You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Bayern München's Miscellaneous

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: Bayern München's Miscellaneous

Postby quaazi » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:19 pm

munichfan wrote:(hence why some clubs have implemented an SMS-system by which you can complain to the stewards about those sitting around you)

Wow, that really exists!?
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby munichfan » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:27 pm

quaazi wrote:
munichfan wrote:(hence why some clubs have implemented an SMS-system by which you can complain to the stewards about those sitting around you)

Wow, that really exists!?

Yup, Arsenal has it, for example.

I'm sure there will be a lot of complaints the stewards will receive as a result of standing Bayern fans and other things many continental fans still do/hang on to.

Sunderland is another example: recently 38 season tickets were cancelled, because their owners stood up after Sunderland scored goals.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012 ... tanding-up
munichfan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCB general » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:45 pm

munichfan wrote:Dynamic atmospheres and crowds intimidating their opponents is a thing of the past; it only requires one flare nowadays for the media and officials to talk about rioting and hooligans.

Their dream are stadia full of people remaining quiet (hence why some clubs have implemented an SMS-system by which you can complain to the stewards about those sitting around you) and consuming as much food and merchandise as possible whilst they attend the game. Entertainment is to come from the loud speakers, not from crowds and the best thing would be for different people being in the crowds each game, ensuring maximum consumption.

Direct hit! =D>

That's one of the main reasons why football is not the same as it was. That's a bad future, neoliberal capitalism on stadiums. Disgusting...

Imagine when Uefa comes to Munich and say that 71k people can't watch the game because 'security' or should I say theater audience.

It's funny how a small group of Dortmund fans this season was only loud at Etihad stadium while hosts were so quiet and just watched and talked during the match.

I'm not suprised why people like to go watch kleine Bayern at Grünwalder Straße in 3. and Regionalliga, cheer and even get themselves into fight with opponents fans. It's disgrace that fans are looking for passion and great atmosphere in lower divisons where semi-pro teams are playing. :roll:
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby MoFattal » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:08 pm

munichfan wrote:They're thwarting any possibility of what you would have called "match day fun" a few years back and that's what my question was based upon. Do you guys reckon the trend will ever die out? My opinion is that only then, football would be able to go back to what it once was.

That's a valid point. However, giving the recent praise for the German footballing system as a whole (fan experience, tickets, financial soundness, etc.) and the relative success it's been gaining over the continent, I tend to see many other countries adopting similar procedures in order to copy such success. Even the EPL hardcores, Wenger for example, are full of praise of the German model and all agree that there's where the future lies. I think Germany would be the leader in the football revolution which I expect to be seen in the not-so-distant future.

This might as well be wishful thinking, though, as Germany might as well be the one shifting towards the EPL model (especially when it comes to fan experience as we saw with the recent set of rules) and not the other way around.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCB general » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:27 pm

In first 2 seasons on Allianz Arena, fans were really enjoying. After that, I remember that the best atmosphere was in match against Real Madrid 2006/07 where entire stadium was so loud like never before and after, with red-white flags in hands, cheering and specially after 10 second goal of Roy Makaay... God, I wanted to smash my TV how amazing was entire ambience on AA and I'm not part of it. :P

Clubs want to earn money, but they can't so easily kick-out Ultras because despite everything, even Ultras represent somethin' to 'customers' on stadiums and without them again it's not the same thing to go watch certain match there.

They(board of the clubs) are very cunning, but they won't for long. I'm sure that time will come where board will need to decide, 100% customers and 0% fans. Stadiums are getting more and more quieter, including our as well. :)

Herz und seele(heart and soul) remained at Olympiastadion, while money had come at Allianz(some call it Arrogant) Arena.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby MoFattal » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:34 pm

Well, I believe that this is more a matter of fans organization. There will always be non-Ultras attending matchdays, and that's perfectly normal and reasonable if you ask me. However, it would be a good idea having these newbies given a set of instructions on cheering, chanting, etc. This would make the experience much better for everybody on and off the pitch.

A good example would be the Dortmund home games. They sure have their Ultra groups of that standing wall, but the rest of the non-Ultras almost always join for cheering as if it was orchestrated beforehand. I think they have better fan management than us, even though we should be the leaders in that field.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby FCB general » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:37 pm

MoFattal wrote:A good example would be the Dortmund home games. They sure have their Ultra groups of that standing wall, but the rest of the non-Ultras almost always join for cheering as if it was orchestrated beforehand. I think they have better fan management than us, even though we should be the leaders in that field.

Yeah... Dortmund are no. 1 in Germany. We are 3rd or 4th, in front of us are S04 and even HSV, who have fantastic support during entire match.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby munichfan » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:45 pm

MoFattal wrote:Well, I believe that this is more a matter of fans organization. There will always be non-Ultras attending matchdays, and that's perfectly normal and reasonable if you ask me. However, it would be a good idea having these newbies given a set of instructions on cheering, chanting, etc. This would make the experience much better for everybody on and off the pitch.

A good example would be the Dortmund home games. They sure have their Ultra groups of that standing wall, but the rest of the non-Ultras almost always join for cheering as if it was orchestrated beforehand. I think they have better fan management than us, even though we should be the leaders in that field.

You cannot forget that Bayern has (by choice of the board) the SMALLEST standing area in the Bundesliga, with just 1800 places. Support comes from the standing area and it is no surprise that Dortmund is particularly loud with their "Yellow Wall" consisting of 25,000 season ticket holders (or most of them are, at least).

For the fact that Munich's Südkurve doesn't have the best of parameters, they're really quite good. You'll find photos of the Südkurve from the individual matches here: www.suedkurve-muenchen.org.
munichfan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MoFattal » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:51 pm

Yeah, that's surely another factor. But, my point is that it would be nice to give the new-coming fans a heads-up about what they could do in terms of cheering that would make their experience even more enjoyable. It might as well need only a piece of paper to do so. The only time I see our fans in sync is after the speaker shouts a player's name. Other than that, it's all the Sudkurve.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby munichfan » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:10 pm

MoFattal wrote:Yeah, that's surely another factor. But, my point is that it would be nice to give the new-coming fans a heads-up about what they could do in terms of cheering that would make their experience even more enjoyable. It might as well need only a piece of paper to do so. The only time I see our fans in sync is after the speaker shouts a player's name. Other than that, it's all the Sudkurve.

Agreed, that would be a method to improve things. However, the situation in Munich is slightly difficult.

The fans in the other stands don't want to have much to do with Bayernfans from the Südkurve. There have been attempts of placing Südkurvenfans in other sections, however that didn't help.

In fact, there even has been a "song book" published on two occasions in the past, however it A) Didn't work during the game, because the people sitting outside of the Südkurve are simply not interested and B) those who were interested weren't there for the next game, as a result of the crowds constantly being comprised of different people.

This type of flyer would cost money, don't forget - and that unfortunately would not be something the board is willing to invest in.

It's really great to hear you guys notice and think about this issue!
munichfan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby lau03143 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:13 pm

MoFattal wrote:Yeah, that's surely another factor. But, my point is that it would be nice to give the new-coming fans a heads-up about what they could do in terms of cheering that would make their experience even more enjoyable. It might as well need only a piece of paper to do so. The only time I see our fans in sync is after the speaker shouts a player's name. Other than that, it's all the Sudkurve.

You can't give fans rules on how to create an atmosphere, that's just to practical at all. It's up to the individula how they support the club.

I'm not Germna, I can barely mutter a few German phrases other than "Zwei Bier bitte", but in this day an age, with Youtube and the likes of eBay. I've been able to learn words to songs, and buy CD's of club songs etc.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby quaazi » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:38 pm

The only football matches I frequently visit are my national team's, and I gotta say, non-ultra participation is not an issue there nor has it ever been. I guess the difference with club football is that a) everyone identifies themselves with the team, and b) the national team isn't marketed.

Does Bayern have cheaper tickets for München residents than for "outsiders"? That could help a bit.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby munichfan » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:42 pm

quaazi wrote:Does Bayern have cheaper tickets for München residents than for "outsiders"? That could help a bit.

There's a 2,50€ reduction on tickets for members and there's 100 tickets for U21-Bayernfans in the Südkurve for every home game.
munichfan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby quaazi » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:48 pm

Yeah, but that's for people already in the system. It won't really help with getting new locals identify themselves with the club to make them keep coming back and getting an idea about proper stadium atmosphere. That's one of the problems, as I understood, the "one-time visitor".
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MoFattal » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:05 pm

munichfan wrote:In fact, there even has been a "song book" published on two occasions in the past, however it A) Didn't work during the game, because the people sitting outside of the Südkurve are simply not interested and B) those who were interested weren't there for the next game, as a result of the crowds constantly being comprised of different people.

Aha, good to know that. Well, there might be some other ways to do so perhaps. Maybe having a certain fan leading group in every section would help pump it up a bit and give those "shy" voices the required momentum to go all out and cheer :D

lau03143 wrote:You can't give fans rules on how to create an atmosphere, that's just to practical at all. It's up to the individula how they support the club.

Of course you can't. I didn't mean "rules" per se, it's more of a cheering guideline. Maybe not all of the non-ultras are interested in following certain chants, however there must be at least a good portion of those who are willing to. After all, a non-regular attendee or a one-time visitor would be more willing to involve in such experience than simply sitting around. Though, maybe it's a bit biased position, because that's what I would do if I managed to attend a game.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion