You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

EVERYONE: Fox Bundesliga Coverage Campaign

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: EVERYONE: Fox Bundesliga Coverage Campaign

Postby nm462272 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:16 pm

ottackon wrote:On the comments section, someone mentioned that specific information about Bundesliga can't be released by Fox until August 1st when GolTv's contract officially runs out.

That makes sense... I hope they at least show some games on TV (AKA all Bayern matches in HD, plz :) )
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ottackon » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:23 pm

Another guy who pretends to be working in TV listings posted this :
You guys need to relax. I’ve seen FOX’s schedule for the Bundesliga games. Plenty of games are going to be shown on FS1, FS2 and even the regional networks. No different than their coverage of UEFA CL games.
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby pyrasur » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:37 pm

Say hypothetically it was available only via stream, could you watch the Bundesliga on a television if you used something like chromecast or roku? I would be concerned if the Bundesliga wasn't on television (for brand growing purposes), but then again I feel that fewer young people use TV service providers to access television content anyway.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Reinhart » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:46 am

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2015/07/22/fox-will-show-bundesliga-games-on-fox-sports-2-fox-soccer-plus-fox-soccer-2go/

It looks like the management at the DFL did a terrible job negotiating with Fox Sports for coverage of the Bundesliga. I don't have cable and yet I can watch live EPL games on NBC for free with an HD antenna.
Reinhart
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby RAJBAYERN » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:41 am

Fox Sports Latinamerica has confirm many times that will broadcast bundesliga, also the supercup.

Your situation in USA seems rare...
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby nm462272 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:00 pm

http://bloguin.com/32flags/fifa/fox-spo ... cheme.html

Infuriating... well I guess it's another year or two of illegal streams for me :evil:
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby pyrasur » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:15 pm

This is starting to become something of a headache. I may be doing the same... Honestly I'm willing to pay to stream to my tablet, and hook my tablet to my TV thru an HDMI cable. That's what I did when I had Fubo. But I hear FS2G is really not great.

Maybe if I could have a trial period to test it out, but I'm not going to spend $100 on some crap service.
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ltramsey09 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:44 pm

In the US...

You can pay for Fox Soccer 2Go for $99.99 per year. This comes out to $8.33 a month for every single Bundesliga match every matchday with replays. It also includes all Champions League matches with replays. I would say that is a heck of a deal. Once we (Bundesliga watchers) prove that the product we watch is valuable to Fox Sports, they will start giving it more air-time on FS1.

SO if you have and Apple device and an Apple TV, you could play it via the app and stream it via AirPlay to the TV. Basically the same as having the channels, which in most cases are premium packages via cable companies costing $15 to $20 per month.

Do the math...streaming isn't a bad option either.
ltramsey09
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby TheCoolest17 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:07 pm

What about us Canadian guys (I haven't taken the time to read through the entire thread)?
TheCoolest17
First post

Postby sherpthederp » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:53 pm

ltramsey09 wrote:In the US...

You can pay for Fox Soccer 2Go for $99.99 per year. This comes out to $8.33 a month for every single Bundesliga match every matchday with replays. It also includes all Champions League matches with replays. I would say that is a heck of a deal. Once we (Bundesliga watchers) prove that the product we watch is valuable to Fox Sports, they will start giving it more air-time on FS1.

SO if you have and Apple device and an Apple TV, you could play it via the app and stream it via AirPlay to the TV. Basically the same as having the channels, which in most cases are premium packages via cable companies costing $15 to $20 per month.

I'm actually really excited for this, I use FoxSoccer2Go for CL matches already anyways and Id rather only pay 100 a year for this than pay the same for cable every month.
sherpthederp
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Pittbay » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:17 pm

nm462272 wrote:http://bloguin.com/32flags/fifa/fox-sports-erases-summer-of-goodwill-with-bundesliga-coverage-scheme.html

Infuriating... well I guess it's another year or two of illegal streams for me :evil:

I'm with you. At least last year I could use multiple email addresses to get multiple free trials with Fubotv and Klowdtv :lol:

But those don't cover Fox. Really disappointing to have to pay for streaming or hope for one or two non-HD games per month on the joke that is FS2.
Pittbay
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby pyrasur » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:55 pm

Pittbay wrote:
nm462272 wrote:http://bloguin.com/32flags/fifa/fox-sports-erases-summer-of-goodwill-with-bundesliga-coverage-scheme.html

I'm with you. At least last year I could use multiple email addresses to get multiple free trials with Fubotv and Klowdtv :lol:

But those don't cover Fox. Really disappointing to have to pay for streaming or hope for one or two non-HD games per month on the joke that is FS2.

HA! You are the reason they don't give out free trials!
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby pyrasur » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:00 pm

ltramsey09 wrote:In the US...

Yeah I'm completely willing to pay it, IF it's not crap. $8.33 is comparable to what I paid for fubo... I wish ONE of the roku/chromecast things carried FS2G, seeing as I don't use Apple. I just hope like an Alexi Lalas-type person who doesn't know jack about German football that starts commentating.

Fox REALLY needs to clarify what their plan is.
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ltramsey09 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:13 pm

pyrasur wrote:Yeah I'm completely willing to pay it, IF it's not shit. I wish ONE of the roku/chromecast things carried FS2G, seeing as I don't use Apple...

If you have a Google Chrome you can just beam it to the TV via the Chromecast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ltramsey09
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby beisenhauer » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:35 am

There's been an awful lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth over Fox's supposed BL plans, which so far as I can tell is based on nothing more reliable than "leaked documents" obtained by worldsoccertalk.com. I'm as nervous as anyone else given the lack of any announcements from Fox, but I'll wait for something more official before I get disappointed.

Admittedly, I'm one of the lucky few that gets FS2 in HD, so I'm good there.
beisenhauer
Hey, I'm new here!

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion