You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

How do I become a member of the club?

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: How do I become a member of the club?

Postby The Spyware » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:43 pm

What are the facilities than I will gain If I become an official member ? Knowing that I Live in Egypt
It gives many facilities for German people But what does it offers significantly to the International fans ?

Also I have a lifetime dream to visit Munich and visit our club,our stadium and all of our team landmarks :) If being an official member can help me in that (In gaining the Visa to visit Munich through the embassy as usually they requires an official document for the reason for your visit to Germany) ??
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby munichfan » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:06 am

Theoretically, you can order tickets once you're a member. In reality however, you have to be a member for about 5 years before you're lucky enough to be alloted tickets through the ballot. You also get a magazine sent to you every home match day - whether it actually arrives abroad is questionable though (they didn't bother sending it to me when I lived overseas and I frequently called a friend who works at Säbener to have them sent again) and the articles usually contain the same stuff (in bad seasons propaganda-like articles telling about the fantastic situation at the club).

Also, sorry to say, but the club doesn't give two shits about their fans, so hoping for an official document from the club to get a visa will probably stay a dream. I reckon simply showing the bill should be enough as an official document though, shouldn't it?
munichfan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby lau03143 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:56 am

munichfan wrote:Firstly, it's very silly to publicly announce your membership number.

Secondly, that's not your membership number. That's your customer reference number. The membership number will be under 200,000.

Ok, removed from my post, thanks for pointing out.

munichfan wrote:And thirdly, in your signature you say "red, white and blue". Bayern's official team colours are red and white. Blue is for the city rivals.

I'm also a Rangers supporter whose team main colour(s) is Blue (Red and White).
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby kelyclrk » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:44 am

This is right its very silly thing to announce the membership number in public and we should have taken care of this thing and every one should make this clear and should made their minds before making any announcement in public.
kelyclrk
First post

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby lau03143 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:01 am

munichfan wrote:You also get a magazine sent to you every home match day - whether it actually arrives abroad is questionable though

I got my magazine sent on Saturday before the Hannover match. Using them to help improve my German too (which is pretty much non-existent). Though I'm not banking on it arriving before every game (if at all).
who have come to
Munich as strangers
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:45 am

kelyclrk wrote:This is right its very silly thing to announce the membership number in public and we should have taken care of this thing and every one should make this clear and should made their minds before making any announcement in public.

You are right, but I hope you do realise that you made your (home?) address public in your profile... :)

Welcome to the forum :wave:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby munichfan » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:26 pm

lau03143 wrote:
munichfan wrote:You also get a magazine sent to you every home match day - whether it actually arrives abroad is questionable though

I got my magazine sent on Saturday before the Hannover match. Using them to help improve my German too (which is pretty much non-existent). Though I'm not banking on it arriving before every game (if at all).

That's good news!
To be fair though, Scotland isn't the most exotic of places it could be sent to. Doubt you'll have problems in the long-run
Reckon it was customs officers who thought they'd like to give their children a nice poster or something when I lived in the Middle East ;)
munichfan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby lau03143 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:35 pm

Hahaha, I suppose the Middle East is slightly different!!!
who have come to
Munich as strangers
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby tflags » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:49 am

munichfan wrote:Reckon it was customs officers who thought they'd like to give their children a nice poster or something when I lived in the Middle East ;)

So basically you are calling Middle East customs officers thieves?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby munichfan » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:37 pm

The winking smiley demonstrates how serious that statement was.
munichfan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby TuHdTSV » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:38 pm

I gave up on the magazine long ago.

Towards the end I was happy when it didn't arrive. Could have been a customs officer who stole it, but I sure didn't care :P Resembled more like an advertisement catalogue with intermittent news propagating how fantastic our management is.

Nowadays I'm a member with a number under 40,000 and the only reason I really keep it is because it's required nowadays for season ticket holders and simple ticketing orders.

And even that isn't helpful for everyone... you usually have to wait about 6 years before you start getting regular ticket allocations.
TuHdTSV
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tflags » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:02 pm

munichfan wrote:The winking smiley demonstrates how serious that statement was.

By that you mean you are not really sure if they are thieves or that they are un-seriously stealing magazines from couriers? Oh, I forgot, :wink: .
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Previous

Return to General Bayern Discussion