You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

FC Bayern Finances

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: FC Bayern Finances

Postby Mr.S » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:39 pm

Look come to the point. How much will they get by the new deal.I expected a 50 % increase. Some of the expectations are ridiculous anyway.

The Bundesliga has grown exponentially. The change is Gigantic. Now BL is up there wil EPL & la Liga & there is a lot of great players & Germany is doing exceptionally internationally.

I expected a 650 Million Euro odd deal. I expected a 10 Million odd increase in TV revenue for Bayern.
Mr.S
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby lau03143 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:58 pm

Mr.S wrote: Now BL is up there wil EPL & la Liga & there is a lot of great players

Sorry, but the BL is still 3rd or 4th behind EPL, La Liga and arguably the Seria A.

The BL doesn't have the best players, they still go to England, Spain and Italy. Bayern aside.

The top European clubs still come from England, Spain and Italy. Bayern aside.

Internationally, these three leagues have a bigger audience than the BL.

But the BL, I think is the best league, but not always for the right reasons. Not because exceptional football, quite the opposite infact. But because you're almost always guaranteed an exciting game, and the league is so well supported.

Sent from my ST18i using Tapatalk
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:14 pm

lau03143 wrote:Internationally, these three leagues have a bigger audience than the BL.

EPL has a bigger international audience, La Liga's international audience is almost all Barca/Real fans... Serie A, I'm not sure about. They don't even have a decent domestic audience.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Mr.S » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:52 pm

lau03143 wrote:
Mr.S wrote: Now BL is up there wil EPL & la Liga & there is a lot of great players

Sorry, but the BL is still 3rd or 4th behind EPL, La Liga and arguably the Seria A.

The BL doesn't have the best players, they still go to England, Spain and Italy. Bayern aside.

The top European clubs still come from England, Spain and Italy. Bayern aside.

Internationally, these three leagues have a bigger audience than the BL.

But the BL, I think is the best league, but not always for the right reasons. Not because exceptional football, quite the opposite infact. But because you're almost always guaranteed an exciting game, and the league is so well supported.

Are you kidding me??? SERIA A is a dying League. I would say the Eredivise,Ligue 1 & Portugese League are almost on par with Seria A & in future will definitely overtake them. Seria A cant lace Bundesliga's boots. Inter & Milan are swimming in debt & at this rate will go bankrupt & would be kicked out of European Football with their debt with FFA kicking in. Same with Roma & their owners.

What is a La Liga anyway??? La Liga is 1 step down BL. It's a 1 horse race & the same 2 teams & the rest of the teams fighting for the 3rd spot. The average level of La Liga teams have crashed. Even a Leverkusen is beating a Valencia to a CHL spot.

The Eufa Coefficient says it all. Bundesliga is miles ahead of Seria A & will overtake La Liga in 1-2 years.

Anyways with now 4 CHL spots for BL & 3 for Seria A it's game over. 4 spots,more teams & more CHL money & possibly success. BL team have stabilized. Dortmund are here to stay & probably the same with Schalke. Leverkusen are outsiders & any of the rest team can be in the CHL spot consistently.

The reason why the best players dont come is Bundesliga raises youth & gives them chance & does not pay ridiculous wages & transfers. Seria A clubs dont even own stadiums. All EPL clubs bar Arsenal & probably MU are loss making & hugely loss making. The players go because their sugar daddy or Sum Arab Sheikhs pay for it. Anyways Barca & Real are loss making clubs too. With FFA,the losses have to be limited to 45 million over 3 years or these clubs will be KICKED out.

Barca & Real's dominace will be over. Bayern earn 25 Million through TV rights while these clubs earn 140 Million each. Athletico 40 Million,then 25 Million & then the rest of the clubs beg & get 2 Million or whatever. There has already been huge dissent & a REVOLT will happen in the past. No unilaterally selling TV rights but selling & distributing the whole League's TV rights.

What will happen then??? When this TV money will drop down to 40 Million??? It's game over. Bundesliga is the PRESENT & THE FUTURE.
Mr.S
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby lau03143 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:23 pm

I still think that people across the world where there are large ex-pat English, Spanish and Italian communities, that there leagues will generally attract the same and probably better TV deals as the BL. No matter what quality is in the league.

who have come to
Munich as strangers
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Mr.S » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:57 am

lau03143 wrote:I still think that people across the world where there are large ex-pat English, Spanish and Italian communities, that there leagues will generally attract the same and probably better TV deals as the BL. No matter what quality is in the league.

Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. There are a 100 more million Indians in every country than these. So will the Indian League beat them??
Mr.S
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:33 am

The vast majority of income from TV for the Bundesliga comes from Germany. Outside of Germany, the Bundesliga has very few viewers compared to the EPL, Spanish Liga and Serie A. This is demographics which I don't have time to look up but can be found freely.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Mr.S » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:07 pm

MUTU wrote:The vast majority of income from TV for the Bundesliga comes from Germany. Outside of Germany, the Bundesliga has very few viewers compared to the EPL, Spanish Liga and Serie A. This is demographics which I don't have time to look up but can be found freely.

Cool. That is because Bundesliga does not have HUGE foreign stars.

EPL has Modric,Vidic,Drogba,Torres,Van Persie,Kompany,Dzeko,Balotelli,Aguero,Nasri,Silva,Suarez. You see they have 1-2 Huge players from evey country. European,South American,African,now even Asian.

La Liga has the Real-Barca rivalry to sell & have Messi,Ronaldo for Star power.

BL has nothing in that matter. Apart from Robben & RIbery there is barely a handful of HUGE stars to sell viewership in their country. That is the issue.
Mr.S
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby lau03143 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:17 pm

Mr.S wrote:
lau03143 wrote:I still think that people across the world where there are large ex-pat English, Spanish and Italian communities, that there leagues will generally attract the same and probably better TV deals as the BL. No matter what quality is in the league.

Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. There are a 100 more million Indians in every country than these. So will the Indian League beat them??

That's a ridiculous comparison to make as the Indian league is in it's infancy and cricket is the national sport.

If the BL was really an international draw,then the TV rights would reflect that, which it does. It's the 4th most popular league after Spain, Italy and England.

That is reflected in the European efforts of the leagues too. Only Bayern has reached a European final in the last ten years and that was only once. Yet multiple teams from these three countries have.

Even Scotland has had two teams reach the UEFA cup final but German teams haven't.

Outwith Germany and the hardy fans of German football like us, there just isn't the appetite for German football.

And generally over the past 15 years, the strength of the Germany National team betrays the often mediocrity of the BL.

who have come to
Munich as strangers
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Greek Bavarian » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:39 pm

MUTU wrote:The vast majority of income from TV for the Bundesliga comes from Germany. Outside of Germany, the Bundesliga has very few viewers compared to the EPL, Spanish Liga and Serie A. This is demographics which I don't have time to look up but can be found freely.

I totally agree with that.

And don't believe that Serie A is dying, simply Serie a is getting reborn. They will come back stronger because they have very good teams and great history. The only problem of Serie A is that the teams don't have good stadiums like teams in Bundesliga.
And remember that this year the only country with 3 teams in the phase of 16 in CL is Italy.
Greek Bavarian
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tflags » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:57 pm

lau03143 wrote:And generally over the past 15 years, the strength of the Germany National team betrays the often mediocrity of the BL.

A mediocrity that has most of its team far bellow debt as compared to their EPL counterparts and just passed Serie A in UEFA coefficients; allotting itself four CL spots, a feat most of my Italian friends only mute about.

Top of the table, EPL, is a team that by all looks and thoughts I am dying to find out how it will get a European License to contribute points to its Country coefficients starting in 2014. By then the EPL will be represented at the European level by their lower ranking-less spending representatives.

So too for the Spanish Liga. A Liga that is by ALL ACCOUNTS extremely unfair to its own members who have just to stand and put up a show so that the other too (who have earned their OWN MERITS BY FAR) can collect a billion plus in TV revenues. TRUST ME, Barza doesn't want to have only 17 other members just because they want to skip 4 games out of their season or so. It is because they don't want to share all that revenue, and if they are forced to do so (which I don't see how it might be avoided), well; 17 mouths to feed are always less than 19...

As you can see my friend, they always say money talks. The thing is, austere money just keeps on walking.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby lau03143 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:06 pm

tflags wrote:A mediocrity that has most of its team far bellow debt as compared to their EPL counterparts and just passed Serie A in UEFA coefficients; allotting itself four CL spots, a feat most of my Italian friends only mute about.

Top of the table, EPL, is a team that by all looks and thoughts I am dying to find out how it will get a European License to contribute points to its Country coefficients starting in 2014. By then the EPL will be represented at the European level by their lower ranking-less spending representatives.

So too for the Spanish Liga. A Liga that is by ALL ACCOUNTS extremely unfair to its own members who have just to stand and put up a show so that the other too (who have earned their OWN MERITS BY FAR) can collect a billion plus in TV revenues. TRUST ME, Barza doesn't want to have only 17 other members just because they want to skip 4 games out of their season or so. It is because they don't want to share all that revenue, and if they are forced to do so (which I don't see how it might be avoided), well; 17 mouths to feed are always less than 19...

As you can see my friend, they always say money talks. The thing is, austere money just keeps on walking.

I agree with you. The BL model is the way to go for all nations. The BL has went through a big transition over the last ten years, and they are now begining to reap the benefits of that.

But the fact remains... who do the international fans want to watch? And it's still they three leagues.

The financial models of these leagues aren't sustainable, and they need to change, I'm not disputing that point at all. But if you went into any pub in the UK, with satellite or cable TV, you will never find a BL game on, even Bayern. It's only EPL, La Liga or Seria A (but less so).
who have come to
Munich as strangers
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby MUTU » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:15 pm

Well, the Bundesliga has only just broken into the top three leagues. We still have to wait until next season to see four German clubs in the Champions League. It will take the fans a bit longer to switch to watching another league. In time (4-5 years), if the Bundesliga stays ahead of Serie A it would probably overtake it in terms of overseas followers.

But it doesn't mean that Serie A is better in the meantime. Usually what happens is that the cable company shows the top 3 leagues or so. This enabled people to become fans of Italian clubs. And while they are fans they are likely to remain fans. The target for the Bundesliga is with the newcomers to football (eg children). These will be less likely to start supporting a Serie A club in its current state, which in relative terms is very poor.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Mr.S » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:38 pm

lau03143 wrote:
Mr.S wrote:

That's a ridiculous comparison to make as the Indian league is in it's infancy and cricket is the national sport.

If the BL was really an international draw,then the TV rights would reflect that, which it does. It's the 4th most popular league after Spain, Italy and England.

That is reflected in the European efforts of the leagues too. Only Bayern has reached a European final in the last ten years and that was only once. Yet multiple teams from these three countries have.

Even Scotland has had two teams reach the UEFA cup final but German teams haven't.

Outwith Germany and the hardy fans of German football like us, there just isn't the appetite for German football.

And generally over the past 15 years, the strength of the Germany National team betrays the often mediocrity of the BL.

This is absolutely RIDICULOUS. You obviously know nothing. India is a country of a 120 odd Million people & several millions leaving abraod. India has football crazy fans too but with little infrastructure. As a matter of fact the football craze in many parts of India is unparalleled,not even germany you have it, You have 1.20 Lakh seeing a derby match in the stadium & 50 thousand waiting outside a stadium.

Your point was Overseas Nationalists will give viewership. This is pretty crap logic as Italian population or German is nothing considered to the world. Football is a global sport & a league like EPL has national icons from almost every country which brings significant popularity & viewership & not due to the resident Italians.

I wont even compare a dying league named Seria A to the Bundesliga. Seria 5 years ago was still decent. Now & with FFP kicking in Seria A will die in notime. With FFP Ligue 1,Eredivisie & Portugese leagues would overtake Seria A.

Why compare last 10 years??? Why not last 4-5 years?? 10 years is a long time & a stupid comparison. Inter did it sure but now is a dying team & is almost bankrupt. CHL success is not the barometer of a league. The average level of Bundesliga is far & above any other league & i miles. An 18th team of BL can drub a 9-10th team in Seria A 3-0 or 4-0.

Again you make ridiculous comments with the Scotland comment. In leagues like Scottish or such level 1 team should get CHL spot & another qualifying.
I am not sure that is what happens with Eredivise. Now if the CHL comes 3rd he gets demoted to Europa League & if the other loses the qualifier ,you have 2 extra teams . You have 4 teams & they take these competitions seriously.

Since you mentioned Eufa CUp,do you know what Seria A teams do. Roma could not even qualify & got knocked out like Mainz when even Hannover did.Schalke top their group.

Eufa actually ranks league by European success. Champions League & EUFA CUP. THE BL is much MUCH ahead of SERIA A now & almost on par with la Liga. Hence BL snatched the 4th CHL place & Seria A have been demoted to 3 places(1 qualifier out of those). No CHL money for Inter,napoli,juve or someone like that. Haha I want to see how they manage the bankrupt club now.

The strength of German National team ->

2010 WC -> 3rd Place
Euro 2008 -> 2nd place
2006 WC -> 3rd Place
Euro 2004 -> Group Stage Elimination
2002 WC -> 2nd Place
1998 WC -> Quarter Finalists

On top of my head I can remember this. Is this mediocrity??? Dude dont talk BS.
Mr.S
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:46 pm

Mr. S, please be respectful to other users of the forum. There is no need to offend someone just because you disagree with him/her.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion