You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

FC Bayern Finances

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: FC Bayern Finances

Postby MUTU » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:15 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
MUTU wrote:OK it's time to talk about the elephant in the room...

"I am not going to buy a footballer for 150 or 200 million euros," Hoeness said.

"We will not participate in that madness and while it lasts it will not be possible to plan for victory in the Champions League.

"Our aim is to be the champion of Germany."

Guess we threw in the towel. It was only a matter of time since the new EPL TV deal was announced. The board denied it would affect them, but ultimately they circled round to my prediction. I guess we'll be back to mediocrity.
It was very predictable that we wouldn't be able to compete money wise. That's why we should have gone all in for Alexis and James and make full use of the current golden generation we have to win the CL. After they are gone, we will surely regress back to mediocrity, but while they are here we could have won the CL if we had bought more aggressively.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Agree, we threw in the towel too early for my liking.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Pelin » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:58 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:

"I am not going to buy a footballer for 150 or 200 million euros," Hoeness said.

"We will not participate in that madness and while it lasts it will not be possible to plan for victory in the Champions League.

Guess we threw in the towel. It was only a matter of time since the new EPL TV deal was announced. The board denied it would affect them, but ultimately they circled round to my prediction. I guess we'll be back to mediocrity.
It was very predictable that we wouldn't be able to compete money wise. That's why we should have gone all in for Alexis and James and make full use of the current golden generation we have to win the CL. After they are gone, we will surely regress back to mediocrity, but while they are here we could have won the CL if we had bought more aggressively.

First off, you know nothing about football, in terms of tactical and technical knowledge of football. Second off,you know nothing about sport economy.

Have you every heard something like buying smart? Probably no.

Don't twist Uli's words again. You were saying that we would depend only on new youth center weeks ago. But time proved you wrong.in this case, it is clear that he was not trying to put pressure on the team.

Btw, English teams can get into debt for big amounts, while Bayern's policy is againist it. That's all. Most of their teams are rebuilding a new side, this is why they are overspending.

Nobody is crazy like them. They are overpaying for even average players. if you want Bayern like them, please go and support them, leave Bayern alone. Please.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby nm462272 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:26 pm

I can understand the frustration regarding spending, but that is a big reason I became a Bayern fan... management doesn't overspend on hype players (Sanches may be a one-off here ;) ), but Bayern still succeeds based on smart spending. CL is the ultimate goal, but I am happy with winning Bundesliga. The writing is on the wall with the money in England. Bayern will not be able to outspend, so they will have to outsmart.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:32 pm

Pelin wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:

First off, you know nothing about football, in terms of tactical and technical knowledge of football. Second off,you know nothing about sport economy.

Have you every heard something like buying smart? Probably no.

Don't twist Uli's words again. You were saying that we would depend only on new youth center weeks ago. But time proved you wrong.in this case, it is clear that he was not trying to put pressure on the team.

Btw, English teams can get into debt for big amounts, while Bayern's policy is againist it. That's all. Most of their teams are rebuilding a new side, this is why they are overspending.

Nobody is crazy like them. They are overpaying for even average players. if you want Bayern like them, please go and support them, leave Bayern alone. Please.

Which part of "not be possible to plan for victory in the Champions League" did you find confusing? If we're not trying to win the Champions League and all that we're aiming for is winning the Bundesliga we will be in the same situation we were in a decade or more ago. There has never been such a big gap between spending enough to win the Bundesliga and spending enough to challenge seriously for the Champions League.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:22 pm

The outsmart and not go crazy crowd is rellying on a falacy; literally no one is asking for a 100m signing, but we need to stop counting pennies and getting the actual good opportunities we see (like Alexis for ~50m, or Bernardo Silva/Lemar, KDB and Sané before, etc). We need to accept that spending 50m on a player is from now on the norm, not something crazy or extravagant. To that level, we should be able to rise...

PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby MUTU » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:34 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:The outsmart and not go crazy crowd is rellying on a falacy; literally no one is asking for a 100m signing, but we need to stop counting pennies and getting the actual good opportunities we see (like Alexis for ~50m, or Bernardo Silva/Lemar, KDB and Sané before, etc). We need to accept that spending 50m on a player is from now on the norm, not something crazy or extravagant. To that level, we should be able to rise...

This. We've traditionally stood at spending around 25% to around 33% of the world record transfer. However, now our current transfer record stands at 41.5m and the world record transfer looks set to become 220m, which would make our record at less than 19% of the world transfer record. To keep up with our tradition we would need to start spending between 55m and 73m.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nm462272 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:14 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:The outsmart and not go crazy crowd is rellying on a falacy; literally no one is asking for a 100m signing, but we need to stop counting pennies and getting the actual good opportunities we see (like Alexis for ~50m, or Bernardo Silva/Lemar, KDB and Sané before, etc). We need to accept that spending 50m on a player is from now on the norm, not something crazy or extravagant. To that level, we should be able to rise...

Tolisso & James... these are excellent opportunities at great prices...
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:28 pm

nm462272 wrote:

Tolisso & James... these are excellent opportunities at great prices...
Sure they are, but I'm not sure they are enough to address our main problem, which is attack. I would have rather they spend 60m on Alexis than 40m on Tolisso, because Alexis is *the* player we actually needed short term.

The problem is further exacerbated by Carlo not adapting to the squads strengths; insisting on playing 4231 without any WC wingers is just dumb. If we were so hellbent on playing that way, then the James and also Tolisso purchases make no short-term sense.

If we were to play 4321/4312, then yes, our purchases were on point; but there is no indication of that yet.

TLDR: Our wings are not up to par, and the management seems hellbent to play 4231; those two things taken together make our purchases stupid/insufficient in the short-term.

PunkCapitalist

Postby #12 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:34 pm

Yup...

Also, we never seriously "planned" to win the CL, and as a matter of fact, you simply can't, I agree in that regard...

B U T:
You can put up a squad that has a decent shot at doing so... We're not doing that... In fact, we have moved one step down the ladder every year since 2013... Right now, we're not a top three, but a top 10 or top7/8 team... And we're about to fall out of the top 10 in 1-3 years...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Pelin » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:07 am

First off all, English teams are more aggressive on the market, since All of them have their best coaches in the last years and they want to use this advantage, so they want to use it behalf of their team. İn addition, like l said before, They can get into debt, especially Arab money City. Whereas, 100-150 m euros in this market is the optimum amount and the most teams can spend without debts or selling players.

Secondly, The market has changed. So we have to adapt. Now, Most teams can keep their star players with increased financial power.This is why, lately, scouting, investing on youth became more important than ever before. Therefore, you need to increase your player’s pool and you need to increase your options. This is why investing on youth made the most sense. İn addition, you have a chance to create profit and resale value from it.

Furthermore, when l was a kid, Bayern was playing for a triple, now Bayern still plays for a triple. Bayern always performed at highest level.

RM, who didn’t win a CL for 10 years and Barca dominated La Liga for a long period.
Barca, who got 2 golden generations in a row, with only 1 year break, amazing, though it needs a lot of luck.

After all, Barca’s mismgt and our ex coach’s destroying us, put them alone at highest level and they used this advantage perfectly. Yep, Bayern could have won at least 1 CL in the last 4 years with a proper CL coach. we can also blame Carlo, just because he didn’t fix Pep’s era’s flaws and played a Qatar level player in our first Xl.and we paid the price.

When you don’t twist Uli’s words. İt makes sense. Uli lately said something important. That We should find the balance between Reschke signings and world class players. And we will overpay when needed. Perfect sum of our potential problems in the future.

Overall, signing Sanchez for 25 m euros a year wage was crazy and l’m happy we didn’t. he was not that worth of player that you can destroy your salary structure for him.Now we have next year’s all budget for 1 winger, also Costa money. Since Juve promised to buy him, otherwise, we still can sell him, even to China. So a 100 m euros signing can be.

l’m also happy with aggressive China marketing. İt will benefit both Bayern and Bundesliga, even in short term.

Btw, from now on, l will ignore #12 and Punk, since l consider them as non Bayern fans. Honestly, l thought thiagoalcantara was his second acc. Moreover, All they do is trolling and asking for their favourite players. And their sick pessimism.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby DerKaiser » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:19 am

if I may add, why do you guys think that this squad doesnt have a chance of winning the CL?
I think they most definately do, if you all are using the preseason as a measure geeeez.
Bayern is like the GoldenState Warrior basketball team, its all about the fourth quarter!
Statistics are like miniskirts . What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:34 am

DerKaiser wrote:if I may add, why do you guys think that this squad doesnt have a chance of winning the CL?
I think they most definately do, if you all are using the preseason as a measure geeeez.
Bayern is like the GoldenState Warrior basketball team, its all about the fourth quarter!

Well, Curry and Durant are often on the bench for the 4th quarter, because they are already winning by 30. It's like Neuer, Hummels and Lewa staying on the bench for the second half.

Send via carrier pigeon.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby #12 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:53 am

Pelin wrote:First off all, English teams are more aggressive on the market, since All of them have their best coaches in the last years and they want to use this advantage, so they want to use it behalf of their team. İn addition, like l said before, They can get into debt, especially Arab money City. Whereas, 100-150 m euros in this market is the optimum amount and the most teams can spend without debts or selling players.

Secondly, The market has changed. So we have to adapt. Now, Most teams can keep their star players with increased financial power.This is why, lately, scouting, investing on youth became more important than ever before. Therefore, you need to increase your player’s pool and you need to increase your options. This is why investing on youth made the most sense. İn addition, you have a chance to create profit and resale value from it.

Furthermore, when l was a kid, Bayern was playing for a triple, now Bayern still plays for a triple. Bayern always performed at highest level.

RM, who didn’t win a CL for 10 years and Barca dominated La Liga for a long period.
Barca, who got 2 golden generations in a row, with only 1 year break, amazing, though it needs a lot of luck.

After all, Barca’s mismgt and our ex coach’s destroying us, put them alone at highest level and they used this advantage perfectly. Yep, Bayern could have won at least 1 CL in the last 4 years with a proper CL coach. we can also blame Carlo, just because he didn’t fix Pep’s era’s flaws and played a Qatar level player in our first Xl.and we paid the price.

When you don’t twist Uli’s words. İt makes sense. Uli lately said something important. That We should find the balance between Reschke signings and world class players. And we will overpay when needed. Perfect sum of our potential problems in the future.

Overall, signing Sanchez for 25 m euros a year wage was crazy and l’m happy we didn’t. he was not that worth of player that you can destroy your salary structure for him.Now we have next year’s all budget for 1 winger, also Costa money. Since Juve promised to buy him, otherwise, we still can sell him, even to China. So a 100 m euros signing can be.

l’m also happy with aggressive China marketing. İt will benefit both Bayern and Bundesliga, even in short term.

Btw, from now on, l will ignore #12 and Punk, since l consider them as non Bayern fans. Honestly, l thought thiagoalcantara was his second acc. Moreover, All they do is trolling and asking for their favourite players. And their sick pessimism.

"RM, who couldn't win a CL for 10 years" - sentences like this one are beyond stupid... Or maybe you just don't know anything about the club YOU claim to support...
Btw, from now on I'm gonna call out all the zombie conformists on their stupid shit if they choose to attack me...

So:
Are you even a member?
I bet I've been one longer than you know how to spell Bayern München - if you even do
Since you claim Bayern fought for a treble (that's what it's called btw) when you were a kid, you still must be one - cause we never did before arguably 2010...
Baby boy, go home

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Isabella » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:24 am

#12 wrote:
Pelin wrote:First off all, English teams are more aggressive on the market, since All of them have their best coaches in the last years and they want to use this advantage, so they want to use it behalf of their team. İn addition, like l said before, They can get into debt, especially Arab money City. Whereas, 100-150 m euros in this market is the optimum amount and the most teams can spend without debts or selling players.

"RM, who couldn't win a CL for 10 years" - sentences like this one are beyond stupid... Or maybe you just don't know anything about the club YOU claim to support...
Btw, from now on I'm gonna call out all the zombie conformists on their stupid shit if they choose to attack me...

So:
Are you even a member?
I bet I've been one longer than you know how to spell Bayern München - if you even do
Since you claim Bayern fought for a treble (that's what it's called btw) when you were a kid, you still must be one - cause we never did before arguably 2010...
Baby boy, go home

In 1999 also Bayern was really close to do that (ended with loss in both CL and Cup final but still) and other years Bayern win or was at least very close to the double with Bundesliga and European cup
Isabella
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Italy

Postby #12 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:34 pm

Isabella wrote:
#12 wrote:

So:
Are you even a member?
Baby boy, go home

In 1999 also Bayern was really close to do that (ended with loss in both CL and Cup final but still) and other years Bayern win or was at least very close to the double with Bundesliga and European cup

We were never really competing for a treble except - I agree (thought of it just after posting) - in 99... However, back then we had a special team that was competitive through fighting spirit, and not exactly quality... Times have changed however - as I tried to explain: times have changed... We don't need to spend 100m or anything like that on a player... We should stay true to our philosophy- but times change - we have to adapt... As MUTU always says, percentage-wise we're dramatically falling back...

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion