You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Bayern Munich's UCL hopes

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

How many CL trophies will Bayern win in the next 10 years?

None
No votes
One
8%
Two
54%
Three
25%
Four or more....
13%

Total votes : 24

Bayern Munich's UCL hopes

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:26 pm

At the moment many of us can agree that this team Bayern has is more or less built to last and we could very well be watching a golden generation sprout before our eyes. So I'm curious as to how many more UCL trophies people think Bayern will win in the next 10 years....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Bayern Munich's UCL hopes

Postby Decayyy » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:28 pm

The players we currently have is amazing, I also hope that we continue to produce more amazing young talent so that we can remain consistent in producing future stars
Decayyy
Getting the hang of it

Years of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:33 pm

I don't see any reason why this European domination can't go for 10 years or even more, Bayern have proven that they have the correct people in upper management to recruit top class players and our current core players definitely have another 5-6 years of top class play and of properly reinforced like they are doing now i see no reason why it can't continue. This may be the golden generation boys, hope you're all grateful.

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Fernando_Bayern_BR » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:41 pm

In the next 10 years (this season included) I expect us to win the CL at least 2 times...

Hope I'm right...
Ich geb mein Herz für dich... Für Bayern lebe ich... Ich lass dich nie im Stich !
Fernando_Bayern_BR
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Brazil

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:41 pm

2 times, as well.. It needs a bit of luck -for instance, this season we would need Barça to drop a bit of form or our defensive aspects to be perfect- but it's reasonable, I think.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:54 pm

By the way there's a poll in this thread for those mainly on Tapatalk

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:46 pm

In terms of dominance, I'd rather win it a few times (even not win at all) as long as we can constantly end up in at least the halbfinale, as opposed to having horribly inconsistent spells like Manchester United. Even Barcelona who won it the latest ended up in the quarterfinals the year before, I don't want that. Would expect us to get two out of ten though.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby ottackon » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:22 pm

1 Cl title every 5 or 6 years would be huge.
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby SilentStrike » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:10 pm

ottackon wrote:1 Cl title every 5 or 6 years would be huge.

On average, yes.
But you must take into account that teams rise and fall. And throughout history teams have always had a couple of victories in their peak years before falling back and not winnijg for years.

Currently Bayern is on it's peak years, and it would be a great shame if we end this great era with just a single Cl title.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby JANCKER » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:44 pm

There shouldn't be a year that we shouldn't be aiming for it... in order to keep the mentality of a winner. And not a Wengeresque "happy with a 4th place, competition too strong BS" or "Barca is too strong for us", "different shit happens excuse".
You should never settle for anything less than the 1st place, that's the mentality that has to govern here or else be Liverpool or Arsenal, crying about different stuff.
There are years you won't make it but you must never give signs of satiability and stupid excuses like "we won it last year so it doesn't matter if we don't win it this year" shouldn't exist.
In other words if you don't want to be Liverpool/Arsenal and that sort of a team, your goal should be not anything less than the 1st place in every competition and it must be felt in the air that you won't be settling for anything less than that or else players will smell it and settle for less.
The winning mentality has a lot to do with success in the CL, Inter after winning 5 consecutive domestic titles won the CL, Juve after dominating that league almost made it in the CL... even if they probably weren't the better sides, they still made it with that mentality that they gained through years.
Wanting it by every cost makes a difference even if you're not good enough, e.g. Chelsea, players dying on the pitch, strikers playing LB and everything it takes just to win it, that's it...
Every year should be taken in consideration separately, past is in the past, this year we're going for the CL no matter what... that attitude and then what comes.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby pyrasur » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:44 pm

There you go guys. Straight from a true winner and competitor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:13 pm

Being cautiously optimistic, I'd say twice, but I don't think we'll be as strong as we are now come 2025. Or maybe we will be, but we won't in 2020 or so. If we do indeed maintain this level for 10 years (or increase it), I think we might see even 3 or 4, but that's being very optimistic.

The thing is we have no idea who's going to compete with us and how strong they'll be. Teams we can't imagine being superpowers might be the teams to beat in 5 years' time. It wouldn't be the first time that a team didn't win any European competitions in its golden age simply because another club was also going through a golden age and won everything themselves.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:45 pm

JANCKER wrote:There shouldn't be a year that we shouldn't be aiming for it... in order to keep the mentality of a winner. And not a Wengeresque "happy with a 4th place, competition too strong BS" or "Barca is too strong for us", "different shit happens excuse".
You should never settle for anything less than the 1st place, that's the mentality that has to govern here or else be Liverpool or Arsenal, crying about different stuff.
There are years you won't make it but you must never give signs of satiability and stupid excuses like "we won it last year so it doesn't matter if we don't win it this year" shouldn't exist.
In other words if you don't want to be Liverpool/Arsenal and that sort of a team, your goal should be not anything less than the 1st place in every competition and it must be felt in the air that you won't be settling for anything less than that or else players will smell it and settle for less.
The winning mentality has a lot to do with success in the CL, Inter after winning 5 consecutive domestic titles won the CL, Juve after dominating that league almost made it in the CL... even if they probably weren't the better sides, they still made it with that mentality that they gained through years.
Wanting it by every cost makes a difference even if you're not good enough, e.g. Chelsea, players dying on the pitch, strikers playing LB and everything it takes just to win it, that's it...
Every year should be taken in consideration separately, past is in the past, this year we're going for the CL no matter what... that attitude and then what comes.

No kidding. Of course you'd aim for top. The question is how many you expect, more than one every other season is incredibly optimistic and any more than that is downright delusional.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby JANCKER » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:05 am

Well, that's hard to tell except if you're a Nostradamus... every game has to be played first but I know one thing for sure that the right mentality is to be the number one in the world.
You have to set yourself the goal to win it every year so then maybe you'll win it after every 2 or 3 years... but never set your goal to be 2nd even if you can be happy with it sometimes.
My answer is that we can end up winning NONE in ten years but I wouldn't care as long as we lose with that attitude which is unlikely to happen or we can win 10/10 which is also unlikely to happen.
We've got potential to achieve a lot, I wouldn't even exclude 2 CLs in a row... it was achievable before last season so I don't see why we can't get the chance to achieve something like that in the future. But my opinion is that we were stronger before and the more we wait to achieve something like that, it will get only harder... this is the golden generation.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Jorsett » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:31 am

Two, maybe three. Expecting anything else would be overly optimistic. English football is gonna turn it around eventually and we'll have to battle with them for semi-final spots sooner or later.
#DankeBasti
Jorsett
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Norway

Next

Return to General Bayern Discussion