You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

FC Bayern Finances

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: FC Bayern Finances

Postby sch0ll7 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:57 am

tflags wrote:It seems Bundesliga's TV rights are about to be awarded (2013-2017) at an estimated 500 million from 412 million. These are annual figures. That is a healthy 21% increase in revenues for all teams in the next four year cycle.

Speaking about revenues, the club has also secured more than EUR45 million from ticket sales and TV rights on the CL by advancing to the semi-finals. Last year the club made EUR32.5 million by reaching the second round. This means the club has already secured a healthy 38.5% increase in revenues from European competitions.

If the team can pull a revenue comeback by increasing merchandising sales in excess of 20%, I would call that a Financial Treble. Ok ok ok, that might be harder than the football treble alright.

This 45 mil € indicate CL money [marketpool + award money] + matchday from CL home matches
32.5 mil € indicate only CL money [marketpool + award money]

We will actually make similar amount of money due to us having better campaign this year but we did manage to get a lot more money from marketpool last season because we finnished 1st in BL the year before...last year we only managed 3rd place.

About the bundesliga TV rights...I know that media are saying around 450-500 mil € / year for new TV rights...but I still asume it will be more than that.
I follow the news every day and I believe that this bidding will go into next round of bidding with Deutsche Telekom and Sky fighting for cable/satellite rights. I hope they at least manage to get 550mil€

And also other packages like Internet, IPTV, mobile etc...will probably get an increase.

Lets hope so
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:48 am

sch0ll7 wrote:I hope they at least manage to get 550mil€

This is what worries me. Because earlier you had written:

sch0ll7 wrote:I dont belive it will be only 500 mil €...I am looking for at least 700 mil €

Soon it will end up being 450 :(
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby sch0ll7 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:27 pm

It all depends on how far are they willing to fight:)
sch0ll7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby armbrust » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:50 pm

BERLIN — The German Football League says Sky television will keep the live broadcast rights to the Bundesliga for another four years as part of a deal that will increase the league's annual income by more than 50 percent.

The league, or DFL, said Tuesday that the agreement will also allow ARD public television keep the rights to broadcast highlights of Bundesliga matches.

The deal starts in the 2013-14 season and runs through to 2016-17. The DFL says it will bring in about €2.5 billion ($3.3 billion) in total. That amounts to about €628 million per year on average, compared with €412 million per year at the moment.

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/0 ... TV-Rights/
@armbrustpoker
armbrust
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby armbrust » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:59 pm

MUTU wrote:
sch0ll7 wrote:I hope they at least manage to get 550mil€

This is what worries me. Because earlier you had written:

sch0ll7 wrote:I dont belive it will be only 500 mil €...I am looking for at least 700 mil €

Soon it will end up being 450 :(

628 million :D
@armbrustpoker
armbrust
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:07 pm

Great news! But there is still way more room for improvement considering that the Bundesliga is earning only 2/3rds of what the Serie A is earning.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Rogach » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:56 pm

Does this mean i will still be ablo to watch Bundesliga on Eurosport or no?
Rogach
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sch0ll7 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:21 pm

great news..dont forget that we also get around 72 mil for overseas rights that is 700 mil combined..bnd oversea
s ri
ghts increase every year with new deals...greatings from istanbul..now i am off to cafe to watch the game..go bestia negra
sch0ll7

Postby Rogach » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:42 pm

So sch0ll7, with us hosting the CL final, posibly even playing in it and the improved Bundesliga deal - do you think we will reach the 400 mil mark this season, or at least the next season?
Rogach
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tflags » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:22 pm

KHR wrote:How much of the FC Bayern benefits from the contract, which shall apply from the 2013/14 season?
In the past fiscal year, Bayern has taken around 30 million euros from the Bundesliga TV rights. If we extend this in the future, we can expect thanks to the new TV contract with revenue of more than 45 million €.

You can bet they just nailed a full 1/3 of that "merciless acquisitions" promise.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:18 pm

BARCELONA (Reuters) - If this year's Champions League title were awarded to the club with the soundest finances among the four semi-finalists Bayern Munich would probably win with Real Madrid runners-up, according to a study of their accounts published on Monday,

Bayern and Real both reported a net profit in the accounts used for the study, 2010-11 for the Spaniards and 2009-10 for their German rivals, according to Jose Maria Gay, a professor of accounting at the University of Barcelona.

The other two semi-finalists, holders Barcelona and Chelsea, by contrast, made losses in 2010-11 and 2009-10 respectively, the study showed.

Bayern, who will seek to protect a 2-1 lead when they play at Real on Wednesday, had the smallest debt among the four at 338 million euros, with Real's at 590 million.

Barca, needing to overturn a 1-0 deficit when they host Chelsea on Tuesday, had total debt of 578 million with Chelsea's by far the biggest at 792 million.

"Bayern typifies the German financial model characterised by reason, moderation and coherence," Gay wrote.

"Real Madrid, for their part, reflects more the Spanish model of a large conglomerate with substantial investments and a high level of debt."

Barca, chasing a third continental crown in four years, have "room for improvement both in terms of revenue and expenditure", according to Gay.

"The club has suffered in the past two seasons from a negative asset balance coupled with the losses they recorded at the end of each accounting period," he added.

"For its part, Roman Abramovich's Chelsea continues down the already familiar path of negative equity.

"The losses that build up season after season go hand in hand with the financing provided by the companies belonging to the club's owner.

"Its eye-catching equity deficit is nothing more than the result of returning negative results over a number of seasons."

Bayern also came out on top in a comparison of labour costs with revenues, the study showed.

The German side spent 201 million euros on labour against income of 350 million euros, or 57 percent of earnings, compared with Real's outlay of 309 million euros on revenues of 590 million, or 65 percent.

Barca's labour costs were the highest at 320 million euros compared with earnings of 450 million, or 71 percent, although both theirs and Real's includes a host of other sports teams within the clubs.

Chelsea's were 245 million euros on income of 229 million, or 107 percent.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:20 pm

MUTU wrote:had the smallest debt among the four at 338 million euros

Since when have we accumulated such debt? I know we built the Allianz Arena, but weren't we supposed to be close to paying off the loan?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby hgb09 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:30 pm

There's something wrong!!!
hgb09
2014/15 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby lau03143 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:20 pm

MUTU wrote:
MUTU wrote:had the smallest debt among the four at 338 million euros

Since when have we accumulated such debt? I know we built the Allianz Arena, but weren't we supposed to be close to paying off the loan?

Sounds totally ridiculous.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby raz25 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:04 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:great news..dont forget that we also get around 72 mil for overseas rights that is 700 mil combined.

Are you sure? I heard the comentators saying bundesliga gets about 700 million from overseas only. So with the new sky contract, bundesliga clubs will soon get over 1 billion a year.
Ich bin ein Feierbiest!
raz25
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion