You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Invincible? Can it be done?

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: Invincible? Can it be done?

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:14 pm

MoFattal wrote:The Arsenal defeat, specifically, had a major impact on our attitude in the following CL run. I think such "wake-up calls" can do more positives than negatives. One also has to note that we are fighting on three fronts. We could go undefeated in the BL, but that normally isn't coupled with success on the other two fronts. I'd take a similar season to this one with open arms.

Oh I completely agree, but looking back now that it's all over they all seem like they could have been won easily. Maybe in some alternate universe our team could have played at that level without a wake up call. ;)
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MoFattal » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:18 pm

Hehe agreed. Actually, the Leverkusen and BATE ones were completely avoidable and I believe that the former one wouldn't have had any negative impacts on the subsequent games. It could have made us undefeated in the BL campaign, so it's not very much of an unrealistic dream for next term. It's only the Arsenal game that had some positives inside it :P
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:08 pm

At first i thought Bayern needed losses because they rarely had to come behind for wins but those games vs Monchengladbach and Dusseldorf showed me this Bayern team is made of some tough stuff ;)
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCB general » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:35 pm

Leverkusen at Allianz Arena was totally unlucky match and you all will agree with me.

BATE was a warning not to become complacent after fantastic results in BuLi.

Arsenal... The key match which we lost and helped us back on the right track after we started to play some bad matches against Leverkusen, Fortuna(3:2) and Hoffenheim. In that time the international break come in an ideal moment and after that we got back on the right path and done everything great to the end of last season.

Yes, 2-3 defeats mean nothing during the one season, but timing of this lost matches may be important. We saw that in last 8-9 months how it was positive for our performances.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Lagger » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:56 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:That said, I think we've lost our chance. Last season was perhaps the best season ever not just for Bayern but any team. Playing at such a high level throughout the whole season, getting the results we did, winning everything, breaking so many records.... it won't be repeated any time soon, I think.

However - IT'S ON!

Didn't Dortmund say that just the season before last? About how their record wasn't going to be repeated too soon? Perhaps - and I really hope so - this can be topped in the upcoming season. There's not much space left to top, but still... ^^
Lagger
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Commodore » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:51 pm

Yeah, most recently a commentator on German TV said something like this season of Bayern has been so incredible not only because of the results, but also because they never had a stretch in which they slumped, like they always used to have and like it is normal for a team to have.

For us hardcore fans who follow all the matches, this is obviously not true. Especially not for me, living in Düsseldorf. Man, Fortuna were fighting their asses of at Allianz Arena. My friends were in the stadium, I was watching here in Düsseldorf at home. I was scared shitless that they pull a win or even a draw against us, because the banter I would have had to endure for the next DECADE would have been unbearable.

To make a long story even longer, yes, we did have a slump. It's just that we were such a superior team, plus lucky enough at the right moments to not have to have this slump materialize in losses or draws against bad teams.

Of the three losses we had to endure this season, only one can be attributed to this one slump that we had. The loss against Arsenal. Leverkusen was a fluke. And BATE was late at night on a potato field in the Soviet Union (plus a good deal of complacency against the f*cking commies :D).

We got lucky more than once this season. Let's not forget this. But it was the luck of the strenuous as we say in German (das Glück der Tüchtigen), and it was fully deserved. Would it have been epic to go without a loss for the entire season? Of course it would have. Would it have been a fair representation of our performance over a ten month period? I'm sorry, but unfortunately no. We did have a slump and it almost got ourselves kicked out of the big one.

Let's be grateful for what our boys have achieved last year, and let's be bold enough to hope that we may be even able to improve on it even further. But let's not lose touch with reality and let's not get complacent.
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AssemFCB » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:23 pm

I think that Bayern's slump this season was after the Werder Bremen mauling. Yes, we won 1-0 and 3-2 against Hoffenheim and Dusseldorf, but we played badly. It's a good thing the Arsenal return leg happened the way it did because it exposed the remaining flaws in the team. The biggest of these were that Gustavo and Martinez failed together and that we had a corner problem. As Commodore, I think we have to be very grateful for what our team did, especially given the previous season.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:46 pm

Commodore wrote:To make a long story even longer, yes, we did have a slump. It's just that we were such a superior team, plus lucky enough at the right moments to not have to have this slump materialize in losses or draws against bad teams.

This is what I was referring to when I said that it's unlikely that anyone repeats it.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Previous

Return to General Bayern Discussion