You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

EVERYONE: Fox Bundesliga Coverage Campaign

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

EVERYONE: Fox Bundesliga Coverage Campaign

Postby Lotharis1 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:24 pm

EVERYONE: If you're concerned about the upcoming Fox Bundesliga coverage, to which there has been little press about. I have put together a letter for a grassroots public interest campaign to contact Fox.

If everyone could copy this letter, and make it your own with a slight adjustment, so they know it's not computer generated, and submit it both in digital format through their online feedback page, and submit physical letters to their corporate offices, it might start the gears working to release more information about their intent. It also might show them there is a larger and more devout market than they anticipated, perhaps raising their perspective on what they had intended.

This has worked before, I was part of one 20 years ago started by Seth MacFarlane that helped get 'The Family Guy' back on the air, after it was taken off (through the email loismustdie@yahoo.com). We continually emailed executives, for address he provided, and it kept on growing, until ABC actually started showing it. Then with the ABC coverage, and more letters to Fox 'The Family Guy' has turned into one of their biggest programs.

Let's see what it can do for getting Bundesliga/Bayern games on the air as well.

Please Copy and Submit this letter to them, and share it with every one of your members, every Bayern page you're on, and any other Bundesliga supporters you're aware of;

"Fox Sports Programming and Public Media Department,

I am writing to you as the leader of a supporters group for a German soccer team, Bayern Munich, the 25 time Bundesliga Champion, 5 time European Champion, and 3 time World Champion, that actually has more supporters groups across the United States than any other soccer club.

We are excited that you have decided to pick up the television rights for the Bundesliga. For a soccer fan, it seems like a no-brainer to pick up the rights to the 2nd/3rd ranked league in the world, home of the reigning World Cup champions, which perennially has the highest average attendance and highest goals per game average.

However, many of us have had to work to find access to GolTV or an alternative source for coverage over the last several years. We are all concerned with how that programming will take place on Fox, since there hasn't been much communicated publicly about it.

Many of us go out of our way to get specific subscriptions to television carriers and packages based on who is showing matches and where, and what it takes to be able to guarantee the ability to see them all. It can be quite expensive to get, and even more expensive to have to switch when things change. We also plan gatherings in public establishments, and would need to know that they're going to be able to show the game before deciding to set up arrangements with them.

We would like to know more about how you're going to show the Bundesliga coverage, so we can begin planning out television packages and locations for gatherings moving forward.

Can you please release some more information on your intention to show Bundesliga matches on Fox?

Sincerely,
One of the numerous concerned fans of the Bundesliga"

Here is the Corporate Mailing Address;

Fox Sports Corporate Headquarters Office HQ:
10201 W. Pico, Bld. 103,
Los Angeles, CA 90035

Here is the online feedback page;

http://foxsports.custhelp.com/app/ask

Just fill it out in the comments field and submit it with your email address.

Select any category combination you want. I chose "Television" and "Fox Soccer Channel". You may find another option more preferable. When you're done you will get a response of;

"Your Question has been Submitted

Thanks for submitting your question. Use this reference number for follow up: #150615-000043"

It won't hurt to share all the follow up numbers in the comments so we can see that they're adding up.

If we can overload them with support, it could help make a difference.

I will update if I hear more, or can locate better destinations to send these letters to.
ImageFC Bayern - Pack MASS www.facebook.com/FCBayernPackMASS Image
Lotharis1
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Re: EVERYONE: Fox Bundesliga Coverage Campaign

Postby Lotharis1 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:25 pm

It also wouldn't hurt to harass the twitter accounts of the Fox Soccer personalities.

Several of them have played in Germany (Wynalda, McBride, Reyna, Donovan, etc.), and it is known that Lalas does respond to tweets.

I don't have their account info, but it shouldn't be hard to find.
Lotharis1
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby nm462272 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:52 pm

Fingers crossed for the Bundesliga on Fox, but I suspect they will let us down as they have countless times in the past. I just hope they realize that it's them vs. online streaming, and it's very easy to watch the streams online.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Lotharis1 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:12 pm

That's why we gotta try to change it, by showing up in full force.
Lotharis1
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby RAJBAYERN » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:53 am

In latinamerica, I enjoy in the past watching bundesliga on Goltv and then in ESPN, sadly Fox Sports bought the rights now , so I hope they will give bayern the respect they deserved by showing in live all their games, without giving priority to others soccer teams.....
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby tflags » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:59 am

RAJBAYERN wrote:In latinamerica, I enjoy in the past watching bundesliga on Goltv and then in ESPN, sadly Fox Sports bought the rights now , so I hope they will give bayern the respect they deserved by showing in live all their games, without giving priority to others soccer teams.....

GolTV wasn't carried in all markets like ESPN and now Fox are. The Bundesliga is the highlight of their recently introduced Fox 3 and Fox Play channels. What I would be worried about is what to do with ESPN 3 tbh. They sold the main games to DirecTV in some markets and now lost the Bundesliga as a whole. Whatever the case may be, direct to the customer providers like DirecTV will probably re-purchase those rights again making the Bundesliga quite possibly a well covered tournament.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Lotharis1 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:04 pm

tflags wrote:
RAJBAYERN wrote:In latinamerica, I enjoy in the past watching bundesliga on Goltv and then in ESPN, sadly Fox Sports bought the rights now , so I hope they will give bayern the respect they deserved by showing in live all their games, without giving priority to others soccer teams.....

GolTV wasn't carried in all markets like ESPN and now Fox are. The Bundesliga is the highlight of their recently introduced Fox 3 and Fox Play channels. What I would be worried about is what to do with ESPN 3 tbh. They sold the main games to DirecTV in some markets and now lost the Bundesliga as a whole. Whatever the case may be, direct to the customer providers like DirecTV will probably re-purchase those rights again making the Bundesliga quite possibly a well covered tournament.

I don't know if you're referring to Latin America only or not...

But, here is one of the concerns;

That Fox will relegate most of the Bundesliga coverage to FS2 & FSP, and expect most people will use Fox Sports Go or Fox Soccer 2 Go to stream the games.

Comcast (which represents 22 M homes in the US, most among carriers) doesn't have FS2 or FSP in their main package. I believe they allow you to stream Fox Soccer 2 Go, but not ESPN3 (but I could be wrong on that). In order to get FS2 or FSP you have to pay for one of their expensive subscriptions or add a specific sports package.

DirecTV (which represents 21M homes in the US, 2nd most among carriers) doesn't allow you to stream Fox Sports Go, Fox Soccer 2 Go, ESPN3 (or any other mobile app outside of their own). They also do not offer FSP as part of their main package, and in order to get FS2 you have to subscribe to one of their most expensive plans or to get a specific sports package that offers it.

DishNetwork (which represents 13.8 M homes in the US, 3rd most among carriers) doesn't allow you to stream Fox Sports Go, Fox Soccer 2 Go or ESPN3. They do not offer FS2 or FSP as part of their main package, and in order to get either, you either have to pay for their most expensive package, or pay for a specific sports package.

Verizon (which represents 5 M homes in the US, the 5/6th most among carriers) doesn't allow you to stream Fox Soccer 2 Go or ESPN3, because of conflicts in negotiations between the companies. They do not offer FS2 or FSP as part of their main package, and in order to get either, you either have to pay for their most expensive package, or pay for a specific sports package.

That's over 60M paying locations in America that may/may not be able to see the Bundesliga.

As a result, if you're a home viewer, you're going to get charged more per month to watch the Bundesliga, or you'll have to purchase your own specific Fox Soccer 2 Go package. That may be what they want out of you to make big money off of having the Bundesliga rights.

If you watch at a bar, it may cost the bar extra money to get the package, and they may/may not want to pay the extra cost for that package.

To stop this from occurring, we need to show them as big an audience as we can, to try and get them to move as many games to Fox and FS1 as possible.
Lotharis1
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby S4k4zulu » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:03 am

^^ my main problem right now is FS2 IS NOT IN HD....the picture quality just plain sucks...hopefully they use FS1 too for bundesliga games.

Btw this is with Verizon fios....

Sent from my grandmama's basement
S4k4zulu
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby RAJBAYERN » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:32 am

tflags wrote:

GolTV broadcast Bundesliga when ESPN and Fox didn’t want. They were delighted transmitting English, Italian and Spanish league instead of Bundesliga, and when DirecTV got the rights of premier and Spanish league, is when ESPN and Fox started to consider Bundesliga and French league.

So the case here is not about how many market had GolTV in the past, it is about that GolTV was the channel in Latinamerica that started to give protagonism of bundesliga in this region.

Of course ESPN and Fox are better channels to transmit the league, but the issue here is if Fox will broadcast bundesliga as good as ESPN and GolTV did in past seasons. Hope they will.

I have all the FOX channels: Fox, Fox 2 and Fox 3, and Fox Play so I am ready….

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby tflags » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:55 am

GolTV got the rights to the Bundesliga years ago only because of its affordability and potential re-sale value. They are one of the most expensive channels to carry and got dropped of the U.S. market extensively due to lack of content (they used to advertise sex augmentation potions up to their start of programming which used to be Bayern games on weekends in the US). It is a shitty channel with detrimental programming, no included streaming options and their announcers and coverage of the Bundesliga was downright crap. That stupid Peruvian on their Spanish feed used to discuss food from the 44" onwards!

Then you had to pray the gods U-verse was available in your hood to get an HD option, the carriers that had it limited them to their Spanish packages and ESPN's Bundesliga highlights was a godsend compared to that f@cking Halo Bundesliga crap from GolTV. And this is just for the U.S.

In latinamerica ESPN swept the rights for most markets and you got Bundesliga games in HD, on you basic package and streaming via ESPN play. things got sweeter when Directv repurchased those rights so you had two main games on one channel and two lesser games in HD via ESPN.

With Fox you'll get Fox 3 channel with the Bundesliga as the main course and their HD feed is already carried in most markets and ready for August.

You talk about GolTV premiering the Bundesliga in this region? Sky invented the Bundesliga you dope. Their commitment to the German league is unparalleled. That piece of shit channel GolTV ought to be dropped years ago and I am glad their only hit content is running out this year finally.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby nm462272 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:12 pm

Yes, GolTV was god awful. The announcing, the quality, everything. I'm hoping that Fox doesn't f*** up the Bundesliga coverage (listen to the public, Fox - copy exactly what NBC has done with the Premier League!), but honestly I don't have faith that they'll do it the right way.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ottackon » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:00 pm

The 2015-16 Bundesliga season will be the first of a five-year deal to show the top flight German league on US television. The new rights holder, FOX Sports, hasn’t released any details yet regarding its coverage plans, but World Soccer Talk recently sat down with DFL Sports Enterprises Managing Director Jörg Daubitzer to discuss how the Bundesliga will help FOX, as well as what soccer fans can look forward to.

Read more at http://worldsoccertalk.com/2015/03/25/b ... MKQJp2y.99
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby RAJBAYERN » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:09 pm

Again, as I wrote, GolTV is not better than Fox and ESPN, but they broadcast bundesliga in those years when the league wasn't popular in America, and channels like Fox and ESPN didn't want to transmit this league.

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby nm462272 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:48 pm

Lotharis - did you ever hear anything back from Fox about this? I'm becoming more concerned, as we're only a month and half away from the Bundesliga season starting, and there's been no announcements at all about their coverage, and zero marketing. What a mistake it was for the BL to give rights to Fox...

nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby rthebest » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:36 am

Fox is the official Bundesliga broadcaster in north America's but here in Canada we don't even have FOX sport.
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Next

Return to General Bayern Discussion