You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Chockers, (lack of) winning mentality and future captain

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: Chockers, (lack of) winning mentality and future captain

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:49 am

Yea I know but I prefer the Ballack/Van Bommel kind of captain.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby RAGHU » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:04 am

for bayern i would like to see Alaba stepping up as captain 3 or 4 seasons later but neuer would be my choice from the next season
RAGHU
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:52 am

I don't see Lahm's captaincy removed anytime soon. Schweini could also be a good captain but he needs to be more consistent. I think our future captain should be Emre Can. From the little I watched of him in Germany u17s he was like a beast and with the 'Get the f**k out of my way* kind of attitude. I am putting too much faith in this guy and have high expectations of him that probably I will be disappointed. :P
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby sch0ll7 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:24 pm

Come on...why is there any debate of Captaincy here?

Lahm and Schweini are great leaders...on and off the field. Lahm leads with his performances on the field...he brings top class performances every game for the last 5 years! He is the one who is rushing forward and trying everything to score/pass. He is the best full back in the world...and he is the only one who can deliver world class performances on either flank!

Schweini is one of the most experienced players in the NT [and he is still young]. He has a winning mentality!

I agree that German NT is young and that is why they havent kicked Italy out.

When you have Badstuber, Hummels and Boateng [all 23 years old] in back 4...than you know your defense is not experienced enough for winning the world cup or european cup.

There were a lot of youngsters who played a lot of minutes in this EURO [and they never before played in such tournament]...Reus, Schurrle, Hummels, Bender etc...

Low made a mistake by rotating too much...there was no need to rotate when you have 2 days more to rest than Italy [who played 120 minutes before that game]. He should have used at most 14-15 players so they could build on their understanding and try to get better with every game they play.

All in all there is no point discussing about that game anymore...this team will have another 3 tournaments in them and hopefully they win one of them.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:49 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:He is the best full back in the world...and he is the only one who can deliver world class performances on either flank!

He is, but a captain needs to increase his teammates confidence and make them play better when things aren't going well. Schweini is, I think, more suited to that role, but who is going to get confidence from a player who goes to the other side of the pitch and doesn't look during one of the most important penalty kicks in Bayern's history. In my opinion he should have stepped up and taken it himself, but maybe that was the coach's decision. He certainly shouldn't have acted that way though.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Mazen96 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:27 pm

I think the answer to the winning mentality problem is very simple: German clubs have not been European contenders since the late 90s. Sure we're seeing a revival lately but I don't see this generation doing anything unless they experience club success first, just look at the Spain team, most players have won either the CL or the EL. It's not this particular generation that is weak mentally, they just need to perform at club level first. Granted the Italy team didn't have CL winners ( Apart from Pirlo and Balotelli) on the team, but they had World cup winners, and that was enough. Until Bundesliga clubs start experiencing European success, this generation is screwed.
In guten wie in schlechten Zeiten...
Mazen96
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby supra969 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:56 pm

If this is directed at the CL final Bly then nope
That final was a fluke tbh
i love teams that park the bus
supra969
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby BayernLeb » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:56 pm

BayernLeb
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:03 pm

Netzer: Lahm & Schweinsteiger aren't leaders

Source: http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3284/eur ... nt-leaders
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Mazen96 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:52 pm

He has a point. They're leaders but they're too soft ( Schweini wasn't when he was younger but he's turning into another Lahm and Klose). This team needs an Effenberg or a Kahn. I think the closest guy to this is Neuer. Khedira seems pretty suited to that role too. But then again I don't think Loew would dare change captains.
In guten wie in schlechten Zeiten...
Mazen96
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Chockers, (lack of) winning mentality and future captain

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:08 am

I think Bayern and the German NT are intertwined just like Spain and Barcelona, when Bayern Munich were winning 3 str8 European Cup titles(special thanks to Gerd Muller) in the mid to late 70s Germany or West Germany were also dominating in the National stage and since then Bayern has been in a European drought and so has Germany, while recently Barcelona's european dominance has allowed Spain to see the same result international cause prior to 2008 it had been some 40yrs before Spain had won, so until Bayern can find its stride I don't think the german nt can excel to its true heights......
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby SilverX » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:23 am

BayernLeb wrote:Image

HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD !!!!!!

I love LAHM and BASTI, but they need to grab between their legs and feel those balls !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE need a leader that can go out on the field and have the team follow him to their deaths without a single word.
My Youtube Channel Mia San Bayern

https://www.youtube.com/user/Xtremedragon10
SilverX
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby quaazi » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:28 am

See this is the problem. You did not do freaking well, you lost by two goals because that late penalty doesn't f***ing count. It should not be acceptable to take pride in these near misses anymore.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby hgb09 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:31 am

quaazi wrote:See this is the problem. You did not do freaking well, you lost by two goals because that late penalty doesn't f***ing count. It should not be acceptable to take pride in these near misses anymore.

*uck this mentality
hgb09
2014/15 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby quaazi » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:40 am

The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion