You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

How you think you'd do vs Barca and Real?

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: How you think you'd do vs Barca and Real?

Postby AvatarX » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:28 am

Now that there's a strong possibility to face both Spanish teams in our way to the final.
I guess we'll soon find out how we'd do vs Barca and Real.

IMHO if we show the proper determination and clear mind, both Spanish teams will have problems. We have the quality to win both in a good day. We have the proper attacking quality (namely Gomez + Robbery) and the proper defensive quality (namely Neuer + Lahm). A lot will be decided on the midfield, so we need a back in form Schweini ASAP.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby lau03143 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:24 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Suspensions and injuries are my main concern.

This will determine if we can beat Barca/Real.

I'm so glad Schweini took the booking in the 2st leg in Marseille. But we have a lot of players walking a tightrope going into the 1st game against Real. I expect that we may well have at least one player suspended for either the return leg against Real, or the final should we make it.

Excitement doesn't even begin to express what I'm feeling over the possibility of a "Home" CL Final!
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:44 am

Boateng remains my main concern for suspension.

For Alaba, we have Contento (who played a good game last Saturday)
For Gustavo we have Tymo
Kroos/Muller should be no problem for us as long as they're not suspended together.

If it were me I think I'd go for a Schweini-Kroos duo at home, and if we get a positive result Schweini-Gustavo/Tymo for the return. Kroos/Muller could either get a yellow or not play at all unless in an emergency in the second leg.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:09 pm

Real Madrid will probably play with something like this if Di Maria is not fully fit yet (he played a few minutes ain the last game after being injured for 3 months)

Ronaldo-----------Benzema---------------Özil
-----Lass-----------Alonso----------Khedira---

So playing Kroos -- Schweini in the midfield will probably not work. We need at least 1 CDM
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby AvatarX » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:11 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Real Madrid will probably play with something like this if Di Maria is not fully fit yet (he played a few minutes ain the last game after being injured for 3 months)

Ronaldo-----------Benzema---------------Özil
-----Lass-----------Alonso----------Khedira---

So playing Kroos -- Schweini in the midfield will probably not work. We need at least 1 CDM

I am in favor of 1 CDM too. Kroos / Schweini duo didn't work that well when we tried it.
Gustavo/Schweini would be better IMHO.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:44 pm

Yes.

The question is Müller or Kroos for the CAM spot. I prefer to see Kroos because Müller can make a bigger impact in the game coming from the bench. If we need more attacking power in the second half he will be more efective coming from the bench than Kroos IMO
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MoFattal » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:06 pm

Personally, I am not too worried about the prospect of facing Real Madrid over 2 legs. If we have a look back at the opponents both teams faced during this CL campaign, one can note the superiority of our opponents. We faced strong opposition in the form of Man City, Napoli, Villareal, Benfica, and Marseille, whereas Real's most dangerous opponent was arguably Lyon.

No doubt that Real has a world-class team, but honestly, they haven't proved that yet against other world-class teams. They failed in all their attempts at beating Barca, so I wouldn't put them together up there on the same level. Even domestically, BL mid-table teams are better opponents than those of La Liga's. Take a group of [Hannover, Stuttgart, Werder Bremen, Leverkusen, Wolfsburg, Hoffenheim] and put them against an equivalent table positioning of [Levante, Osasuna, Atletico Madrid, Sevilla, Espanyol, Getafe]. I would bet that the BL teams would win at least 75% of the matches.

My opinion is that Real Madrid are the ones to be worried about facing us, as we have proven time and again this season that we can play at an unbeatable level. For me, our ability to reach those heights after having to play a severely congested schedule before the Real game is the biggest challenge itself. Here is where the coach has to kick in and make that possible.

Real is definitely our toughest opponents till now, but it is manageable. I will be betting (well, chocolate bars that is) on us beating them both home and away. I have a feeling it will be either a treble or none for us this season!
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby sch0ll7 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:54 pm

MoFattal wrote:We faced strong opposition in the form of Man City, Napoli, Villareal, Benfica, and Marseille, whereas Real's most dangerous opponent was arguably Lyon.

?

MoFattal wrote:Real is definitely our toughest opponents till now, but it is manageable.

I saw we have some good chances of beating them...but will also take a lot of luck and good day form to beat them.
I am not afraid of them as a club or their players...but I am afraid of Mourinho and his tactics.

It is like in 2010 CL finals...i was 90% that we will crash them...but Mourinho somehow managed to kill our game and make those 3-4 counter attacks that got them a trophy.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby München Minded » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:41 pm

I think our chances are good. We need to have a good game at home, and keep a clean sheet. I wouldn't mind 1-0. Then the pressure is on them at their stadium to prevent us from scoring away and score themselves, and we shouldn't go into their stadium just defending, Real can pile on the pressure. So if we find a way to maintain possession and attack them in their stadium, then we have a chance.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bayern4l » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:07 pm

...but I am afraid of Mourinho and his tactics.

This.

But in that final we played without Ribery, and our defence wasn't so great.

I hope that Jupp will have more success than LvG.
Manuel Neuer
bayern4l
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby Bilmuash » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:09 pm

For some reson, this game makes me hopeful that we will beat Madrid in the home game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4lnXKxixoE
Bilmuash
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:57 am

Nice discussion, but we now have a thread for the Real Madrid encounter, so I'm locking this to prevent cross-posting.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Previous

Return to General Bayern Discussion