You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Bayern München's Miscellaneous

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: Bayern München's Miscellaneous

Postby brickwall281 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:29 pm

quaazi wrote:He fails a lot, doesn't he. :D

Gomez more!
:pep: Gooby Pls :pep:
brickwall281
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iraq
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCB general » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:02 pm

Oh God, I miss those times a lot... :cry:
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby SilentStrike » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:19 pm

FCB general wrote:

Oh God, I miss those times a lot... :cry:

I clicked on play with the intention to skim through it as I thought I would never watch a 21 minute video during these exam times...

I watched it all and loved every second of it. Damn what a match. And we had such fighters back then...
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby quaazi » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:17 pm

Haha that dive to get 1860 their penalty made me laugh out loud.

in fact the 1860 dude were going down real easily all game.
Last edited by quaazi on Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCB general » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:27 pm

SilentStrike wrote:I clicked on play with the intention to skim through it as I thought I would never watch a 21 minute video during these exam times...
I watched it all and loved every second of it. Damn what a match. And we had such fighters back then...

Every single player had something special in himself unlike these guys today. That atmosphere on stadium, that heart on the field... No wonder why they have become legends and icons of Bayern. You can't decide which guy was crazier than others.

Amazing... We can't compare that football with this today's modern game. I really miss these guys, that Bundesliga charm, everything.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby quaazi » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:38 pm

I know what you mean, there is something... different about that era of Bayern. Maybe it ended with the Allianz move, I don't know. I still remember that spirit when I started to watch in the early 2000s.
The ideal team

quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCB general » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:53 pm

It's not just about Bayern, it's about entire football. After 2003 everything has changed in football, specially after WC 2006. When we look at the quality of national leagues, they've become more predictable, not so competitive like before.

I watched WC 98' video and when you watch all these legends, great players, goals, matches, stadium atmosphere... People breathed football totally.

Simply, too many things are missing today. When you recall Roberto Carlos banana free kick or Mario Basler show with 1860 coach Werner Lorant, Kahn kung-fu kick, Zidane shot against Leverkusen, Il Fenomeno during Inter period, Laudrup joking on the football field...

People lived every day for those things. Damn, no wonder why some people still play Championship Manager 01/02.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby quaazi » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:18 pm

Maybe it was the whole Real Madrid Galactico initiative that changed the "feel" of football, it seems to coincide well.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCB general » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:27 pm

quaazi wrote:Maybe it was the whole Real Madrid Galactico initiative that changed the "feel" of football, it seems to coincide well.

In my view, it was the Bosman rule and Real Madrid in year 2000 is the culmination of all that related to Bosman and I can agree with you, even say that's not coincidence.

Salaries, transfer fees, player's state of mind after all of that has changed. Lahm and Schweini one day can't become such legends as Kahn, Matthäus, Effenberg, Scholl or Basler. It's just something what you can feel no matter how many titles or individual awards they win.

Older people who have watched football in 90's or even earlier, in 80's and 70's, they know the differences. I'm happy that I was part of 90's and really enjoyed perhaps in the best football years ever.

I can't say that everything is bad today, no. But I can say that I don't feel that fire, emotions and passion for football like I did have in 90's and early 2000's. For older fans everything is better before 2002.

This biiiiig money has ruined almost everything. Nobody is suprised with banners on stadiums "Against Mod€rn football".
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby AssemFCB » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:32 pm

I think Schalke's president or manager scored the first goal for the lesser Munchen team.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby lau03143 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:39 pm

Football was a lot more exciting 20 years ago. It was a lot more attacking, end to end non-stop.

I think it's coincided with the massive increase in money in football. Clubs were only generally only playing for the honour of winning. Now it's the millions that go with it. There's too much to loose by playing open expansive football.

The greatest team nowadays appear to play open football, but they don't really. They harry and press a lot, playing short passing etc. But back in the day, it was end to end, fast bursting runs.

I'm being nostalgic!
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby munichfan » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:33 am

FCB general wrote:This biiiiig money has ruined almost everything. Nobody is suprised with banners on stadiums "Against Mod€rn football".

I couldn't agree more.

However, it seems as if the football industry is growing by the day.

What do you guys think? It's always been a sport for the masses, but do you reckon the current trend will last forever?

Would be interested in the international opinion here.
munichfan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MoFattal » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:48 am

It is actually growing by the day. The current international reach is amazing. Old people are interested, young ones are interested, and so are the ladies. Football has always been the sport of the masses, and that notion is being proved on a larger scale with every passing day.

The quality of football has definitely been negatively affected by the rise of money bags, as competition has been limited to a handful of clubs, with the other struggling for financial break-even to say the least. However, with the impending FFP, as well as the serious focus on youth nurturing, I am of the view that the football of old times will re-emerge as the role of money will be undersized with every passing year. Increase in the number of competitive teams as a result of FFP (if implemented, of course), coupled with the ever-increasing spread of football fans worldwide, pose for a golden era approaching on the horizon.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby lau03143 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:32 pm

However, look at the price rises in British football. It costs close to £30 for an average SPL game.

It's pricing out the masses. Heck, Arsenals prices are obscene.

With the amount of money being made through TV revenue and merchandising, they could keep match day tickets low enough so that's actually a sport for the masses.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby munichfan » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:53 pm

lau03143 touches upon a point which I had hoped to read.

While I agree with most you say, MoFattal, in my opinion FFF will not change much in the football culture. Part of "modern football" is the different "customers" in stadia - yes, customers. Not (only) fans. The average age of attendance in Britain is 49 years. Dynamic atmospheres and crowds intimidating their opponents is a thing of the past; it only requires one flare nowadays for the media and officials to talk about rioting and hooligans.

Their dream are stadia full of people remaining quiet (hence why some clubs have implemented an SMS-system by which you can complain to the stewards about those sitting around you) and consuming as much food and merchandise as possible whilst they attend the game. Entertainment is to come from the loud speakers, not from crowds and the best thing would be for different people being in the crowds each game, ensuring maximum consumption.

The latter point would also ensure people wouldn't complain about the atmosphere, because it's an impressive feeling whenever you walk into a 50,000-person-stadium for the first time and the crowd would have no previous experience to compare to.

It's obvious that the players then don't have the same mentality as before, when they don't see the loyalty of fans towards their club, the emotions, etc. They literally see the clubs as employers and not as a sports club they are proud to represent.

They're thwarting any possibility of what you would have called "match day fun" a few years back and that's what my question was based upon. Do you guys reckon the trend will ever die out? My opinion is that only then, football would be able to go back to what it once was.
munichfan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion