You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

How did you start to support Bayern

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: How did you start to support Bayern

Postby Rauntšik » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:38 am

It all started, when I saw the game between AC Milan and Schalke 04 . I thought that AC Milan will crush those little germans but in the end, the score was 5-2 and i was really impressed of Neuer, so when he transferred to Bayern Munich, I knew, I was in the right place.
"Normally Monsieur Candie, I would say "auf wiedersehen". But since what "auf wiedersehen" actually means is, till I see you again, and since I never wish to see you again to you sir, I say, goodbye."
Rauntšik
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby quaazi » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:41 am

I think you mean Inter Milan. :|
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Your way to become Bayern fan

Postby Burko » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:47 pm

I am deeply sorry if there is a same topic.
What is your story? What was the moment you became a fan of our beloved Bayern München?

I'll start. My first experience with Bayern was in 1999 when my dad was: "OMG look at that Bavarians, they lost the match. What a moorons." :mrgreen:
Second real experience was in 2001 when my parents bought me Elber's jersey. Boy it was a thing! But I became real fan in 2001 because of this:

It was big for me. During years I became a prodigy between my friends. Nodoby watched BuLi or supported Bayen or any german side. So I am happy I am pioneer with Bayern in my hometown. :mrgreen: I love that club and it becomes part of me.
Before 2001 I remember great player like Basler, Matthäus, Tarnar, Babbel, Zickler of Fink, but real supporter I've became in 2001.
1974, 1975, 1976, 2001, 2013, 2017?
Burko
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Slovakia

Re: Your way to become Bayern fan

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:21 pm

I first started supporting the NT. in 1990.
Until '95 club football was non- existent for me (in fact the 95 UCL final ajax v milan was the first ever for me)
Then I decided to pick a club team to follow. I chose FCB probably cause they were the most famous. (even if at that time BVB were winning the BuLi) I was not influenced by anyone else... my Dad supports AS Roma and the rest of most of my cousins are all for liverpool bar one who also support Germany and Bayern but I never was aware of this...
Actually there was nowhere to follow the BuLi since here only Serie A and EPL exist So I used to follow BuLi on the newspapers and results from the teletext, :evil:
I even had an FCB subbuteo team :lol: (I'll try to find it and take a photo)
At school it was only me and another guy who were flying the Bavarian flag... and another who supported BVB.
Every school I went to or any other club, gym, youth football I was referred to as the Bayern guy... :lol:
Sometimes I was even subject to abuse such as '' NAZI '' :evil: sometimes in a teasing tone others just for fun.
My first heroes were Klinsi, Khan, Rizittelli, Strunz, Sforza, Helmer Ziege, Babbel ... I don't remember much from the mid 90s but as from 99 onwards I was always up to date.
I started following each game week in week out on TV as late as 2006. However I used to follow UCL matches much much before that.
My fav players from the late 90s early 00s were Kuffour, Khan, Effenberg, Basler, Scholl, Elber Brazo Matthaus, Lizarazu
then came Hargreaves Ballack Lucio Ze Roberto era
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby krkla » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:03 am

89' here. The year i was born. My father was a fan since the golden years in the 70's, so the main priority in my upbringing was raising me a Bayern fan. I lived in a town just above the german border so we frequently visited germany and went to matches when Bayern played in the northern part of germany. I remember when i was around 6 in the mid 90's and saw a Dortmund jersey in a store and said it looked nice. That's the story of how i became grounded for 5 years.
krkla
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Denmark
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:08 am

Firefox1234 wrote:To be honest i only started liking Bayern 3 years ago and football itself in the 2006 WC where i always supported Germany cause it was one player who caught my eye "Miroslav Klose" who is hands down my favorite player of all time but even then i was never a fan of football.

In my early days i didnt know much about football since i live in America but my dad always told me of an evil team called Man U and i should never support them so at the time all i knew about football outside of America was Man United=Evil "and my hate grew after i found out the injustice they did Bayern in 1999" so it drove me to look at the team that seemed to fair best against them which i regret for cheering on "Chelsea" but mostly cause of Drogba and their various African players and i have lost any sympathy for them unless they are beating Man U as the way i feel for all English clubs. As a wanderer of football i only saw the teams and supported the teams they showed in America which in my area where Chelsea and Inter and with Eto'o being on Inter i grew to admire them and during the 2010 final which i didnt watch i thought it would be nice it wud be nice if they won and i regret that wish for the rest of my life. It wasnt until the 2010 WC i rekindled my love for German football thanks to a new star "Thomas Muller". Since i was older i had the means of following the players i loved to watch. I followed Boateng to Man C and liked them for a while but it didnt feel right there either, then i followed Ozil to Madrid but i didnt wanna be another ignorant Madrid fan boy so it didnt feel right too.

I always wondered where great German players like Schweinstiger, Lahm, and Klose went when the WC wasnt on since BuLi games are shown in select channels all i saw was Ballack at Chelsea so i stuck to him and Chelsea till the WCs. So i decided to look at the German NT squad and it occurred to me all to most of the German players played for one club and that was Bayern Munich and it seemed the best fit cause first of all in 2010 Klose was there and couldnt think of a better way of following my favorite player and supporting the German team i do every four years other than being a Bayern fan. Even tho i came during the LvG i was there to see the rise of players like Muller and Gomez's revival when he scoring more hat tricks than a magicans at a kids birthday parties :P. Tho i have to admit there was never been a team which had given me so much happiness and grief in a short amount of time than Bayern but thas the beauty of it all.

Soon after i found this place and it helped greatly in my development not just as a Bayern fan but a football fan and I thank MUTU for that. I wish i shared some of the more magical experiences the rest of you had to be a Bayern fan since mine has a lot of controversy behind it. Tho i don't remember my first game other than it involved Gomez scoring a hat trick :P, or Bayern legends like Elber, Maakay, Kahn, Luca Toni and etc I do my best to make up for past transgressions by giving my all to FC Bayern Munich and sharing as much as i can about Bayern to you all which is obvious from my post count. Cause Bayern had not only give me a team to love and support but introduced me to this sport we all love.

I thought I would repost mine since the thread has been bumped
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:18 am

:smile:
I understand your Dad very well l but there was a reason behind that? Is he a Lpool or Leeds utd fan by any chance?:smile:

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby kod2600 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:36 am

I really can't give you an exact year. why?
Well, it happened between 2002 and 2005. I grew up watching my old brother watching and supporting them. First we had no access to Bundesliga but only CL. and I naturally became a fan, when? idk bro lol
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby Achilles » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:55 am

98' - 99'

Kahn-Effenberg-Matthaus & my Dad was a HUGE fan of German NT and the likes of Beckenbauer,Netzer,Muller,Breitner so I got it a bit from him but the 3 legends above made the choice for me,nor the trophies or anything like that just the passion and leadership,things that in today's football are kindly missing. To be honest the duels(and wins) against Madrid and the defeat of 99' final where the moments that validated my support to the club
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Postby Tedesco » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:20 am

2006 I started supporting the NT. Then in 2010 after seeing Müller play against Argentina I started supporting Bayern.
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby AltaG » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:28 am

I started supporting the German NT at 2006WC. Then I started supporting Bayern in UCL. But I truly became a fan watching that EPIC comeback vs Man Utd in 2010 at Old Trafford.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
AltaG
Getting the hang of it

Postby FCB general » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:02 am

Good old days...
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Burko » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:09 am

=D> =D> =D>
1974, 1975, 1976, 2001, 2013, 2017?
Burko
I post all the time

National Flag:
Slovakia

Postby JANCKER » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:37 am

Kahn the beast :lol:
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby FCB general » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:49 am

"Mario Basler auf dem Spielplatz, was macht er dort..." Gerd Müller calm, Uli Hoeneß like in sofa, calm, Trapattoni near the bench - calm. Basler on the entire match - crazy! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Imagine someone like Basler in the last 10 years to invade the pitch in the middle of the game and end without a card and any suspension. I checked out the info about these two seasons, only 3-4 foreigners in the entire German team. Nothing surprises me why was Bundesliga table very interesting from one to another matchday. :|
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Red Cross

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion