You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Bayern TV channel Question

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Postby Haruko Arsenal » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:09 pm

Always wondered, with the Bayern brand being one of, if not the biggest in the world, why don't they ever go into a sort of Pay-Per-View of their matches?

with over 200-300million fans worldwide, even if only 10 million of them signed up to a year subscription (lets say) where they pay €100 a season to watch all their home matches, that's 1 Billion Euros.

The figures would be ridiculous. Then there's the money made from advertising during breaks, and even naming rights for the channel for eg.

anyone know why this hasn't been done yet? For any club worldwide?
Haruko Arsenal
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Bayern TV channel Question

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:08 pm

Haruko Arsenal wrote:Always wondered, with the Bayern brand being one of, if not the biggest in the world, why don't they ever go into a sort of Pay-Per-View of their matches?

with over 200-300million fans worldwide, even if only 10 million of them signed up to a year subscription (lets say) where they pay €100 a season to watch all their home matches, that's 1 Billion Euros.

The figures would be ridiculous. Then there's the money made from advertising during breaks, and even naming rights for the channel for eg.

anyone know why this hasn't been done yet? For any club worldwide?

I heard R.Madrid and Barca do this for their El Clasico matches but i doubt Bayern would do it. It would be a bit costly for fans and they already charge you a subscription for FcB.tv
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Haruko Arsenal » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:22 pm

Costly for fans?

Me personally, I pay £40+ a month for Sky Sports HD, and how many times do they show Arsenal matches?

Twice a month if I'm lucky.

I would happily pay £100 for an entire season to watch Arsenal, I'd probably pay £200 a season for all their home matches per season.
Haruko Arsenal
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:37 pm

Haruko Arsenal wrote:Costly for fans?

Me personally, I pay £40+ a month for Sky Sports HD, and how many times do they show Arsenal matches?

Twice a month if I'm lucky.

I would happily pay £100 for an entire season to watch Arsenal, I'd probably pay £200 a season for all their home matches per season.

It does leave out the other smaller clubs in the league to manage the TV rights and if the bug clubs negotiated separately, the money other clubs get from league revenue would go down...
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Haruko Arsenal » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:25 pm

:roll: True.

**** em. Survival of the fittest.
Haruko Arsenal
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Badger » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:36 pm

Well, for anyone who is ok with watching the match about an hour after it has ended, rather than watching it live, FCB.tv now seem to be making every competitive match available - Bundesliga, German Cup and Champions League, both home and away. I think it is a fantastic service for a very modest fee.
Last edited by Badger on Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby KateL » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:12 pm

I have the Bayern TV subscription but I never watch it. Knowing they have all the matches there would definitely make it worth watching. Plus, living in California, it would mean I get to sleep a little longer on Saturdays instead of forcing myself up at 6:30 am...
KateL
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:28 am

What the club should do (and it's long overdue in my opinion) is take FCB.tv more seriously. People don't want to watch games late. I'm sure a lot more people would subscribe if the games were aired live, even if it costs a bit more. I know I would.

Also of importance would be the content during times other than games. I'm not sure what they show during these times. Do they ever screen live programmes or live news?
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AdepT » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:38 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:What the club should do (and it's long overdue in my opinion) is take FCB.tv more seriously. People don't want to watch games late. I'm sure a lot more people would subscribe if the games were aired live, even if it costs a bit more. I know I would.

Also of importance would be the content during times other than games. I'm not sure what they show during these times. Do they ever screen live programmes or live news?

They probably won't air it live.
What would the broadcasters do?
That'll be like taking away their viewership which could hamper the TV pool in some way. There's a reason it's recorded games.
I take it, it'll probably be Sky commentators on those recorded games. Can someone confirm??
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:10 am

AdepT wrote:They probably won't air it live.
What would the broadcasters do?
That'll be like taking away their viewership which could hamper the TV pool in some way. There's a reason it's recorded games.
I take it, it'll probably be Sky commentators on those recorded games. Can someone confirm??

Good point, but in that case they might want to look into a deal with Sky or some other broadcaster. The broadcaster gets increased viewers through FCB.tv, Bayern gets a sponsorship game and more FCB.tv subscribers. It would be a win-win situation if it had to be realised.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Tedesco » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:46 am

Sky has their own SkyGo stuff where you can watch the matches online. So I can't see any deal with Bayern.
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:08 pm

It cant be done. DFB sells all Bundesliga matches collectively. Sky has secured all live games, including internet platform.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Return to General Bayern Discussion