a 20+ point margin, decimating almost every opponent in the DFB Pokal, and destroying some of the greatest teams in the world in the UEFA Champions League one would think Bayern has done all their is to do in European football but there is one thing that seems to escape even the greatest teams that ever existed and that is losing. So I'm hear to ask you all if you think Bayern can reach immortal status this upcoming season(s) and win all their competitive fixtures this season?
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Invincible? Can it be done?

Postby lau03143 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:04 pm

I'm not particularly fussed about this type of record as long as we win trophies at the end of the season.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:05 pm

lau03143 wrote:I'm not particularly fussed about this type of record as long as we win trophies at the end of the season.

Same but its definitely something worth considering since this may be the best Bayern team in decades and its a very long offseason :P
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:01 pm

I thought we could have an invincible 2013 but I've just remembered that game against Arsenal in München :evil:

Did we lose any other game this year (2013) ?
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MoFattal » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:07 pm

No that was the only game.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby FCB general » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:08 am

No, it can't. This must be a joke, right?

It would be fair enough to continue in the new season as we ended last season, though.

Winning games, playing effective football, having every solution for every bunker in away matches - that more than enough. :| We can try to brake that record and the BuLi season without a single defeat.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby AdepT » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:19 am

As much as I would like to go unbeaten, I guess taking a hit a down the road does wonders for us.
However, we are already on a 14 game streak in BuLi and I'm hoping we at least break Dortmund's record of 28(or is it 25) games unbeaten run.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:30 am

A year ago I would have said it's impossible for any team to ever do it, but I don't think so anymore. Last season we lost 3 games, BUT they were all avoidable. Leverkusen was unlucky and Arsenal/BATE were complacency, they'd have won 1 out of every 10 games against us. With a little more luck and a little less complacency we'd have managed an unprecedented unbeaten treble.

That said, I think we've lost our chance. Last season was perhaps the best season ever not just for Bayern but any team. Playing at such a high level throughout the whole season, getting the results we did, winning everything, breaking so many records.... it won't be repeated any time soon, I think.

However - IT'S ON!
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AssemFCB » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:38 am

The only invincible team in recent history were Arsenal, and they did badly in everything but the league.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:44 am

AssemFCB wrote:The only invincible team in recent history were Arsenal, and they did badly in everything but the league.

Juve?

No European competition and they lost the cup final though.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Commodore » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:49 am

Porto took a giant shit on the Campeonato Nacional in 2010/11, going 27-3-0 in their 30 league games (16 team leage). Granted, the Portuguese league isn't a top league in the world, but neither is the serie a (people just think it is because they are still living in the 90s-early 2000s). Plus there probably isn't a single match being played in the serie a that isn't fixed.
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Bazi » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:50 pm

I think Invincible is impossible but undefeated is a feat we almost accomplished last season. That's something to aim for...perhaps...

Then again a little more competitiveness from our opposition in the Bundesliga would be nice.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCB general » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:23 pm

AssemFCB wrote:The only invincible team in recent history were Arsenal, and they did badly in everything but the league.

Who cares... It's a historical result to be undefeated in one EPL season. Juventus did it last year, too. However, Serie A is not even close to Serie A to the Serie A from past 2 decades.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby AssemFCB » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:44 pm

FCB general wrote:

Who cares... It's a historical result to be undefeated in one EPL season. Juventus did it last year, too. However, Serie A is not even close to Serie A to the Serie A from past 2 decades.

My point is that perhaps putting focus on invincibility in the league can derail the rest of the season. Juve's 2011-2012 team drew 15 times out of 38 games, that's 40% draws. This shows that Conte's side preferred getting 1 point instead of risking it for 3 points, which is never a good mentality. I think such a mentality would have cost them in Europe too, and it certainly cost them in the cup. As for Arsenal, they only got to the quarter finals in Europe, getting eliminated by Chelsea, a team that couldn't topple them in the league. In the FA Cup, United eliminated them, which kind of shows they were hell bent on not losing in the league. Definitely, invincibility is the stuff of legends, but I believe losses are good for a team's mentality. After all, Guardiola's Barcelona and Heynckes's Bayern started out with losses to Numancia and Gladbach.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby MoFattal » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:44 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Leverkusen was unlucky and Arsenal/BATE were complacency, they'd have won 1 out of every 10 games against us.

The Arsenal defeat, specifically, had a major impact on our attitude in the following CL run. I think such "wake-up calls" can do more positives than negatives. One also has to note that we are fighting on three fronts. We could go undefeated in the BL, but that normally isn't coupled with success on the other two fronts. I'd take a similar season to this one with open arms.

That, however, doesn't deter from:

FCBayernMunchen wrote: IT'S ON!
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Next

Return to General Bayern Discussion