You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Gomez v. Podolski

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Podolski v. Gomez

Poll ended at Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:46 pm

Poldi
40%
Gomez
60%

Total votes : 10

Postby MunchenFC » Tue May 27, 2008 9:10 pm

wow the game against belarus was a shocker germany conceded 2 goals after the hour mark but all through out the game as i suspected germany's defense looked bleak they have 2 get better be4 the eruo in 10 days!!!
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby walter » Wed May 28, 2008 12:00 am

I would pick Gomez as our first striker, other than being by far the best german striker in the last two seasons, he has already proven that he can also score for the national team...

The game against Belarus was just to take a look at a few players before selecting the final squad. Germany lost control after the substitutions were made, which is understandable, so there is nothing to worry about. Tomorrow the final squad should be in, so for our last friendly we should expect to see a more regular approach to the game and will sort of set a bar for our expectations.

The only part I did not understand was playing Hitzlsperger as a left fullback, when we have Jansen in the bench and Lahm could also play on the left while Fritz takes the right. The Hammer was sort of lost positionally in the game, with a lot of the Belarus attacks coming from that side.

I think Helmes will not make it, since Neuville was better today and he also brings something different and more experience, which is better for a bench player. In midfield I would probably drop Odonkor, since I think Marko Marin has more to offer. Now the third choice of who to drop is a tough one. It will probably be Jones, although I think he is a great player. IMO it should be Borowski since he has been injured a lot this season.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby soccerkyle » Wed May 28, 2008 12:27 am

I was very impressed with Helmes positioning and getting into good positions although he needs to work on his finishing and he may be a very good national team member in th future
soccerkyle
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MunchenFC » Wed May 28, 2008 12:20 pm

Low should drop jones, helms, and and possibly Odonkor for what walter said

i just find out that marin (unfortunately)
jones and helms were dropped
unfortunately for marin he played well and was becomming one of my fav players!
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu May 29, 2008 10:59 am

Marin was a bit too selfish. He was too dribble-happy. I'd like to see him try that sort of play against good tacklers such as Italy.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MunchenFC » Thu May 29, 2008 1:21 pm

MUTU wrote:Marin was a bit too selfish. He was too dribble-happy. I'd like to see him try that sort of play against good tacklers such as Italy.

yah now that u mention it
ur right
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Postby walter » Thu May 29, 2008 10:18 pm

Marin is young and needs to mature as a player and he was to eager to show his skills. I see a bright future in him though if he can balance his game...
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby MunchenFC » Thu May 29, 2008 11:14 pm

walter wrote:Marin is young and needs to mature as a player and he was to eager to show his skills. I see a bright future in him though if he can balance his game...

yah
i hope players like him and kroos can pave way to a new era of german football! :)
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Postby medin69 » Fri May 30, 2008 1:06 pm

the era like that one from years 1974-1976 :P (world champions and 3 times bayern :P)
medin69
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MunchenFC » Fri May 30, 2008 10:56 pm

medin69 wrote:the era like that one from years 1974-1976 :P (world champions and 3 times bayern :P)

like best era ever!! :)
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Previous

Return to General Bayern Discussion