You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Bayern München's Miscellaneous

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: Bayern München's Miscellaneous

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:03 am

Today is Ash Wednesday and the start of the forty days of Lent before Easter for all Christians... but not a single mention on any of the Bayern social media up to now...
What strikes me is; that when it comes to other Religions, they do mention it and do it in a big pompous fashion....
Another indication of the Political correctness which is killing the western civilization... [-X
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:12 am

Dude, relax...

First of all tere was a big catastrophe yesterday, so no one is focusing on religion today...

Second of all: do they really? I never noticed...

And finally: you don't need to remember any Christian of that I assume... Heck, I'm probably as far from being religious as it gets, but even I don't eat meat today... :lol:
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:18 am

Not because I am a fanatic or a saint but it hurts that they give prominance to Ramadan and all jewish festivities (and rightly so) and not your own...

And sweets as well:twisted:
But is fish ok?:twisted:
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:27 am

I just think you're reading too much into it... This is a Bavarian club, they probably have a daily sermon... :P
Also, Lent is not really as prominent as Christmas and Easter... And they never miss those... ;)

Well, my grandparents were kinda religious, my mom is somehow... And they always eat fish today as well as on Good Friday... I'm going easy on sweets anyways atm, since I'm on a diet, trying to prepare for MAYBE starting to play again :mrgreen: :P (afraid to get injured again though - not getting any younger :mrgreen: #-o )
Some people don't drink, others don't do sweets... I think as always with fasting, it depends on what you yourself want to abstain from... In my case it's only today and Good Friday... :P :D
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:50 am

#12 wrote:I just think you're reading too much into it... This is a Bavarian club, they probably have a daily sermon... :P
Also, Lent is not really as prominent as Christmas and Easter... And they never miss those... ;)

Well, my grandparents were kinda religious, my mom is somehow... And they always eat fish today as well as on Good Friday... I'm going easy on sweets anyways atm, since I'm on a diet, trying to prepare for MAYBE starting to play again :mrgreen: :P (afraid to get injured again though - not getting any younger :mrgreen: #-o )
Some people don't drink, others don't do sweets... I think as always with fasting, it depends on what you yourself want to abstain from... In my case it's only today and Good Friday... :P :D

I do it every Wed and Fri however the most important are today, Lady of Sorrows and Good Friday our religion is a relaxed one8-)
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:01 pm

I'm not that knowledgeable about other religions but I believe when it comes to Islam (for example) they only post on Eid, which is closer to the Christian Easter (end of Lent) than Ash Wednesday. If that's the case there's no difference - they post about Easter too.

That said it's also a marketing strategy to make us more attractive to Middle East fans more than anything, so even if they did discriminate it would be expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:13 pm

I don't think God will care if you eat meat or not....
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby JANCKER » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:27 am

Fasting helps... scientifically proved. Meat isn't that healthy either... unless if it's barbecued pork ribs with sauce mMmm... OT ftw :P
But anyway seafood is delicious and the best for these occasions... and any other occasion. =P~
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:05 am

Haha i always joke about this...as if it is a big sacrifice to eat sea food:lol:
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:10 am

Squawka ranks the 2013 Bayern team as the second-best out of the 23 winning sides in the CL era, behind 2011 Barcelona. [source]

The 2001 team is ranked 20th. The public vote is less favourable, with the 2013 team currently in fifth place and 2001 as the worst of all.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:12 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Squawka ranks the 2013 Bayern team as the second-best out of the 23 winning sides in the CL era, behind 2011 Barcelona. [source]

The 2001 team is ranked 20th. The public vote is less favourable, with the 2013 team currently in fifth place and 2001 as the worst of all.

Bullshit. No team in history was ever as dominant across all competitions as were Bayern 2012/13. Barcelona 2010/11 doesn't even come close.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:35 am

I would rank our 2013 team as first too, but I consider it acceptable to choose the Barca team instead. Saying that United in 2008 were better is a joke though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:28 am

I don't really know where else to post this, but... this season, we've hit the five goal mark in five games: our first BuLi game v Hamburg, our game against Wolfsburg (until then thought to be our toughest game this season), our game v Arsenal, our game v Dortmund and our game v Zagreb. Apart from the Zagreb game, I'd call all those matches high pressure games. Scoring-wise, we've mostly had difficulty against smaller teams. Also, all those five games? Home games.

In a way, it assures me that we can make it happen against the toughest of teams at home (read: Juve second leg).
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:45 am

quaazi wrote:I don't really know where else to post this, but... this season, we've hit the five goal mark in five games: our first BuLi game v Hamburg, our game against Wolfsburg (until then thought to be our toughest game this season), our game v Arsenal, our game v Dortmund and our game v Zagreb. Apart from the Zagreb game, I'd call all those matches high pressure games. Scoring-wise, we've mostly had difficulty against smaller teams. Also, all those five games? Home games.

In a way, it assures me that we can make it happen against the toughest of teams at home (read: Juve second leg).

It would take a brave man to predict Bayern scoring 5 against Juventus in the 2nd leg though, wouldn't you say? You're right about the high pressure games but the defence of Juventus is tighter, especially for the 2nd leg where all of their injured players bar Caceres are expected to be back.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:51 pm

I'm tempted to predict us scoring 2-3 goals on Tuesday actually. :P Risky I know.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion