You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

How did you start to support Bayern

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.
 

Re: How did you start to support Bayern

Postby German-American » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:54 am

My mom grew up outside of Munich in a town called Deggendorf, it's on the Danube, so I went to go visit in 2010 when I was 13. Upon the visit I went to munich with my uncle and toured the city, and eventually the Allianz arena, he bought a Müller jersey after his breakout season for me. Before this, I knew a out about bayern and started to follow them before I went for a couple months...not really knowing anything about the teams.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Bayern for life, I just want to see at least one game...thats all I ask
Image
User avatar
German-American
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1856
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:49 pm
Location: Grew up in Hillsborough,NJ....Lives in Haymarket, Va....attends WVU
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 2279 times
Been thanked: 861 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: How did you start to support Bayern

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:48 pm

so that junkie got caught ...
Oli risked his life there... for a couple of mm...
What a *******
And the ref continued the game... [-X
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 26555
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 21861 times
Been thanked: 6124 times
Gender: Male

Re: How did you start to support Bayern

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:25 pm

The subbuteo tm I told you about last time. Could be from '95 or '96

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 26555
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 21861 times
Been thanked: 6124 times
Gender: Male

Re: How did you start to support Bayern

Postby Pittbay » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:18 am

Tedesco wrote:2006 I started supporting the NT. Then in 2010 after seeing Müller play against Argentina I started supporting Bayern.


This is almost a carbon copy of my story. I remember being an 11 year old begging my parents for a Lahm jersey after the '06 WC.
Lol and thank god I didn't follow through with copying Schweinsteiger's bleached hair :lol:

Müller, Schweini, Lahm, and Klose led me to follow Bayern after 2010.
User avatar
Pittbay
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:06 pm
Location: USA
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 467 times
Been thanked: 347 times
Gender: Male

Re: How did you start to support Bayern

Postby Steph » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:40 am

Living in the U.S. where soccer / football isn't very popular, I was never really interested in the sport until the world cup last summer, where I started paying attention and I got very addicted. I decided to support the German national team (I live and was born in the U.S., and I'm German and Italian) because I liked it. I remember the first soccer / football match I ever really played close attention to where I was supporting one of the sides was the Germany vs Algeria match in the round of 16. Neuer was absolutely amazing that match. Anyways so many players from the national team play for us or played for us at the time, so it was an easy choice.

Edit: Oh and I went to Munich for the first time over my spring break, it was awesome.
User avatar
Steph
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 2:19 pm
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 63 times
Gender: Male

Re: How did you start to support Bayern

Postby harry-muc » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:54 pm

im from munich, so its not the question why im bayern fan, but how i became a die hard fan. the first match i recall was the european champions final against porto (age 8 ), i was so sad, because we where the better team and i thought it was not fair that we lost. then came the semifinal losses against milan and red star belgrade...then i became a teen (age 13) and my thoughts went more about girls and "coolness". in the season 91/92 bayern was really bad and for a short time there was a slight danger of being relegated....on a table in school someone wrote "bayern-->2nd league", that made me angry and the fire was burning hotter than ever. i began to go to the stadium (not very often...because of the money) and the biggest game was the uefa cup final first leg against bordeaux (my father organised 2 tickets from a friend...best thing he ever did for me). then i got a job and was able to afford tickets more often...normaly südkurve was sold out, so i bought the cheapest available and sneaked in to support the team. then came 99, we where at the public viewing at olympic stadium...after the game i stayed at olympic park, i drank and sobbed and drank and sobbed. the year after it where the semifinals... 4 matches against madrid, 3 wins... but eliminated...i thought it wasnt meant to be for us to win the cl. a few weeks later i became my first (of several) bayern tattoo. maybe it was my lucky charm, because we know what happened next season...the last matchday in hamburg and the penalties against valencia, we where in olympic stadium again...and the moment oli parried the final penalty was the most emotional moment of my life...i screamed and cried of joy...it was an explosion of feelings and the night at leopoldstraße was complete happiness. the years since then where similar (2012 and 2013), but one thing is certain, you cant value the great victories the same way if you havent suffered the great losses.
so thats my story and i experienced, that my love for the club growed with the sad moments, not with the successful ones.
thanks for reading...
User avatar
harry-muc
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 2:06 pm
Location: München
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 131 times
Gender: Male

Re: How did you start to support Bayern

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:21 pm

harry-muc wrote:im from munich, so its not the question why im bayern fan, but how i became a die hard fan. the first match i recall was the european champions final against porto (age 8 ), i was so sad, because we where the better team and i thought it was not fair that we lost. then came the semifinal losses against milan and red star belgrade...then i became a teen (age 13) and my thoughts went more about girls and "coolness". in the season 91/92 bayern was really bad and for a short time there was a slight danger of being relegated....on a table in school someone wrote "bayern-->2nd league", that made me angry and the fire was burning hotter than ever. i began to go to the stadium (not very often...because of the money) and the biggest game was the uefa cup final first leg against bordeaux (my father organised 2 tickets from a friend...best thing he ever did for me). then i got a job and was able to afford tickets more often...normaly südkurve was sold out, so i bought the cheapest available and sneaked in to support the team. then came 99, we where at the public viewing at olympic stadium...after the game i stayed at olympic park, i drank and sobbed and drank and sobbed. the year after it where the semifinals... 4 matches against madrid, 3 wins... but eliminated...i thought it wasnt meant to be for us to win the cl. a few weeks later i became my first (of several) bayern tattoo. maybe it was my lucky charm, because we know what happened next season...the last matchday in hamburg and the penalties against valencia, we where in olympic stadium again...and the moment oli parried the final penalty was the most emotional moment of my life...i screamed and cried of joy...it was an explosion of feelings and the night at leopoldstraße was complete happiness. the years since then where similar (2012 and 2013), but one thing is certain, you cant value the great victories the same way if you havent suffered the great losses.
so thats my story and i experienced, that my love for the club growed with the sad moments, not with the successful ones.
thanks for reading...

Wow ... Really enjoyed reading it.
You exp first hand living there... I remember all but bar the porto match (i was 4yo) & the Rel threat...tbh was not aware of it...
I have a question for you. I have the impression that most Muncheners support the donkeys in blue; am I right?

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 26555
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 21861 times
Been thanked: 6124 times
Gender: Male

Re: How did you start to support Bayern

Postby nm462272 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:24 pm

harry-muc wrote:a few weeks later i became my first (of several) bayern tattoo.


I'd be interested in seeing your tattoos... I've been thinking of getting a Bayern tattoo myself... to accompany my other ones 8)
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
User avatar
nm462272
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2851
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:54 am
Location: München/Atlanta/New York City
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 2678 times
Been thanked: 1221 times
Gender: Male

Re: How did you start to support Bayern

Postby German-American » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:10 pm

nm462272 wrote:
harry-muc wrote:a few weeks later i became my first (of several) bayern tattoo.


I'd be interested in seeing your tattoos... I've been thinking of getting a Bayern tattoo myself... to accompany my other ones 8)



get one on your forehead!
Bayern for life, I just want to see at least one game...thats all I ask
Image
User avatar
German-American
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1856
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:49 pm
Location: Grew up in Hillsborough,NJ....Lives in Haymarket, Va....attends WVU
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 2279 times
Been thanked: 861 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: How did you start to support Bayern

Postby icewizard » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:21 pm

It was back in season 1994-1995... I came to france 5 years earlier, was around 13-14 years old when PSG played home and away games against bayern, it was the gold shirt with green and black stripes

Image

I was supporting the German national team since 1990 and the world cup (middle of the world cup eh? not a bandwagoner! :p)... And it seemed natural for me to support Bayern and Matthäus, and i discovered a crazy keeper called Kahn

In both home and away games, PSG won 1-0, with a great George Weah goal every time, especially the one at Olympiastadion:



Hitting the top corner after taking away 4 players individually... Awesome goal, one of the nicest we've conceded... But still i was loving FCB since that period...
User avatar
icewizard
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 335
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:54 am
Has thanked: 143 times
Been thanked: 115 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: How did you start to support Bayern

Postby prasun77 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:23 pm

I became a germany NT fan during a match in 2002 WC,when I was 9,Germany scored 8 past saudi arabia..I was really amazed as it was the biggest scoreline I had heard of..then don't know why..70% people here are brazil supporters 20% argentina..especially then..ya,coming back..don't know why but I cried like anything when they lost against Brazil 2-0..my father was a brazil supporter..he hoped me to become one too but he was shocked..From then I supported Germany NT BUT....only in world cups.. :oops: :oops: In 2008 Oliver Kahn was coming to India to play his farewell game..but not with the german nt..I was surprised..I asked my teacher..which other team does he play for?he replied..bayern munich..luckily he had some knowledge of football..still my ignorance continued..world cup 2010 came..muller was the star..klose too..then when fifa 11 came out i was bored of cricket and wanted to try something new..so I bought it..there i tried to play with the german nt but failed to find it..I was hoping to find german nt in the germany banner while it was in the international banner..but while i was browsing through the bundesliga teams under germany banner guess which name I encountered?..yes..when I went ahead and checked their roster I found lahm,klose,muller all were there..there were also 2 guys rated 88 ..guesss who? yes robbery..but still they had many average players like pranjic,ottl,contento so when I started a career mode I started with chelsea coz ballack used to play for them and they had a good squad .but guess what happened..I got fired after half season..then I started a career with bayern..won the bundesliga..and the rest they say is history..
Bayernaholic!
User avatar
prasun77
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2999
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:03 pm
Location: India
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 665 times
Been thanked: 1048 times
Gender: Male

Re: How did you start to support Bayern

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:57 pm

prasun77 wrote:I became a germany NT fan during a match in 2002 WC,when I was 9,Germany scored 8 past saudi arabia..I was really amazed as it was the biggest scoreline I had heard of..then don't know why..70% people here are brazil supporters 20% argentina..especially then..ya,coming back..don't know why but I cried like anything when they lost against Brazil 2-0..my father was a brazil supporter..he hoped me to become one too but he was shocked..From then I supported Germany NT BUT....only in world cups.. :oops: :oops: In 2008 Oliver Kahn was coming to India to play his farewell game..but not with the german nt..I was surprised..I asked my teacher..which other team does he play for?he replied..bayern munich..luckily he had some knowledge of football..still my ignorance continued..world cup 2010 came..muller was the star..klose too..then when fifa 11 came out i was bored of cricket and wanted to try something new..so I bought it..there i tried to play with the german nt but failed to find it..I was hoping to find german nt in the germany banner while it was in the international banner..but while i was browsing through the bundesliga teams under germany banner guess which name I encountered?..yes..when I went ahead and checked their roster I found lahm,klose,muller all were there..there were also 2 guys rated 88 ..guesss who? yes robbery..but still they had many average players liyke pranjic,ottl,contento so when I started a career mode I started with chelsea coz ballack used to play for them and they had a good squad .but guess what happened..I got fired after half season..then I started a career with bayern..won the bundesliga..and the rest they say is history..
:-) I preferred your sweet post rather this shitty game we are playing.
How come in india the majority support Brazil and not England? Ok I know Indians are intelligent ppl and know what to chose but still it surprises me.
My cousin's husband is indian he supports bayern and Germany since 1966... He told me All his family is pro England... But seeing that daylight robbery he just could not support that tm. :smile:

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 26555
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 21861 times
Been thanked: 6124 times
Gender: Male

Re: How did you start to support Bayern

Postby prasun77 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:35 pm

Contrary to that..we don't have much affection for england..quite the opposite..you know..they ruled us for 190 years and killed many of our revolutionaries..so..you get it right?(btw..co incidentially..today is our Independence day!)
yes few people do support england..namely the hypocrites from yesteryears who still praise their rule..nowadays..we are neutral towards english nt ..yes there are a few people who excite everyone who pop up now and then ..example harry kane currently..but mainly brazil,argentina,italy and nowadays ..quite a few young germany fans..since they won the world cup now..Lahm,muller,klose and ballack..90% of non germans are german nt fans because of one of them..

why brazil?
Indians generally prefer dribblers and goalmachines..now you know why?
Bayernaholic!
User avatar
prasun77
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2999
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:03 pm
Location: India
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 665 times
Been thanked: 1048 times
Gender: Male

Re: How did you start to support Bayern

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:04 pm

While writing kind of I was saying a gaffe... But tbh was not sure...
Here they ruled for 164+15 years.
'64 independence '74 Republic '79 finally they left...freedom day (all holidays for us:lol) yes even here we have some british ass kissers mainly oldies.
Happy Independence day.
Ours is on Sept 21st.
P.S they killed 6 men(poor souls) on 7.7.1919
Another feast...

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 26555
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 21861 times
Been thanked: 6124 times
Gender: Male

Re: How did you start to support Bayern

Postby prasun77 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:25 pm

ramsej84 wrote:While writing kind of I was saying a gaffe... But tbh was not sure...
Here they ruled for 164+15 years.
'64 independence '74 Republic '79 finally they left...freedom day (all holidays for us:lol) yes even here we have some british ass kissers mainly oldies.
Happy Independence day.
Ours is on Sept 21st.
P.S they killed 6 men(poor souls) on 7.7.1919
Another feast...

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2

6?
search jallianwala bagh..then you will know why..
Bayernaholic!
User avatar
prasun77
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2999
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:03 pm
Location: India
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 665 times
Been thanked: 1048 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo! [Bot] and 8 guests