You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

FC Bayern History

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: FC Bayern History

Postby BayernLove » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:20 pm

Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby SilentStrike » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:30 pm

You can also find a few of that match with just the highlights.

Muller and Hoeness both scored a beauty, 3-0 and 4-0
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby BayernLove » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:37 pm

SilentStrike wrote:You can also find a few of that match with just the highlights.

Muller and Hoeness both scored a beauty, 3-0 and 4-0

Sorry, I tried to find the 1-1, but couldn't.
It might be somewhere out there, but personally, it really doesn't look like it.
BayernLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby BayernLove » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:39 pm

I found this, but the playing isn't loading for me.
Might be an F'ed up player, might be me, see if you have better luck:
http://football-highlight.com/en/champi ... adrid.html
BayernLove

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MUTU » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:53 pm

Bayern Munich and Manchester United go head to head in the quarter-finals of the Champions League on Tuesday night in a tie that brings back memories of the famous 1999 final between the two sides.

Late goals from Teddy Sheringham and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer cancelled out Mario Basler's early opener and handed United the most dramatic of victories.

Sammy Kuffour - who was named man-of-the-match on the night - still believes the game in Barcelona turned on one late substitution by coach Ottmar Hitzfeld.

Lothar Matthaus, who had enjoyed one of his finest evenings despite his advancing years, was replaced by Thorsten Fink with 10 minutes remaining as Bayern headed towards a 1-0 win.

"If I was Matthaus, I would have played that game till the last drop of my blood," says Kuffour. "It was a Uefa Champions League final and everyone wants to get the glory and his stay on the field would have changed our game.

"Matthaus came to my room the night before the final and said to me: "If we handle [Andy] Cole and [Dwight] Yorke then we have won this game." Then they changed him in the 80th minute.

"People were just asking "why did Lothar Matthaus go out in the 80th minute?" Because that was our plan. He was getting older at that time - he was 38-years-old - so he played to that standard. We brought in Thorsten Fink to come and hold in the midfield for us because that's what we were doing throughout the season.

"Things didn't go as planned."

The rest as they say is history, with the late drama proving all too much for Kuffour, who was pictured beating the turf in frustration following Solskjaer's late winner.

"To this day, I haven't watched the game. Everybody tried to pick themselves up afterwards. It wasn't easy at all when we went to the dressing room knowing we blew our chance to get our hands on the medal. Nobody could believe what had just happened. It was a very, very sad moment in the dressing room.

"It was the fans I was worried about because they believed in us so much and although I won the man-of-the-match award it meant nothing to me. Seeing our fans cry was heartbreaking for the team."

Bayern were back in the semi-finals in 2000 and went one step further a year later, beating Valencia on penalties in the final after gaining revenge on United at the quarter-final stage. It was particularly sweet for Kuffour.

"We couldn’t accept that defeat again so the vengeance was really huge for me personally because I had a lot at stake with friends teasing me. So after that game I called up my Manchester United friends to ask them what it felt like. It was a really good thing."

Kuffour was one of a band of players who survived the 1999 heartache to bounce back and win two years later, with captain Stefan Effenberg lifting the cup.

"I have seen and played with great players but Effenberg has a different character," Kuffour says. "He came to my room a night before the game and told me Sammy if we don't win this cup that will be the end of us." [source]
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby quaazi » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:36 pm

I wonder if, say, Badstuber will have similar comments about Müller and Jupp in ten years...
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:51 pm

quaazi wrote:I wonder if, say, Badstuber will have similar comments about Müller and Jupp in ten years...

Who knows?

I believe we shot ourselves in a similar way in 2012 with that substitution, because by adding a 5th defender in a game we were dominating was a way of asking Chelsea to come closer to our penalty area, as we dropped back ourselves. But it is different than this case, I suppose, because Muller was not responsible for marking Drogba. It was the same players "marking" Drogba throughout the game (in the end, it was lack of marking that lost us the game).

But alas, who knows what would have happened in extra time had Muller been on the field, or even in the penalty shootout?
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ottackon » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:47 pm

ottackon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby MUTU » Fri May 01, 2015 8:29 am

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Burko » Fri May 15, 2015 11:13 am

FC Bayern, cca 1977.
1974, 1975, 1976, 2001, 2013, 2017?
Burko
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Slovakia

FCB History

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:32 am

I am not sure if such topic exists about our history ...
this is our first ever Champions Cup 1974.
We know that in the last three decades we were really unlucky losing to the unknown A.Villa, FC Porto & those from '99 . 2012 however the very first three that we won were a bit lucky to say the least.
The one from 1974 we eliminated a Swedish tm by penalties in the 1st round, and then went on to beat Dynamo Dresden by a 7-6 agg.
see all the matches here.
the match list [source]

The final.
Played in Belgium on 15.5
Back then penalties were not an option in finals. The game went into extra time and the late L.Aragones curled a direct FK in the 114. However this great man Schwarzenbeck had a different thought and invented a shot (deflected) and we equalized in the 120!!

two days later the game had to be replayed (the attendance fell by almost 50%)
We won 4-0
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xyaysn ... -cup_sport
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Burko » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:24 am

Some photos from that day:
1974, 1975, 1976, 2001, 2013, 2017?
Burko
I post all the time

National Flag:
Slovakia

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:53 am

During the Cup presentation Uli passed the Trophy immediately to one of his mates. Seemed unmoved to say the least...
PS He was a great player indeed ,,, and what about Gerd Mueller's goals...wow that cannon and that lob =D>
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nm462272 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:11 am

http://www.thelocal.de/20150522/fc-baye ... discovered

Short article about the early history of FC Bayern, complete with links to an old pamphlet that was recently found detailing the club's first 25 years
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ottackon » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:40 am

Didier Drogba revealed in his new autobiography "Commitment", the techniques that he used to try and make sure Robben missed his crucial penalty during the 2012 CL final.

Along with Lampard, Drogba tried to remind the Dutch forward of his Chelsea past, suggesting goalkeeper Petr Cech would know where he wanted to place the spot-kick.

"Arjen, you're a Chelsea player, you can't do this! Don't do it! Anyway, we'll know where you're going to shoot," Drogba and Lampard said to Robben, according the Ivorian's autobiography.

"We got inside his head, definitely, because his kick was weak – definitely weaker than it would normally have been – and Petr saved it," Drogba suggested.
ottackon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion