You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

FC Bayern München in different languages

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: FC Bayern München in different languages

Postby ramsej84 » Wed May 01, 2013 9:23 am

BayernLove wrote:Here we kind of have a letter English does not (many languages have it, but I don't know them all.
So it kind of ends up "Bayern Munikh", Read Element's post for the Arabic writing.

Yes I am familiar with this pronunciation - al jazeera, + our language is Semitic so I am aware of it although we still do not pronounce it like that.
On a diff note we say the numbers like this ... wiehed, tnejn, tlieta (one, two, three...) does that sound familiar ? :)
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Wed May 01, 2013 9:25 am

ramsej84 wrote:wiehed, tnejn, tlieta (one, two, three...) does that sound familiar ?

More than you could imagine ;)
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby BayernLove » Wed May 01, 2013 4:55 pm

ramsej84 wrote:On a diff note we say the numbers like this ... wiehed, tnejn, tlieta (one, two, three...) does that sound familiar ? :)

I'm pretty sure we also have "tletin" (30) and other numbers way up, hell, I'm pretty sure this was discussed before!
It's interesting to know that those numbers' pronunciation is a bit different with Jordanian and Gulf accents but sound almost the exact same in a Syrian/Lebanese accent.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby ander_ct » Wed May 01, 2013 6:40 pm

It's very special when you can express your feelings in yor own languaje so here we go:

El Bayern Munich es un equipo que me ha enseñado a ver el fútbol de una manera distinta que no necesita de modas, de marketing excesivo, de que lo estén vendiendo en una revista cada ocho días, un ejemplo de saneamiento económico, de disciplina directiva un equipo en el que la mayoría de sus jugadores provienen de su cantera, que siente la camiseta y aman el equipo, lo hacen suyo... admiro su filosofia, su entrega en los campos, y que a pesar de verse en adversidades en muchas ocasiones, JAMÁS bajan los brazos, Yo estoy totalmente convencido que el Bayern marcará una época, no porque Guardiola sea el técnico, es porque la mentalidad y visión alemana con respecto al futbol ha cambiado bastante desde hace ya un tiempo y ha demostrado que a su fuerza y a su garra le han agregado habilidad y respeto por el balón... Gracias Bayern con el equipo en las buenos y sobre todo en los malos momentos....
IN BAYERN WE TRUST
ander_ct
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Columbia

Postby ramsej84 » Wed May 01, 2013 10:40 pm

BayernLove wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:On a diff note we say the numbers like this ... wiehed, tnejn, tlieta (one, two, three...) does that sound familiar ? :)

I'm pretty sure we also have "tletin" (30) and other numbers way up, hell, I'm pretty sure this was discussed before!
It's interesting to know that those numbers' pronunciation is a bit different with Jordanian and Gulf accents but sound almost the exact same in a Syrian/Lebanese accent.

Yes of course... the foundations of our language are arabic - to be exact is a mixture of a tunisian dialact mixed with sicilian and later english...
This came to be that form the year 870-1091 the Arabs ruled the island. However there was a period of 100yrs were Malta was uninhabited and ppl from Sicily (which was also under Arab rule) came back to live on the island, whom ppl were already speaking a mixture of Arabic / Sicilian ...

more numbers ; :D Hamsin(50), wiehed u hamsin (51) mitejn (200)
listen to this : kont fuq il-bejt tad-dar tieghi u rajt ragel hiereg minn god dar ta' quddiemna...
I was on my terrace and saw a man coming out from the house opposite to mine...

sorry for the off topic...
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby BayernLove » Wed May 01, 2013 11:16 pm

ramsej84 wrote:more numbers ; :D Hamsin(50), wiehed u hamsin (51) mitejn (200)

Almost, We have a Kh on the beginning of fifty, so it's Khamsin.
Mitejn is pronounced with no j, though I suspect the j is pronounced as a y to begin with.

ramsej84 wrote:listen to this : kont fuq il-bejt tad-dar tieghi u rajt ragel hiereg minn god dar ta' quddiemna...

I understood more of that that that I imagined I would ever understand of Maltese!
Kont (I was) Fuq [more pronounced like foaq but I still got it] (above/on) il-Bejt [Il-beit] (the house) u (and) Ragel (man in North African dialects, such as the ones your language originated from, mainly used by Egyptians) minn (from) dar (house).
Is that right?
BayernLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby ramsej84 » Wed May 01, 2013 11:33 pm

BayernLove wrote:

Mitejn is pronounced with no j, though I suspect the j is pronounced as a y to begin with.

ramsej84 wrote:listen to this : kont fuq il-bejt tad-dar tieghi u rajt ragel hiereg minn god dar ta' quddiemna...

I understood more of that that that I imagined I would ever understand of Maltese!
Kont (I was) Fuq [more pronounced like foaq but I still got it] (above/on) il-Bejt [Il-beit] (the house) u (and) Ragel (man in North African dialects, such as the ones your language originated from, mainly used by Egyptians) minn (from) dar (house).
Is that right?

the j is like yeah...
Yes you are absolutely right...
for us is difficult to comprehend you (cause you speak faster than we do) but on the other hand you would be more likely to understand us.
in tunisa whenever they encounter a maltese they say : Malta hanina, hobza u sardina :D
In fact all basic words derive from arabic - qamar (moon) xemx (son) bahar (sea) ras (head) qalb (heart) verbs - nitla ( I go up) ninzel (I go down) fhimt (I've understood) and the articles and its never ending... other words have a diff meaning for instance if I am not mistaken ziemel for us is a horse while for you means ... something eles (kind of a rude word) ?
Nice discussion mate
salam alaikem or how you say it - is-sliem maghkom right? u il-lejla u r-raqda t-tajba :D ghax il- Bayern l-aqwa tim :D
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby BayernLove » Thu May 02, 2013 12:09 am

ramsej84 wrote:
BayernLove wrote:

Is that right?

the j is like yeah...
Yes you are absolutely right...
for us is difficult to comprehend you (cause you speak faster than we do) but on the other hand you would be more likely to understand us.
in tunisa whenever they encounter a maltese they say : Malta hanina, hobza u sardina :D
In fact all basic words derive from arabic - qamar (moon) xemx (son) bahar (sea) ras (head) qalb (heart) verbs - nitla ( I go up) ninzel (I go down) fhimt (I've understood) and the articles and its never ending... other words have a diff meaning for instance if I am not mistaken ziemel for us is a horse while for you means ... something eles (kind of a rude word) ?
Nice discussion mate
salam alaikem or how you say it - is-sliem maghkom right? u il-lejla u r-raqda t-tajba :D ghax il- Bayern l-aqwa tim :D

Don't know too much, you'd probably be better of asking Assem or Ahmed (The Spyware).
Malta Hanina, hobza u sardina means... Not sure actually, but it's something like: Malta is close to our hearts, hobza (?) (I know hobna is "our love")
and sardina < (Don't know about that one either)
Xemx means nothing to me in my dialect and my knowledge of it, then again, that isn't very good, I'm not amazing at Arabic one bit, but all the others make sense.
Ziemel means nothing either, good or bad or an insult.
It's more like: Salam 'Alaikom. (Peace on you)
Sleim maghkom would be somewhat correct in the aforementioned Syrian/Lebanese dialects, it means "peace WITH you".
The rest of that sentence is just confusing to me.
BayernLove

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby ramsej84 » Thu May 02, 2013 12:19 am

I think you are right Lebanese is more like it cause again the Cartagens ruled Malta and I have LBC on my tv & sometimes I listen to them...
hobz is bread ...
the last sentence means; good night and sleep well cause FCB is the best team.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby BayernLove » Thu May 02, 2013 12:26 am

ramsej84 wrote:hobz is bread ...

Ah, so again it's the whole "kh vs h" thing.
We had that discussing numbers a few posts ago.
BayernLove

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 05, 2013 5:08 pm

ramsej84 wrote:I think you are right Lebanese is more like it cause again the Cartagens ruled Malta

I was going to mention this. While it is true that the base of Maltese comes from Arabic between 870 and 1091, as you mentioned, the oldest traces of Maltese vocabulary (at least as far as I know) are older than that and come from the time of Carthaginian rule.

BayernLove wrote: il-Bejt [Il-beit] (the house)

Ha, I remember one of my Maltese teachers saying that "bejt" means "house" in Arabic. In Maltese it got a more specific meaning. For us, it means "the outside part of the roof".
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Previous

Return to General Bayern Discussion