You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Bayern München's Miscellaneous

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: Bayern München's Miscellaneous

Postby tflags » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:49 pm

schweini31 wrote:In other stupid news :wink: the AFA (Argentine Football Association) wants that the FCB and Independiente (argentinian team who play in 2nd divison) play the Intercontinental Cup that the FCB declined to participate in 1975.

And how is it bad news? Hell, I'm up for it.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:14 pm

tflags wrote:
schweini31 wrote:In other stupid news :wink: the AFA (Argentine Football Association) wants that the FCB and Independiente (argentinian team who play in 2nd divison) play the Intercontinental Cup that the FCB declined to participate in 1975.

And how is it bad news? Hell, I'm up for it.

To make it fun though, it should be the people who were players at their respective club in 1975 who should play :D And then if we win we can claim to have won the Intercontinental Cup of 1975, who's kick-off was delayed by 39 years.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Bayern München's Miscellaneous

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:35 pm

For anyone with FCBtv the first training session this year in Munich will be live
Can't see tweet? Click here!
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:52 am

MUTU wrote:To make it fun though, it should be the people who were players at their respective club in 1975 who should play And then if we win we can claim to have won the Intercontinental Cup of 1975, who's kick-off was delayed by 39 years.

We can be "world champions" twice. :P

But yeah a friendly between those old players would be fun.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:13 pm

MUTU wrote:
Sammer has revealed that they are not sure if the training camp will be held in Doha again next year. They were really happy with the turf, the short distances and the temperatures. However, Sammer says that "opponents are suboptimal". [source]

UEFA Champions League holders Bayern Munich are in the process of finalizing 2014 preseason matches in New York and Vancouver, B.C., multiple sources confirmed to SoccerWire.com on Thursday. [source]
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:26 pm

MUTU wrote:
MUTU wrote:
Sammer has revealed that they are not sure if the training camp will be held in Doha again next year. They were really happy with the turf, the short distances and the temperatures. However, Sammer says that "opponents are suboptimal". [source]

UEFA Champions League holders Bayern Munich are in the process of finalizing 2014 preseason matches in New York and Vancouver, B.C., multiple sources confirmed to SoccerWire.com on Thursday. [source]

How are the two related?
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:14 pm

Oops.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:03 pm

MUTU wrote:Oops.

They should consider our island MUTU :)
Optimal facilities - check
short distances - check of course
nearer to Bavaria - check
perfect weather - check
And can play our NT which is much better than those teams with all due respect. 8)
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:09 pm

ramsej84 wrote:

nearer to Bavaria
perfect weather
And can play our NT which is much better than those teams with all due respect. 8)

You are joking right?

Optimal facilities: where are they? They train at the national stadium? I think the only training pitch with turf on the island is at Corradino
Short distances: fail too. In Doha, their training facilities are literally across the road from their hotel. Whether they train at Corradino or Ta' Qali, the training areas are not so close to 5 star hotels. Which means they need to travel there and get stuck in the morning rush-hour traffic.

Of course I would still love for this to happen :) I would book a week leave from work and just watch their training and report for BayernForum.com :)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:20 pm

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:

nearer to Bavaria
perfect weather

You are joking right?

Optimal facilities: where are they? They train at the national stadium? I think the only training pitch with turf on the island is at Corradino
Short distances: fail too. In Doha, their training facilities are literally across the road from their hotel. Whether they train at Corradino or Ta' Qali, the training areas are not so close to 5 star hotels. Which means they need to travel there and get stuck in the morning rush-hour traffic.

Of course I would still love for this to happen :) I would book a week leave from work and just watch their training and report for BayernForum.com :)

Ta'Qali training grounds + the actual Nat Stadium are of a very good quality... no one ever complained. To the contrary they were always praised.
Corinthia Palace - H'Attard is 30mins walk from these grounds.
Forgot to mention the indoor pool & gymnasium.
Bayern actually came to Malta in January 2001. I was there... Malta XI 1 - 3 FCB
I am trying to find some videos but nothing
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:24 pm

Yes I remember the match :) I was there too.

Malta scored 2 goals, 1 for and 1 against :)

I was thinking about Corinthia but they're not going to be walking on the pavements and cross the roads and risk being run over by a car or something. They would take a coach and it will probably still take them 10-15 minutes to arrive by coach.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:35 pm

MUTU wrote:Of course I would still love for this to happen I would book a week leave from work and just watch their training and report for BayernForum.com

I'd just camp there. :lol:

As ramsej said the Ta' Qali training grounds seem like very good quality. I don't know if you've ever been inside. I would give anything to watch Bayern in Malta, at least for one training camp. If they keep returning, like they did in Doha, all the better.

A little unrelated, when Germany came to Malta in 1979, my mother was a teenager and allegedly met several of the German players out partying and even spoke to them. Supposedly they did not have permission to go out, but they managed to escape the coach's watch. :lol: Not sure which players she met, but it was a time when the likes of Maier and Rummenigge were still playing.

She did go to watch the game as well, because in her younger days she supported Germany. Actually, she stopped supporting Germany after that game because she thought they were "too rough". Ironically, she has supported Italy ever since. :P

Anyway, the players' partying came back to bite them, as Malta held Germany to a goalless draw.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:38 pm

MUTU wrote:Yes I remember the match :) I was there too.

Malta scored 2 goals, 1 for and 1 against :)

I was thinking about Corinthia but they're not going to be walking on the pavements and cross the roads and risk being run over by a car or something. They would take a coach and it will probably still take them 10-15 minutes to arrive by coach.

I said walking distance to emphasize the short distance... No, what 15mins and if it is the case it is not a big deal.

Another option could be the Hotel Radisson Golden Sands - Ghajn Tuffieha (used by AC Milan in 2007) were the sandy beach can be used for training. And again it is not very far from Ta'Qali stadium
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:41 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MUTU wrote:Of course I would still love for this to happen I would book a week leave from work and just watch their training and report for BayernForum.com

I'd just camp there. :lol:

As ramsej said the Ta' Qali training grounds seem like very good quality. I don't know if you've ever been inside. I would give anything to watch Bayern in Malta, at least for one training camp. If they keep returning, like they did in Doha, all the better.

A little unrelated, when Germany came to Malta in 1979, my mother was a teenager and allegedly met several of the German players out partying and even spoke to them. Supposedly they did not have permission to go out, but they managed to escape the coach's watch. :lol: Not sure which players she met, but it was a time when the likes of Maier and Rummenigge were still playing.

She did go to watch the game as well, because in her younger days she supported Germany. Actually, she stopped supporting Germany after that game because she thought they were "too rough". Ironically, she has supported Italy ever since. :P

Anyway, the players' partying came back to bite them, as Malta held Germany to a goalless draw.

WoW that was still the old stadium in Gzira (hard surface) Football moved to Ta'Qali in 1981...
I feel sorry for the old stadium even though I've never set foot in there...
Then in 1987 Malta lost 2-3
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:48 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Then in 1987 Malta lost 2-3

Also in 1974 we only lost 1-0. I've been looking up head-to-head results. We don't have that bad of a record against Germany. Even in 2010 we only lost 3-0.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion