You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Bayern München's Miscellaneous

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: Bayern München's Miscellaneous

Postby tflags » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:37 pm

I guess the expected behavior on the stadium surely depends on the area. I can't imagine hardcore supporters at the Südkurve sitting pretty anymore than the T-Mobile guys in white coats standing and sheering the whole game through. These last areas being traditionally quieter.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MoFattal » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:49 pm

Those T-Mobile lads are some cold bastards.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby lau03143 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:16 pm

BayernLove wrote:Does anyone know a list of A-Lister Bayern Supporters?

The Pope could be one. I'm sure this time last year there were rumours Hoeneß had offered him honorary membership of the club.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby AssemFCB » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:45 pm

Robbie Williams compared himself to Bayern recently...
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby AdepT » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:52 pm

As much as I appreciate the author of this post(who is a girl), her choice for this image has me surprised. :o
Spoiler: show
I have nothing against gay people. All in good taste. :)

Have you guys seen this image earlier? Fussball Verbindet seems to be a fan community.

About A-Listers, yup Pope Benedict XVI is a fan.I remember Uli said that we'll offer him honorary membership. I am not sure if it's done or not.
The club also has quite a number of high profile supporters, among them Pope Benedict XVI, the current Pope, Boris Becker, retired German tennis player, Wladimir Klitschko, Ukrainian boxer, and Horst Seehofer and Edmund Stoiber, current and former Minister-President of Bavaria, to name just a few. [source]

An old interview by Boris Becker about Bayern [source]

And here's a list of famous people supporting their favorite sports club.
Prince Charles and UK PM D. Cameron are Aston Villa fans. [source]
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby AdepT » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:17 pm

Can someone tell me how to get a seat in the Sudkurve area? When someday I visit(perhaps in 3-4 years :( ), I'd like to have this piece of information.
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby MoFattal » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:30 pm

I don't think you can unless you're a member of that fan club.
MoFattal

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby AdepT » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:52 pm

hmmm... Gotta learn German and join that fun club. :wink:
Enough time on my hands then.

Well, do they have any specific criteria for joining it? :?
I couldn't find much info about them in articles anywhere.
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby lau03143 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:09 pm

You could join the International club associated with Club #12, FC Bayern Worldwide

http://www.clubnr12.de/fcbww/fcbww_en.html
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby SouthernStar » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:50 am

I just don't understand, why does the international media hate us (and to an extent the Bundesliga) so much :?

Was just reading this: "Klopp: Guardiola will find it tougher at Bayern Munich"
http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germany/2013/02/12/3746488/klopp-guardiola-will-find-it-tougher-at-bayern-munich

The article is MOSTLY about Kloppo praising the Barca stars and how Pep has an easy time with the Barca stars, as they breathe, eat and sleep with football... But basically the article offers nothing about any revelation regarding our club and the stars. In fact (lol) Klopp is more interested in talking about Barca and Real than about us in that article. The title is misleading much?

I mean this is not the first time (but I had quite enough actually that I just want to ask "why") that English/international media took a piss at us, I know this article is not the strongest evidence of it but you guys know it's all out there. Recent articles that came to my mind was the Schweini's Playboy interview which was titled "Schweinsteiger considering move from Bayern in the future" when all he mentioned was he has a contract with Bayern now that he will fulfill until the end but anything can happen in the future kind of thing. Obviously the biggest one was the whole media dam outburst when Pep was announced as our next coach. Some does praise us as being the "kindred spirit" club to Pep's Barca and the rising status of the Bundesliga. But the majority of the media is all about "Pep snub EPL or Serie A"...

I just don't get it... The Serie A will take a while to catch up to the Bundesliga again (or maybe even not, as we are even catching up to the English). Yet the media will talk about how Serie A is still the 3rd best league or the more interesting league to watch etc... Or about how the EPL offers a much more competition in the league.

I know "people just see/read what they want to see"...

Anddd.... I know I sounds kind of rambling but I care about this a lot. Having lived in five different countries, where 3 of them (huge football supporting countries) are majorly "EPL, EPL, EPL" only or "EPL + RM + Barca" nowadays mixed in with Juventus and the Milan duos. It's a vicious cycle, as with all the media focusing on EPL + Barca + RM + Juve + Milan duos, how will these people know about the Bundesliga, they don't even care about it! And the negative, misleading headline just makes it even worse. They will think that we and the Bundesliga as "second rate"... I mean even until now, people are saying that if any other team besides Bayern won the Bundesliga is because we are not playing well #-o (which is quite untrue - care to smash this, Borrusse?) and not because the league is competitive.

Kind of interesting how the world see this: "Balance of power is shifting in Europe"
http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/espnfcunited/id/3357?cc=4716

Still... very few international media gave Bayern or Dortmund or the Bundesliga the credit that they should be getting...
SouthernStar
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MoFattal » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:47 am

Well, one big reason is that the editors of the big media outlets are EPL/Clasico fan boys. What we need is to have German big boys as Bild, Kicker, etc. go international. An English-reading option would be the first clear step.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby SouthernStar » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:35 pm

MoFattal wrote:Well, one big reason is that the editors of the big media outlets are EPL/Clasico fan boys.

What we need is to have German big boys as Bild, Kicker, etc. go international. An English-reading option would be the first clear step.

In the first place we should ask why these international media editors are EPL/Classico fan boys and such big Bundesliga haters. Know what a big Aussie soccer talk show host commented when we signed Pep? - "Bayern is an impatient club, 6 coaches in the past 5 years" :|

The thing is international coverage plays a huge role when people are picking their teams... No exposure = no knowledge...

I mean every time I wear a Bayern clothing and happened to pass by another stranger who is a Bayern supporter, we smile at each other because it is quite the rare sight. You just don't see Man U fans meeting on the street and smiling at each other (because there are too many of them). The fact of the matter is that a lot of new football fans are a little misinformed/smoke screened by what they see in the media. I mean if it gets to the point that they think Newcastle is better than us or that we are thinking of buying the entire Swansea XI just because they are EPL... Then the whole football journalism is just... so... so wrong! :roll:

How much Bayern or Bundesliga exposures is everyone getting in their countries?

*Maybe it's better for you European guys? I just have the luck to be living in 3 countries which are EPL heavy and 2 countries which prefer footies*
SouthernStar
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MoFattal » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:41 pm

I totally agree with you. When discussing football with a group of new acquaintances, the first question that pops up is "are you a Barca or Real Madrid fan?" When I tell them I'm a hardcore Bayern fan they go "how did that happen?". Last night I was invited to watch the CL with a big group of friends, and the most funny/ignorant comment raised by one guy (and approved by many others) was that the Real-United game should've been the final of the competition :| Another one was that Shakhtar-Dortmund is one of the BS matchups of the round, where in fact I struggled to convince (and failed to an extent) that it is actually one of the best games of the round.

Nonetheless, the BL coverage has improved over the past couple of years, reaching its peak this year with the rise of BVB. I think it will remain EPL/Clasico/Milans-Juve for the majority in the near-future, but the current BL performances will erase that false image if we keep moving on in this pace.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:47 pm

SouthernStar wrote:I just don't understand, why does the international media hate us (and to an extent the Bundesliga) so much :?

Was just reading this: "Klopp: Guardiola will find it tougher at Bayern Munich"
http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germany/2013/02/12/3746488/klopp-guardiola-will-find-it-tougher-at-bayern-munich

The article is MOSTLY about Kloppo praising the Barca stars and how Pep has an easy time with the Barca stars, as they breathe, eat and sleep with football... But basically the article offers nothing about any revelation regarding our club and the stars. In fact (lol) Klopp is more interested in talking about Barca and Real than about us in that article. The title is misleading much?

I mean this is not the first time (but I had quite enough actually that I just want to ask "why") that English/international media took a piss at us, I know this article is not the strongest evidence of it but you guys know it's all out there. Recent articles that came to my mind was the Schweini's Playboy interview which was titled "Schweinsteiger considering move from Bayern in the future" when all he mentioned was he has a contract with Bayern now that he will fulfill until the end but anything can happen in the future kind of thing. Obviously the biggest one was the whole media dam outburst when Pep was announced as our next coach. Some does praise us as being the "kindred spirit" club to Pep's Barca and the rising status of the Bundesliga. But the majority of the media is all about "Pep snub EPL or Serie A"...

I just don't get it... The Serie A will take a while to catch up to the Bundesliga again (or maybe even not, as we are even catching up to the English). Yet the media will talk about how Serie A is still the 3rd best league or the more interesting league to watch etc... Or about how the EPL offers a much more competition in the league.

I know "people just see/read what they want to see"...

Anddd.... I know I sounds kind of rambling but I care about this a lot. Having lived in five different countries, where 3 of them (huge football supporting countries) are majorly "EPL, EPL, EPL" only or "EPL + RM + Barca" nowadays mixed in with Juventus and the Milan duos. It's a vicious cycle, as with all the media focusing on EPL + Barca + RM + Juve + Milan duos, how will these people know about the Bundesliga, they don't even care about it! And the negative, misleading headline just makes it even worse. They will think that we and the Bundesliga as "second rate"... I mean even until now, people are saying that if any other team besides Bayern won the Bundesliga is because we are not playing well #-o (which is quite untrue - care to smash this, Borrusse?) and not because the league is competitive.

Kind of interesting how the world see this: "Balance of power is shifting in Europe"
http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/espnfcunited/id/3357?cc=4716

Still... very few international media gave Bayern or Dortmund or the Bundesliga the credit that they should be getting...

Do not worry the media will soon note the strength of the Buliga...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby SilentStrike » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:19 am

Agree with you guys here. It bothers me to some extent but as some have pointed out, the fact that Bayern fans are rare makes it special.
There's a guy in my university that's also a bayern fan and during lectures we spent loads of time talking about Bayern...

When I was in Brazil in a club I saw someone wearing a small chain with a Bayern logo. We immediately had a chat and bought each other rounds.

Now that never happens with Barca Manu or Real supporters.
I saw so many Real or Barca shirts in Brazil it's nowhere near special anymore.
there's so many Real or Barca fans in Holland that it's not special to talk about. You can turn on the TV at home and there some 'analyst' talking about it.

The reason?
I think there's lots of factors: For one German football has been considered boring for decades, the media doesn't follow it as much and the fact that lots of people still have some natural dislike against Germans.

For example people here ask me why on EARTH I would support a German team.
Supporting Real or Barca is completely normal (Now I'd ask why the **** you'd support them... Glory hunters... But no, that's totaly normal)..
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion