You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Gomez v. Podolski

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Podolski v. Gomez

Poll ended at Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:46 pm

Poldi
40%
Gomez
60%

Total votes : 10

Gomez v. Podolski

Postby MunchenFC » Mon May 26, 2008 1:46 pm

with only 12 days and 7 hours till the start of the euro. The race for the second striker next to Klose is heating up! Who do you think will get the spot? Poldi, the man who is suberb for the national team and has an amazing goal to games ratio and has already been in 2 or 3 major tournaments? or, Gomez the guy with less experince and is new on the block as far as the German national team is concerned. Only if Low could play with a 3-4-3! :D
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MunchenFC » Mon May 26, 2008 1:48 pm

i picked poldi
because of the reasons i already stated
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBinNYC » Mon May 26, 2008 4:01 pm

I picked Poldi as well, as soon as he puts on that white shirt everything clicks into place for him. Based on form, Klose should probably be on the bench to be honest, both Poldi and Gomez were scoring plenty at the end of the season there. But Klose's definitely a leader for die mannschaft so I'm sure he'll be starting.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MunchenFC » Mon May 26, 2008 4:40 pm

FCBinNYC wrote:I picked Poldi as well, as soon as he puts on that white shirt everything clicks into place for him. Based on form, Klose should probably be on the bench to be honest, both Poldi and Gomez were scoring plenty at the end of the season there. But Klose's definitely a leader for die mannschaft so I'm sure he'll be starting.

i agree about what u said about klose but you also have to think about all of the goals he has scored in previous major tournaments
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Postby MaCk0y » Mon May 26, 2008 7:20 pm

I think Gomez and Podolski should start and Klose on the bench.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MunchenFC » Mon May 26, 2008 10:22 pm

mackoy wrote:I think Gomez and Podolski should start and Klose on the bench.

wat do u think about a 3-4-3? :)
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Postby diegis » Mon May 26, 2008 10:41 pm

i agree too
podolski should play because he's always playing well for nt.. scoring goals and all even tho he had a decent season
and gomez because he's been a better striker this season than klose
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby soccerkyle » Tue May 27, 2008 3:04 am

I dont care who is the second striker but Gomez has to be a starter. He is the best striker in Germany and has been in form even with all the injuries. I hope this injury he has doesnt stop him from starting the tournament.
soccerkyle
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MUTU » Tue May 27, 2008 11:51 am

bogdan wrote:

i agree too
podolski should play because he's always playing well for nt.. scoring goals and all even tho he had a decent season

As such so is Klose though. Rest assure though, Loew will be keeping a close look on his strikers and will take a better decision than we can possibly take from judging them simply on the Bayern games and Germany friendlies we've seen them play in.

Mind you, now that Schneider's out, I wouldn't mind seeing Podolski as LM and Schweinsteiger as RM.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Tue May 27, 2008 4:35 pm

MUTU wrote:
bogdan wrote:

i agree too

As such so is Klose though. Rest assure though, Loew will be keeping a close look on his strikers and will take a better decision than we can possibly take from judging them simply on the Bayern games and Germany friendlies we've seen them play in.

Mind you, now that Schneider's out, I wouldn't mind seeing Podolski as LM and Schweinsteiger as RM.

I would use Odonkor as right midfielder
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby medin69 » Tue May 27, 2008 4:37 pm

what about borowski I think he can play in the middle and frings on the wing
medin69
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby FCBinNYC » Tue May 27, 2008 5:06 pm

Update: in the friendly vs Belarus today Gomez is listed as injured, so Miro and Poldi started. Who scored the first goal 10 minutes in? Klose!
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MaCk0y » Tue May 27, 2008 7:27 pm

Update 2: Bad news. :? Germany 2-2 Belarus :!: Germany scored only once while Belarus scored three goals. Hmmm.... this is not very promising. Anyone watched the match?
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby medin69 » Tue May 27, 2008 7:31 pm

I havent watched it...but I wanted to say that this is only friendline you have to know that ballack for example last week played a CL final and they are sparing with powers for euro 2008...I hope that they wont be defeated in first 3 rounds and have to go from euro...i tihnk they wont
medin69
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby FCBinNYC » Tue May 27, 2008 8:58 pm

I'm not worried because Germany only conceded after Poldi, Miro, Ballack, Frings, Schweini and Odonkor had all been taken off. I had to turn it off right before Belarus scored, apparently!
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Next

Return to General Bayern Discussion