You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

FC Bayern Finances

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: FC Bayern Finances

Postby lau03143 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:51 pm

Mr.S wrote:This is absolutely RIDICULOUS. You obviously know nothing. India is a country of a 120 odd Million people & several millions leaving abraod. India has football crazy fans too but with little infrastructure. As a matter of fact the football craze in many parts of India is unparalleled,not even germany you have it, You have 1.20 Lakh seeing a derby match in the stadium & 50 thousand waiting outside a stadium.

Your point was Overseas Nationalists will give viewership. This is pretty crap logic as Italian population or German is nothing considered to the world. Football is a global sport & a league like EPL has national icons from almost every country which brings significant popularity & viewership & not due to the resident Italians.

I wont even compare a dying league named Seria A to the Bundesliga. Seria 5 years ago was still decent. Now & with FFP kicking in Seria A will die in notime. With FFP Ligue 1,Eredivisie & Portugese leagues would overtake Seria A.

Why compare last 10 years??? Why not last 4-5 years?? 10 years is a long time & a stupid comparison. Inter did it sure but now is a dying team & is almost bankrupt. CHL success is not the barometer of a league. The average level of Bundesliga is far & above any other league & i miles. An 18th team of BL can drub a 9-10th team in Seria A 3-0 or 4-0.

Again you make ridiculous comments with the Scotland comment. In leagues like Scottish or such level 1 team should get CHL spot & another qualifying.
I am not sure that is what happens with Eredivise. Now if the CHL comes 3rd he gets demoted to Europa League & if the other loses the qualifier ,you have 2 extra teams . You have 4 teams & they take these competitions seriously.

Since you mentioned Eufa CUp,do you know what Seria A teams do. Roma could not even qualify & got knocked out like Mainz when even Hannover did.Schalke top their group.

Eufa actually ranks league by European success. Champions League & EUFA CUP. THE BL is much MUCH ahead of SERIA A now & almost on par with la Liga. Hence BL snatched the 4th CHL place & Seria A have been demoted to 3 places(1 qualifier out of those). No CHL money for Inter,napoli,juve or someone like that. Haha I want to see how they manage the bankrupt club now.

The strength of German National team ->

2010 WC -> 3rd Place
Euro 2008 -> 2nd place
2006 WC -> 3rd Place
Euro 2004 -> Group Stage Elimination
2002 WC -> 2nd Place
1998 WC -> Quarter Finalists

On top of my head I can remember this. Is this mediocrity??? Dude dont talk BS.

The fact is... Not as many people watch the BL abroad, or else they TV rights would have went for far more. And no matter how big football is in India, Cricket is still by far the national sport. I also never said that the German National team performance was mediocre. I said the BL teams performances were.

MUTU wrote:Well, the Bundesliga has only just broken into the top three leagues. We still have to wait until next season to see four German clubs in the Champions League. It will take the fans a bit longer to switch to watching another league. In time (4-5 years), if the Bundesliga stays ahead of Serie A it would probably overtake it in terms of overseas followers.

But it doesn't mean that Serie A is better in the meantime. Usually what happens is that the cable company shows the top 3 leagues or so. This enabled people to become fans of Italian clubs. And while they are fans they are likely to remain fans. The target for the Bundesliga is with the newcomers to football (eg children). These will be less likely to start supporting a Serie A club in its current state, which in relative terms is very poor.

Exactly
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:34 pm

Rummenigge talked about this now:

- he called the present situation a blackmail
- he proposes a dedicated Bundesliga channel
- he wants to compete with Italy on TV money
- he says Italy is a smaller country with a weaker economy and in the five-year UEFA rankings is behind Germany.
- they get 900 million euros, and the Bundesliga gets 412.

Source: http://www.tz-online.de/sport/fc-bayern ... 66986.html
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby sch0ll7 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:18 pm

It is not about the viewers outside the country...it is about the money that comes from the inside...

As you can see Italy and France dont get a lot of money from foreign rights...but from domestic rights. Premier league gets less money for domestic rights than Serie A..even though it has 1000x more stars and it is 1000x more interesting league.

It is all about the money that owner of broadcasting rights can market from a fans that live in that country.

For instance...SKY- Italia will get at least 2x more money than SKY-Deutschland from their viewers/subscribers...because in Italy and England people tend to buy SKY subscriptions and pay big bucks to watch their team on TV....while in Germany they dont.

1 reason for that is because Deutsche Telekom owns IPTV rights for Bundesliga and they have almost as big share of viewers [of bundesliga] as SKY.

I dont belive it will be only 500 mil €...I am looking for at least 700 mil €...because SKY wants to buy all broadcasting rights [including those rights that now Deutsche Telekom owns...and others like highlights for smart phones etc....]...and Deutsche Telekom also wants all of it...so they will somehow have to battle for those rigths.

let's wait and see...but I am quite confident it will be more than 500 mil € per annum:)
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby sch0ll7 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:21 pm

German soccer league DFL is due to announce details of the bidding structure and rules of the Bundesliga tender in the second half of January.
sch0ll7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby MUTU » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:23 pm

Aha this is your area sch0ll7 :) Thanks for the explanation. I knew the Bundesliga was weaker overseas as opposed to other leagues but I had no idea how domestically handicapped it was, especially considering the populations...
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Mr.S » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:02 pm

Obviously. Isn't it obvious. Most of the people in Germany fill those huge stadiums & prefer to watch a match there than at TV. IN Italy you get empty stadiums.
Mr.S
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:11 pm

Mr.S wrote:Obviously. Isn't it obvious. Most of the people in Germany fill those huge stadiums & prefer to watch a match there than at TV. IN Italy you get empty stadiums.

And the biggest reason is that stadium ticket prices are very cheap in Germany...
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:28 pm

And a big reason for the tickets being cheap is that there is a big enough fanbase to force through what they want. Back a full circle!
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Mr.S » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:56 pm

Look everybody will agree the BL has evolved from what it was 3-4 years ago & the quality of german players are at a very good level now,probably the best in years. Yes Bundesliga does not have big foreign superstars.

But now with 4 CHL spots for BL & 3 for Seria A newer superstars will be made & clubs will grow financially stronger.
Mr.S
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby lau03143 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:32 pm

Mr.S wrote:Obviously. Isn't it obvious. Most of the people in Germany fill those huge stadiums & prefer to watch a match there than at TV. IN Italy you get empty stadiums.

Mr.S wrote:Look everybody will agree the BL has evolved from what it was 3-4 years ago & the quality of german players are at a very good level now,probably the best in years. Yes Bundesliga does not have big foreign superstars.

But now with 4 CHL spots for BL & 3 for Seria A newer superstars will be made & clubs will grow financially stronger.

In agreement with you here! :-D

Sent from my ST18i using Tapatalk
who have come to
Munich as strangers
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby dambun » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:19 am

I want to give Kalle like 100 Karma points for these comments... :D =D> =D> =D>
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby tflags » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:01 pm

Bayern won the last of its four European Cups in 2001 and came close to adding a fifth when it was beaten in the 2010 final by debt-laden Inter Milan, which announced a 69 million euro loss the same year. “I would not be happy if I win a Champions League like that,” Hoeness said at a restaurant in Munich this week. “If I win a Champions League, I want to be in profit.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-01-1 ... -says.html
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby tflags » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:24 pm

Liverpool, UEFA's current 10th ranked European outfit, closed a shirt sponsorship deal valued at close to EUR30 mil per year; a day after former sponsor, Adidas, announced they will not be meeting the club's exorbitant demands due to poor performance.

Anyone care to speculate how much we are getting till 2020 for our shirts?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby lau03143 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:32 pm

tflags wrote:Liverpool, UEFA's current 10th ranked European outfit, closed a shirt sponsorship deal valued at close to EUR30 mil per year; a day after former sponsor, Adidas, announced they will not be meeting the club's exorbitant demands due to poor performance.

Anyone care to speculate how much we are getting till 2020 for our shirts?

Not really sure. I think globally, Liverpool shirts are easier to obtain than a Bayern shirt. Took ages to find the home top in a medium in Scotland! But I'd probably say it was on par with that, €40m max

Sent from my ST18i using Tapatalk
who have come to
Munich as strangers
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby sch0ll7 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:44 pm

here is new Deloitte Money League...for the season 2010/11...anounced today.

http://www.deloitte.com/view/en_GB/uk/i ... 0aRCRD.htm

We kept 4th place...even tough we had one of our worst season in recent years:)

Nice to read that our new extended deal with Adidas brings us around 25 mil€ / year...which is great:)

Let's hope we go far this season so we can overtake Man Utd on 3rd place...who are already out of CL which means they will lose around 40 mil€ [comparing to last season when they were the highest earners in CL]...
sch0ll7

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion