You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Do you miss Olympiastadion?

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: Do you miss Olympiastadion?

Postby AssemFCB » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:57 am

quaazi wrote:Because it is about four metric **** bigger than White Hart Lane.

But still, different atmosphere to get used to, they may not sell it out, too much of a hassle.
P.S. Two days without posting? I was worried you had gotten kidnapped!
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby quaazi » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:05 pm

Just moved to a different city is all.

Anyway, I don't think their management cares. Financially speaking, it's not going to do them harm apart from buying the stadium in the first place (which could be done for peanuts, I mean, who else would buy it?). Then the fans that care about being that close to the team would buy tickets anyway regardless of a running track.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby AssemFCB » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:47 pm

quaazi wrote:Just moved to a different city is all.

Anyway, I don't think their management cares. Financially speaking, it's not going to do them harm apart from buying the stadium in the first place (which could be done for peanuts, I mean, who else would buy it?). Then the fans that care about being that close to the team would buy tickets anyway regardless of a running track.

Something seems to be stopping them, I don't remember what, but there was a huge case a year ago. Chelsea are also looking for a new stadium, they wanted to tear down the iconic Battersea Station to build it.
Back on topic, I think that the Allianz represents a new era, notice how its beginning coincided with the beginning o the end for remnants of the 1999-2001 team.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby quaazi » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:51 pm

Chelski will simply build a new one - it won't even be a FFP expense. There were some rumours about West Ham wanting the Olympic stadium too, but I haven't followed that story a lot.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby BayernLove » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:01 pm

Pardon my complete lack of education but how the hell do you want a stadium in Munich?
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Bazi » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:15 pm

To get back on topic I visited the Olympiastadion quite frequently when I studied at the technical university in Munich. There were enough of these windy (it was basically a badly drawing pit hole), rainy (no roof in the Südkurve...) and cold (near the Alps+no wind protection+no roof) Saturday afternoon matches that resulted in a serious cold the next day. It was a freakin nightmare. Not to mention the horrible public transportation when the games were over. Talk about getting out of the U-Bahn after a game.
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby mahoni » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:21 am

I was there to whatch the CL Final on may 19th public viewing. There where over 60.000 BayernFans - everything was red and just an unbelievable atmosthere. I don´t know how often I had to whatch at the Haupttribühne with som 35.000 all in red - I couldn´t close my mouth anymore :o
I have some other great memorys to from matches in the Olympiastadion in the late 90s and early 20s. I wasn´t that often there but when I was the atmosphere was great (and once 1997 against 1860, Bayern draw in the last minutes with Jancker 3:3 the atmosphere was just undiscrebable - half the stadium red, ther other half blue ... there was no importance about wining the Bundesliga or something else - the only thing was to be the King of the city ... just great). It was quiet cold and windy to but I always had this feeling of a "open stadium" "openmindet" and that´s what I really loved about it. There are lots of BayernFans they say that they want back the "freedom" like it was in the Olympiastadium with much more standing places.
mahoni
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Lancashire » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:19 pm

quaazi wrote:Chelski will simply build a new one - it won't even be a FFP expense. There were some rumours about West Ham wanting the Olympic stadium too, but I haven't followed that story a lot.

West Ham United were awarded the stadium about a year ago but after Tottenham Hotspur complained about the process not be fair and biased the decision was reversed. It has now been decided that the British Olympic Committee that they will hold onto the stadium but rent the stadium out with West Ham being the preferred bidder. No outcome has yet been decided because Leyton Orient a 3rd Division club are the closest team to the Stadium and they are saying that it goes against Football League regulations to allow a team to move into another teams catchment area.

Tottenham dont want the stadium as it currently looks, they want to demolish the stadium and build a brand new one on the same site a stadium that would not have a running track. They had promised to fund a purpose built athletics stadium somewhere in London but the B.O.C dont like this as they determined to keep the Olympic stadium as part of their "Legacy" of the games.
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
Lancashire
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United Kingdom
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Previous

Return to General Bayern Discussion