You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

FC Bayern support from India

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

FC Bayern support from India

Postby MunchenFC » Thu May 20, 2010 10:34 am

I found a passage recently while reading through an article on the official FC Bayern web-site about how “Millions of Indians will be rooting for Bayern on Saturday" and I thought about how great it is that Bayern have that support from the great country of India!
I have noticed that are a few new users from India using the forum added to existing Indian users such as appudds.
I thought that the loyalties of India to FC Bayern deserved a thread and should be fully merited with a great round of applause.
Keep it up India!

The passage from an article on FCB's official web-site:

Worldwide support for FCB
Bayern fans all around the world are thrilled at the prospect of the Champions League final, possibly nowhere more so than India. “Millions of Indians will be rooting for Bayern on Saturday – and many of the fans have put that promise in writing,” reported Prof. R. P. Banerjee, Deacon of EIILM College in Kolkata, visiting Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge in Munich on Wednesday. Banerjee unrolled the first of some 5,000 scrolls submitted as part of a Good Luck campaign, subscribed to by more than 200,000 Indian fans. India is not the only source of pre-match goodwill, as good luck messages have been arriving at the Säbener Strasse in huge volumes from all the Asian cities and countries visited by Bayern in recent years.
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: FC Bayern support from India

Postby appudds » Sat May 22, 2010 11:21 am

Thanks for opening such a thread... Its been 2 days and no posts in these threads..
India is mad about football and Bayern have done a great thing in coming to India.. THey have snatched up a gr8 number of fans...
ANyways.. All the best, Bayern and bayernforum.. Have a nice time..
appudds
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Element » Sat May 22, 2010 11:35 am

Because we are posting in the thread of the official news
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MunchenFC » Sat May 22, 2010 2:24 pm

Element wrote:Because we are posting in the thread of the official news

But not many people go to the thread of the official news to post.
I opened this thread to fully commemorate the great support from a great country in what can be full fledged conversations applauding, congratulating, and complementing great India!
=D> =D> =D>
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby pabloenigma » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:45 pm

Thanxxx!!!
pabloenigma
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby appudds » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:20 pm

MunchenFC wrote:I opened this thread to fully commemorate the great support from a great country in what can be full fledged conversations applauding, congratulating, and complementing great India!

:lol:
YOu sound more patriotic than me! :P
appudds

National Flag:
India

Postby cruz » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:22 pm

I like India, and I even have a friend there! :wink:

when is Bayern going to visit India again, are there any announcements?
cruz
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby appudds » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:49 am

cruz wrote:I like India, and I even have a friend there! :wink:

Who may that be? :wink:
appudds

National Flag:
India

Postby uzi716 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:37 am

cruz wrote:I like India, and I even have a friend there! :wink:

when is Bayern going to visit India again, are there any announcements?

me?
uzi716
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby appudds » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:24 pm

uzi716 wrote:me?

You are an Indian? :shock:
appudds

National Flag:
India

Postby uzi716 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:22 pm

appudds wrote:
uzi716 wrote:me?

You are an Indian? :shock:

yea, but i was born and raised in the states. :mrgreen:
uzi716
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby appudds » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:12 am

uzi716 wrote:yea, but i was born and raised in the states. :mrgreen:

Even i am an indian.. But born and rasied in india.. :D
appudds

National Flag:
India

Postby Archit » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:09 pm

Most of the real football fans are very few from the east, in the south/west , generally people support barcelona or united just to be Kewl.
Archit

Postby appudds » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:26 am

Archit wrote:Most of the real football fans are very few from the east, in the south/west , generally people support barcelona or united just to be Kewl.

Re you from india?
appudds

National Flag:
India

Postby sd259 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:34 am

bayern has a large support base in kolkata. oliver kahn and a second XI FCB visited kolkata in 2008 with 90000 tickets sold, vfl bochum visited calcutta (now kolkata) in 1987 and smashed the local IFA XI 6-0. I was a teen and I was there. very few international teams bother visiting India so Bayern and Kahn won many hearts with their trip. there is no bundesliga on tv (only premier league, serie a, la liga and eredivisie) so to watch bayern champions league matches are the only option. sad.
sd259
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Next

Return to General Bayern Discussion