You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Domestic Title vs Champions League Title

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Domestic Title vs Champions League Title

Bundesliga Title
12%
Champions League trophy
88%

Total votes : 17

Re: Domestic Title vs Champions League Title

Postby Bazi » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:14 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
Bazi wrote:
MUTU wrote:I love the Champions League so much that if we finish 15th in the Bundesliga but win the CL that same season, I'd call it a great season :)

No. That would mean no CL football next season but I agree with the general sentiment.

I can live with finishing third or fourth in case of a CL victory.

If you win the UCL you automatically qualify....

I forgot. Then Mutu is obviously right. :mrgreen:
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby sch0ll7 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:08 pm

I hope some of you are kidding...

There is no bigger joy for a fan than seeing their team winning CL and lifting that trophy.

Dont get me wrong...I love us wining BL and getting the shield but it cant compare to all the glory of wining the CL.

If someone offered me one more CL title in next 3 years and no BL titles in same period...I would gladly take that option.

We have 23 BL titles...almost 3x more than the next team in Germany. Everyone in the world knows we are the best team in Germany and will always be.

CL is something different.

Knocking RM or Barca out of the CL in some close encouter is better than wining 10 games in a row in the BL.

It is like saying WC qualification is much more important than wining the WORLD CUP because best national team tops the group after 2 years of competing in qualifications...while WORLD CUP is just a cup competition and saying that not always best team wins.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:26 pm

I am confused by why some people care so much about the BuLi title? Bayern are always expected to win the BuLi and are by far the best team in Germany, the CL on the other hand is a whole new ball game. I would rather watch Bayern lift a trophy for thrashing the greatest teams in Europe than beating the likes of Monchengladbach and Hertha Berlin. Also CL football is why the likes of Martinez, Robben, Ribery, and many other stars come to Bayern....

Would you call it a successful season if Bayern were to win the BuLi but knocked out if the CL in the group stages or if Bayern finished 6th in the BuLi but won the CL?

Edit:By the way can any admins get a poll going on for this thread?
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby sch0ll7 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:59 pm

poll added :)
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:05 pm

Let end this all...

We can't get enough... !
:D
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:29 am

Since this is Pep's first season implementing his philosophy their is a chance that asking for the treble again is to much. So im going to open up this topic again to see what would be considered a successful season, one where Pep retains Domestic titles or the Champions League trophy?

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:27 pm

For me: UEFA Super Cup + Club World Cup + Bundesliga title + at least semi finals in the other competitions.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Robb3449 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:08 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Since this is Pep's first season implementing his philosophy their is a chance that asking for the treble again is to much. So im going to open up this topic again to see what would be considered a successful season, one where Pep retains Domestic titles or the Champions League trophy?

For Pep, I think winning the domestic double and making a nice run to the QF's or SF's in the CL would be considered a successful first season (though the German media may think otherwise). I think Bayern can absolutely win the treble again but have to agree that it might be a tall a task in Pep's first year. Shift in philosophies coupled with the fact that several teams significantly improved (RM, Juve, PSG, Man City, Chelsea) makes the CL a bit trickier this year.

Of course, last year Bayern didn't look like the best team in Europe during the group stages. It wasn't till after the winter break and that Pokal win vs. BVB that things started to click. If Bayern can get through the group stage and the first knockout phase (which they should) maybe Pep's vision is fully realized by the players and then LOOK OUT!
Reggie Jackson (of the 1977 NY Yankees) when asked, "What's the biggest thing you've noticed (about the team) since being injured?" " The magnitude of ME!"
Robb3449
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby AssemFCB » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:49 pm

Winning the CL is what separates the greats from the legends. While the likes of Augenthaler, Dieter Hoeness and Pfaff are always held in high regard, no one dares compare them with Beckenbauer, Maier, Roth and Muller because they never won the European Cup once, let alone thrice, let alone in a row. Similarly, in a decade or two, we will all look back at the current squad more fondly than will at Ballack, Ze Roberto, Makaay and Lucio simply because they were the undisputed best. Bayern has had 23 great sides, but only 5 (or 3) legendary ones, and those are the ones that matter most.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:14 pm

AssemFCB wrote:Winning the CL is what separates the greats from the legends. While the likes of Augenthaler, Dieter Hoeness and Pfaff are always held in high regard, no one dares compare them with Beckenbauer, Maier, Roth and Muller because they never won the European Cup once, let alone thrice, let alone in a row. Similarly, in a decade or two, we will all look back at the current squad more fondly than will at Ballack, Ze Roberto, Makaay and Lucio simply because they were the undisputed best. Bayern has had 23 great sides, but only 5 (or 3) legendary ones, and those are the ones that matter most.

That was so beautiful!:cry:BuLi titles will never get Bayern or its players to legendary status thats why ive always considered it a very important trophy, especially since this squad is way to talented and Bayern is too big to settle for domestic titles. In my opinion the likes of Schweinstiger, Lahm, Ribery, and Robben will go down Bayern folklore just as you described Makaay and Ballack. Especially Schweinstiger and Lahm since they have only known one club and thats Bayern Munich. Im not going to speak of players like Muller, Kroos, and Alaba because they still have a lot of years left till they are considered legends but im sure they are not to far off.

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Previous

Return to General Bayern Discussion