You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

EVERYONE: Fox Bundesliga Coverage Campaign

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: EVERYONE: Fox Bundesliga Coverage Campaign

Postby bigdrop » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:14 am

FoxSports 2 and Fox Soccer Plus are not available on the 22 million subscriber Comcast. They are available on Verizon but neither is in HD. Fox Soccer 2 Go does not have HD quality for its broadcasts (it is NOT similar in quality to ESPN 3 which is excellent).

As I type this I have a replay of PSG vs Fiorentina on my television on Fox Soccer Plus. The quality is awful. Whether it is $100 a year or $15 a month I really don't think I am going to continue to purchase it. It's no better than what I can find on the internet which is free.

A real shame that the BL-and Bayern-do not understand that if they are going to grow in the U. S. they have to be available and, when available, offer a quality picture.
bigdrop
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Grusgrus » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:18 am

sherpthederp wrote:
Pittbay wrote:Quick question to anyone with FS2G: I assume that the entire $99.99 yearly pass fee is charged to your payment method immediately upon subscription; is this correct, or is it charged later/in smaller payments?

It's a one time payment.

It is charged immediately upon subscription. One sum, right away.

I now have it.
REKORDMEISTER 2015
Grusgrus
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Reinhart » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:19 am

bigdrop wrote:Fox Soccer 2 Go does not have HD quality for its broadcasts (it is NOT similar in quality to ESPN 3 which is excellent).

You mean $100 a year or $15 a month for footage that's not in HD? I'm surprised people even bother. Honestly, FS2G should be free to Fox Sports subscribers and it should all be in HD. That's what NBC has done with their coverage of the EPL so I don't understand why Fox couldn't except they're greedy SOBs.
Reinhart
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby nm462272 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:51 pm

So I've purchased FoxSoccer2Go for $100 for the season. I've heard that the quality was pretty poor, but it doesn't seem that bad (watching AC Milan vs. Inter). Question for those of you who have used it before: there will be a recurring charge on my card, once per year, of $100. If I cancel now, will I still get to use the service for the year without the risk of recurring charge next July? Or will they cancel it immediately and refund my purchase? I just want to avoid the recurring charge, because I know I'll forget about it.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby pyrasur » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:56 pm

nm462272 wrote:So I've purchased FoxSoccer2Go for $100 for the season. I've heard that the quality was pretty poor, but it doesn't seem that bad (watching AC Milan vs. Inter). Question for those of you who have used it before: there will be a recurring charge on my card, once per year, of $100. If I cancel now, will I still get to use the service for the year without the risk of recurring charge next July? Or will they cancel it immediately and refund my purchase? I just want to avoid the recurring charge, because I know I'll forget about it.

I just want you to know, when I purchase it, it's because you told me "it doesn't seem that bad". Just so you feel guilt every time I complain about it! :mrgreen:

Spoiler: show
I want to start complaining because it looks like fun.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby nonstoprammstein » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:01 pm

For those with ATT Uverse, here is how I was able to justify paying for Fox Soccer Plus. I called to complain about the high cost of cable and threatened to cut the cable cord. They offered 3 months free of movie channels and fox soccer plus. I told them that the offer is not good enough because I would be in the same situation in three months. The representative transferred me to the retention department. This offer was much better. A reduction in my cable bill of $24 a month, an increase in my internet speed at no extra charge and a reduction in my landline of $8 a month for 12 months-will have to make another call in a year to ask for continuing reductions.

Its worth calling other cable companies as well to see if they are willing to reduce your bills.
nonstoprammstein
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby rthebest » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:32 am

hrosenberg33 wrote:
ottackon wrote:
hrosenberg33 wrote:
I am starting to panic a little about this. I had GolTV for the last 3 years and the coverage was terrible but at least there were 5 games per weekend, all the Bayern games and didn't have to deal with streaming. Now with FOX Sports, it's not even available in Canada unless something changes. Any options out there for us Canucks (prefer non-streaming as I always found the quality poor, inconsistent and I can't PVR the games). Thanks!

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Thanks! Just saw this too. It's going to be 18-20 dollars a month but well worth it to get to see 4-5 matches a week (and of course all of Bayern's games in HD).

If I was a Rogers customer I would get all the streams as well, but being a Bell customer you don't get access to their app.

Either way, ~200$ a year to get to see my favourite team will work for me (as a bonus now I will get all the CL games and all the EPL games too).

Matches mostly will be on Sportsnet world. Also every match is streamed by sportsnet World now.
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby Grusgrus » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:07 pm

nm462272 wrote:So I've purchased FoxSoccer2Go for $100 for the season. I've heard that the quality was pretty poor, but it doesn't seem that bad (watching AC Milan vs. Inter). Question for those of you who have used it before: there will be a recurring charge on my card, once per year, of $100. If I cancel now, will I still get to use the service for the year without the risk of recurring charge next July? Or will they cancel it immediately and refund my purchase? I just want to avoid the recurring charge, because I know I'll forget about it.

I have used FS2Go in the past for CL matches. If you cancel your subscription, you will still have access until the end of your month or year subscription date expires. You paid for it, it just won't repeat at the time the month or year expires.
So, it seems you can avoid the recurring charge cancelling it. :)

I purchased it recently (~10 days ago)... and the streaming looks good. It sometimes goes to a lower definition and then comes back to continue to a good definition.

So "it doesn't seem that bad." 8)

I have always streamed my BL matches. I don't have a TV and stream through my cpu. It was through Fubo TV that carried GolTV in the past. Klowd TV too. So this whole FOX TV debacle really hasn't affected me directly bc I was going to stream anyways.
However, they need not treat the BL like some trash league... AND I need to know that my bars I go to can get the damned BL and FCB matches. :x
REKORDMEISTER 2015
Grusgrus
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby nm462272 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:13 pm

Thanks Grusgrus. I did buy FS2G and have been watching a few games. The quality isn't as bad as some people claimed, so I suppose it won't be terrible. If we figure we'll get 10 months of football, that's about $10/month for all Bundesliga and CL games, plus more... not terrible, money-wise. I guess my biggest complaint so far has been the lack of exposure for non-BL fans, but who knows... maybe in time they'll show more games on FS1... we'll see.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Grusgrus » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:40 pm

nm462272 wrote:Thanks Grusgrus. I did buy FS2G and have been watching a few games. The quality isn't as bad as some people claimed, so I suppose it won't be terrible. If we figure we'll get 10 months of football, that's about $10/month for all Bundesliga and CL games, plus more... not terrible, money-wise. I guess my biggest complaint so far has been the lack of exposure for non-BL fans, but who knows... maybe in time they'll show more games on FS1... we'll see.

I am with you. Just because I was going to stream regardless of the situation certainly does not mean fans should be forced to do so.

Fox has been incredibly disappointing with what low-tier and hard-to-find channels it is relegating the BL to, currently.

If you or other fans are involved with Twitter, there is a little facebook-born campaign with the following hashtag #FreeTheBundesliga
Look it up, lend a hand. It at least prompted FOX to divulge the damned scheduling. Prompted FOX to respond a little. Hopefully we can keep the pressure on FOXSports and FoxSoccer though emails, social media, etc.

#FreeTheBundesliga
REKORDMEISTER 2015
Grusgrus
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby nm462272 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:08 pm

Big picture - how absurd is it that we have to fight for the league that Fox bought the rights to? It's like bizarro-world.

nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby RodePiet » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:36 am

"Re: Viewing FC Bayern (TV/Internet)

Postby pyrasur » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:54 pm
Just so we are clear, you are asking if fox is buying all North American rights to broadcast the bundesliga, even though it does not distribute to Canada?

If so, you all should have joined us in 1812 when you had the chance 8)

If not I'm confused is this a trick question? :-k"

AH Sweet, sweet Karma....looks like we'll have better coverage up here in CANADA than you dudes down south.....

So so sorry pyrasur 8)
RodePiet
Getting the hang of it

Postby pyrasur » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:03 am

Touché sir . Still hoping things turn out well for Bundesliga fans in the U.S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby RodePiet » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:19 am

[quote="pyrasur"]Touché sir . Still hoping things turn out well for Bundesliga fans in the U.S.

Quite right!...all the best for Bayern fans everywhere!
RodePiet
Getting the hang of it

Postby SBash22 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:45 am

SBash22
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion