You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

FC Bayern Finances

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: FC Bayern Finances

Postby armbrust » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:08 am

Awesome

Strong Team + Strong Finances: Proud to be a Bayern Fan.
@armbrustpoker
armbrust
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: FC Bayern Finances

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:47 am

Nerlinger urges UEFA to implement and police over Financial Fair Play...

http://blogs.bettor.com/Nerlinger-urges ... ay-a122462
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Bundesliga TV rights

Postby tflags » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:00 am

DFL is expecting a record-breaking deal for TV Rights.

It is, however, hardy the XXX (was it EUR800 million??) some of our managers were expecting.

Currently collected from the TV contracts the league average of 412 million euros a year, some Bundesliga clubs are already dreaming of a total annual revenue of 500 million €.

That would bring in an additional ~EUR5 mil for a total of ~EUR27.7 in TV rights revenue if the deal stands as expected.

Source: http://www.sport1.de/de/fussball/fussba ... 07091.html
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Bundesliga TV rights

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:27 am

Highly disappointing considering the expectations. They aren't getting even 23% of the expected increase.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Re: 2011/2012 Bundesliga generic discussion thread

Postby dambun » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:07 pm

IT IS AWFUL AND UNACCEPTABLE.... if they can't offer a good deal... maybe it's time to go for another great vision of Uli Hoeness'.... The one he offered a public broadcasring of all BL games in Germany in exchange for a 2Euro increase in the monthly payment of TV customers.... (from 19 Euros to 21 Euros, if my memory serves me right!)

BL clubs need to be able to compete financially... before BL loses most of its stars every summer... the proposes TV deal is just unacceptable...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:15 pm

While it would be good for the Bundesliga, I think that the 2 euro increase is unfair and is the reason why it is not implemented anywhere as far as I am aware. The old lady living alone on her pension who doesn't care about football would have to pay 2 euros which ultimately end up in the pockets of mega-rich players... TV licenses are being removed gradually in countries across the EU and this would be a step in the opposite direction. I'm not sure if Hoeness was even serious when he suggested that.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AvatarX » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:35 pm

MUTU wrote:While it would be good for the Bundesliga, I think that the 2 euro increase is unfair and is the reason why it is not implemented anywhere as far as I am aware. The old lady living alone on her pension who doesn't care about football would have to pay 2 euros which ultimately end up in the pockets of mega-rich players... TV licenses are being removed gradually in countries across the EU and this would be a step in the opposite direction. I'm not sure if Hoeness was even serious when he suggested that.

BTW in Greece we have to pay about 20 euros per month for some public TV channels owned by the government and they almost never show any decent football matches (except 1-2 matches of champions league and Euro + World Cup).

There is (and never was) no plan to remove that TV license ...
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby dambun » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:45 pm

The old lady might not have an interest in football, but whether or not the free-er(!) broadcasting of the football in the society might also benefit her, is up for discussion.... If you look at football as a public-service industry that brings joy to the society and improves the quality of people's lives in general, you could argue it could be a good thing for every TV-holder in Germany to pay that extra 2 Euros per month, which is almost nothing....

I on the contrary think Hoeness was serious about that, because he knew we'll have problems competing with other top leagues otherwise.... After all, he is the man with the vision, you know....
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:52 pm

AvatarX wrote:BTW in Greece we have to pay about 20 euros per month for some public TV channels owned by the government

According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television_licence#Europe you pay EUR 51.60 per year, so it is much less than that. But if you were living in Switzerland you'd be paying EUR 360.65 :lol:

In Europe, part of Belgium, Cyprus, Gibraltar, Hungary, Netherlands and Portugal have removed existing TV licenses. Also, Andorra, Estonia, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco and Spain never had a TV license.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:59 pm

dambun wrote:If you look at football as a public-service industry that brings joy to the society and improves the quality of people's lives in general

This is debatable. One could also argue that football brings arguments, fights, teasing etc. Considering that in a league/cup, only one team wins and the others all lose, it's not so easy to say it brings joy. When you hear reports of people killing each other or themselves over football...

I think the old lady would rather have the peaceful programme shown on TV. But don't take my word for it: go ask one!

At the end of the day, the majority of the population (if you take all age groups and gender) is NOT interested in watching the Bundesliga. As much as I'd like it to be, I don't think it's fair to force it upon them to pay for something they don't want to see. I never agreed with TV licenses, but this is probably even worse than state television...
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby dambun » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:04 pm

MUTU wrote:At the end of the day, the majority of the population (if you take all age groups and gender) is NOT interested in watching the Bundesliga.

Says who???... I seriously doubt that!
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun

National Flag:
Iran

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:13 pm

dambun wrote:
MUTU wrote:At the end of the day, the majority of the population (if you take all age groups and gender) is NOT interested in watching the Bundesliga.

Says who???... I seriously doubt that!

If you see demographics of when matches are on free-to-air as opposed to the whole population, you will have your answer. The vast majority of women aren't interested, and so are a good portion of men. In Malta, at least a third of the guys I know don't watch football, and I can count the females I know who are interested on one hand...

And these are just the people interested in football in general. I am sure there are German residents who are football fans but are not interested in watching the Bundesliga.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:21 pm

Should we open (or move to) an aptly named thread? This is a long and debatable subject. Before we make the jump, I do seriously doubt any carrier will agree to increase A CENT just to justify payment of a bigger price for TV football rights. If anything, the churn created by this +-5% increase in cost will offset the projected revenue increase by far; thus leaving the carrier with possibly more revenue but in the end paying less in licenses claiming they have lost customers due to this measure. Trust me, carriers don't like them ESPN/US$6 per customer channels. Even further; for them in order to avoid any increase in churn, they most probably create a non-football related package option that will not be subject to this price increase.

You do have to understand NOWHERE in the world are ARPUs increasing for ANY TYPE of service; carriers going forward with triple-play options at standard fixed or lowering rates that in turn help them reduce even the cost of printing and delivering a piece of paper (that would be the invoice.) So no, I don't think Uli had the whole picture in mind but rather was trying, completely IMO, to justify them carriers bringing and justifying a higher bid.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Re: Bundesliga TV rights

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:35 pm

tflags wrote:Should we open (or move to) an aptly named thread?

Good idea, done.

+-5% increase in cost

Actually, in Germany they pay €215.76 per annum, so Hoeness' €2 a month would mean an 11.1% increase.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Re: Bundesliga TV rights

Postby lau03143 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:03 pm

Hopefully, International TV rights won't be affected and they will still be shown on ESPN and Bet365 in the UK!

Infact Bet365 coverage is actually incredible, they show all the BL and BL2 games, plus many friendlies (I was watching the Rot-Weiss Erfurt game on sunday there).
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion