You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Bayern vs Barcelona?

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.
 

Re: Bayern vs Barcelona?

Postby tflags » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:30 pm

So let me get this straight? Your article which mainly discusses a flip of wingers because one is better at defending than the other is conclusive that they rather keep low possession rate with less pressing on the ball. LOL.

Everything I wrote proves Madrid went into the game with an attacking mindset. After that decisive game, there is hard proof Mourinho changed tactics and opted to a more defensive approach based on fast counter attacking.

And while you say there was a lack of tactics/formation to keep better possession on the ball there was a small window of proof this was the case because he switched exactly the player with the worst successful pass rate on the team. The rest didn't work because they conceded early and never recovered. The tactics he used in the following games proves he knows they can't out posses them so a more defensive approach was key to a following tie and later a win.

But you rather say this is mildly relevant while I'd say it is completely relevant. You see, While I spend a lot of time in Di Maria, is not because I want to go off topic, but because he is basically the most important point in the article you quoted. So I had to show you a different point of view.

And I do think some of your replies and challenges are full of crap, the thing is I just chose to reply to the ones I know I'll have time to follow up on. I hope you don't mind. :P
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
User avatar
tflags
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 8973
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:41 pm
Location: Around the world... in 80 days.
National Flag:
Ecuador
Has thanked: 819 times
Been thanked: 2852 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Bayern vs Barcelona?

Postby quaazi » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:17 pm

tflags wrote:Everything I wrote proves Madrid went into the game with an attacking mindset.


Nnnno, everything you wrote, and this is in the correct order: Madrid was in good form and confident (first time Madrid has not been is the last few months!), switching Di Maria's flank was for more reasons than him tracking Dani Alves (which is ****ing obvious jesus christ otherwise he would've simply put an extra defender on in that left winger slot a la Bertrand, still can't understand why you spent so much time on that), Mourinho changes his tactics in the following games (again, a completely moot point when we're discussing a conscious attempt to outpossess the opposing team). Points that are irrelevant yet technically correct, so I can't disagree with them but they still take up space and make the post look like you're informed and thorough. Of course after that you ramble ad hominem, which I don't probably need to explain how it is irrelevant to whether or not Real tried to outpossess Barcelona.

tflags wrote:So let me get this straight? Your article which mainly discusses a flip of wingers because one is better at defending than the other is conclusive that they rather keep low possession rate with less pressing on the ball. LOL.

tflags wrote:But you rather say this is mildly relevant while I'd say it is completely relevant. You see, While I spend a lot of time in Di Maria, is not because I want to go off topic, but because he is basically the most important point in the article you quoted. So I had to show you a different point of view.


No, that would be "the concession of an early goal was a disaster for Mourinho’s gameplan, which involved Real’s defensive line sitting relatively deep on the edge of the penalty box.", but of course, we've already established we read articles differently. Considering you also said "I mean, nowhere I the article you posted did it say Madrid planned to park the bus." (again, if you don't like the term "park the bus", I can just use "keep a solid defense and build from there"), I think you got completely sidetracked by the first post-intro paragraph and just went with it. Because it's like you didn't read the rest of the article at all.

tflags wrote:And I do think some of your replies and challenges are full of crap, the thing is I just chose to reply to the ones I know I'll have time to follow up on. I hope you don't mind. :P


Oh no, not at all. You already showed you simply ignore anything that isn't convenient for you. So you're left with "hey there are things you said wrong but I'm not going to tell you which because I don't have the time for that even though I am constantly spending that very time here over a lot more minute details". With a dash of "I have things to do but you don't so if I jump out right now it will make you look like a lifeless nerd and me like a badass playboy who simply can't be arsed to deal with the plebs because of the finer things in life" undertone. Or, the two summed up, "being a douche".

Also, and this is not to belittle the meat of your argument or divert from it at all, but your sentence syntax is a lot worse than usual and I can't understand half the things you're saying. Wherever you are vacationing, I don't think it's healthy for you.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
User avatar
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 10079
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:13 pm
National Flag:
Estonia
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 2011 times
Gender: Male

Re: Bayern vs Barcelona?

Postby tflags » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:00 am

Playboy, nerd? Seriously? I didn't realize there was any undertone to be honest. All I said is I didn't want to spend my whole day discussing with you every single article you and I read differently. If you felt offended by that, my apologies. There is no need to use an small size font on your criticism of my bad grammar. I really don't mind anyone saying it can be difficult to read my sentences, if that is the case. I bet if you really wanted to be discrete a PM would have been more in order but I bet mocking my lack of a perfect grammar this way gave you the kicks.

Listen, I did try to read your article, take the relevant points and, when disagreed, came up with my own links. But you do have better links, indeed. Links that prove that for ten minutes Madrid had a 'deep lying defense line' and yet they asserted in the next clásico preview that Mourinho opted for a more attacking approach on the season but should think more defensive the next time around vs Barca.

And my point is simply that they did try to over posses Barca with an attacking mindset. And yet the few links I was able to bring forward you keep calling them irrelevant. So fine, there is no discussing with you without having to withstand talk of 'bullshit', 'blatant lies' and 'douche.'

And yet no one has insulted your opinion nor yourself. Well, I think I did say some of your posts were crap.

As I said, I concede my point, I wasn't able to bring forward more substantial proof of something that was covered and talked about widely a couple of years ago but I won't say 'hey, it was all on tv' as it may sound kind of foolish. A funny way of putting it would be 'you win on links.' Insults too.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
User avatar
tflags
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 8973
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:41 pm
Location: Around the world... in 80 days.
National Flag:
Ecuador
Has thanked: 819 times
Been thanked: 2852 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Bayern vs Barcelona?

Postby MUTU » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:17 am

Wow, Christmas spirit huh? Who cares anyway? The talk is between Bayern and Barcelona and not Real Madrid. Real Madrid may or may not have tried to beat Barcelona at the possession game and failed, but that doesn't mean that any team to try will automatically fail.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31306
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5508 times
Been thanked: 8224 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Bayern vs Barcelona?

Postby quaazi » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:36 am

MUTU wrote:Wow, Christmas spirit huh?


CHRISTMAS IS OVER WE CAN BE DICKS AGAIN NOW.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
User avatar
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 10079
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:13 pm
National Flag:
Estonia
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 2011 times
Gender: Male

Re: Bayern vs Barcelona?

Postby tflags » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:14 pm

See, when someone tells you you have been insulting and all you do about it is keep joking, that tells you the kind of prick you are.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
User avatar
tflags
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 8973
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:41 pm
Location: Around the world... in 80 days.
National Flag:
Ecuador
Has thanked: 819 times
Been thanked: 2852 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Bayern vs Barcelona?

Postby meister » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:09 pm

popcorn anyone?
meister
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:46 am
Location: Santiago, Chile
National Flag:
Chile
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 11 times
Gender: Male

Re: Bayern vs Barcelona?

Postby BayernLove » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:59 pm

tflags wrote:See, when someone tells you you have been insulting and all you do about it is keep joking, that tells you the kind of prick you are.

Image
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
User avatar
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5647
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:25 pm
Location: Kuwait
National Flag:
Jordan
Has thanked: 1922 times
Been thanked: 699 times
Gender: Male

Re: Bayern vs Barcelona?

Postby quaazi » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:27 pm

tflags wrote:See, when someone tells you you have been insulting and all you do about it is keep joking, that tells you the kind of prick you are.

w-what?
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
User avatar
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 10079
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:13 pm
National Flag:
Estonia
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 2011 times
Gender: Male

Re: Bayern vs Barcelona?

Postby AssemFCB » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:46 pm

It's funny because we may never even play the short bastards.
Image
User avatar
AssemFCB
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2445
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:20 pm
Location: Egypt
National Flag:
Egypt
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 612 times
Gender: Male

Re: Bayern vs Barcelona?

Postby Borusse » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:53 am

To be honest I have never seen you park the bus. I wonder if you would try to do that. If not, well, the game between you and Barcelona could turn out to be one of the most interesting games of the decade. You actually have the potential to press them, take the ball and have more possesion than the Catalans.

But I dont think Barca lost a single game in Guardiola era when the rivals tried to play an open game. All the big defeats came because the rivals were defending and destroying Barca from counters. It seems thats the only effective way - you could prove the world wrong.
User avatar
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3978
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:07 am
National Flag:
Poland
Has thanked: 213 times
Been thanked: 1104 times
Gender: Male

Re: Bayern vs Barcelona?

Postby MUTU » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:28 am

Borusse wrote:To be honest I have never seen you park the bus

Last few mins against United in 99 and Chelsea in 2012...
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31306
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5508 times
Been thanked: 8224 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Bayern vs Barcelona?

Postby Borusse » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:05 pm

And all three goals conceded from corners. :shock:

Well, this shows you are better of with the possesion of the ball. :wink:
User avatar
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3978
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:07 am
National Flag:
Poland
Has thanked: 213 times
Been thanked: 1104 times
Gender: Male

Re: Bayern vs Barcelona?

Postby Omortag » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:05 am

Does anyone know about this apparent love fest between Bayern and Barcelona?

From Barcelona's offical site:

Leo Messi ended 2012 with an all-time world record of 91 goals in a calendar year, thus breaking the previous best set by Gerd Müller (85 in 1972). Messi wanted to share the moment with the legendary player known as The Torpedo by sending him a Barça shirt on which he has written the message: “To Gerd Müller / My respect and admiration / A hug”.

The shirt has been sent along with a letter from FCB president Sandro Rosell to Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, the chief executive at Bayern Munich, in which he expresses his “recognition for the figure and person of Gerd Müller” adding that the previous record “was clearly an added motivation and target for Messi”.

“The love and admiration that our Club feels for Bayern and its supporters has once again been demonstrated through the historic bond between these two players who have set new standards and generated such sentiment among our respective fans”, said the Barça president.
Omortag
Hey, I'm new here!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:02 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 0 time
Gender: Male

Re: Bayern vs Barcelona?

Postby MoFattal » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:22 am

Hell no, they ain't gettin' nobody from here ;)
User avatar
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 11043
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:48 am
National Flag:
Lebanon
Has thanked: 2497 times
Been thanked: 2314 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests