You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Bayern München's Miscellaneous

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: Bayern München's Miscellaneous

Postby runaway » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:26 pm

I'd take quality of conversation versus quantity. From experience, Ronaldo is talked about either in comparison to Messi or will he ever go back to United. :lol:

via Tapatalk
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby ottackon » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:06 pm

Best performing players per position, since January 1st
http://www.football-observatory.com/IMG ... 05_eng.pdf

The CIES (Centre International d'Etude du Sport) study assessed players in La Liga, the Premier League, the Bundesliga, Ligue 1 and Serie A according to six Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) -- shooting, chance creation, take-ons, distribution, recovery and rigour.

- Shooting: ability to take advantage of goal opportunities through accurate shooting
- Chance creation: ability to put teammates in a good position to score
- Take on: ability to create dangerous situations by successfully challenging opponents
- Distribution: ability to keep a hold on the game through efficient passing
- Recovery: ability to minimise goal opportunities for opponents through proficient interception work
- Rigour: ability to minimise goal opportunities for opponents through robust duelling

Barcelona star Messi, who has scored 17 goals in La Liga since Jan. 1, rated as the most effective forward, the argentine's closest competitor was Bayern Munich star Arjen Robben who netted 7 goals and provided 4 assists in 2015 so far.

ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby ottackon » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:33 am

More details about Bayern's upcoming summer tour in China

Dates : from 16 to 24 July 2015
Opponents : Valencia, Inter Milan, and Guangzhou Evergrande
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby ottackon » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:47 pm

ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby runaway » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:04 am

7 players on GoalImpact's Top 50 players list. Müller first, Götze is the youngest, Neuer, Schweinsteiger, Robben, Their algorithm tries to measure players' contributions to their teams.

Can't see tweet? Click here!

When interpreting Goalimpact value, keep the example of average speed in mind. It doesn't tell you the 'maximum speed' ('talent') of the player and it doesn't tell you the current speed ('form'). Instead it tells you the average performance the player actually had. The score may be low for many reasons, the player is just bad is only one of many possible explanations. Maybe he was just very unlucky, or the Manager played him in a position that didn't fit him (imagine Messi as goalkeeper as an extreme example) or maybe he played through a slight injury.
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby RedQueen » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:17 am

Kampl ahead of Ronaldo? Seriously?
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby runaway » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:23 am

If you consider that RM would still win a lot of their games w/o Ronaldo's goals then it makes sense. Kampl however, was vital for RB Salzburg team like we saw in our friendly against them. It's not about individual stats but his contribution to his team. Ronaldo was on top of their list last year.
High Goalimpact scores provide easier conclusions. If a player has a high score, than we can conclude, with confidence, that he has/had a high contribution to his team. Meaning, under similar playing conditions, he is likely to have a high impact. To conclude that a player with a high value must be good is easier than to conclude that a low value makes a bad player. That said, even a high score can be the result of a very lucky player. It is just statistics, after all!

The cause of Ronaldo dropping from 1st place to 21st:
Can't see tweet? Click here!
Last edited by runaway on Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:40 am, edited 5 times in total.
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby MUTU » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:24 am

RedQueen wrote:Kampl ahead of Ronaldo? Seriously?

At least it's a player we heard of. I never heard of Stefan Ilsanker and he's also better than Cristiano Ronaldo according to this list. ](*,)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby runaway » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:31 am

MUTU wrote:At least it's a player we heard of. I never heard of Stefan Ilsanker and he's also better than Cristiano Ronaldo

The guy is a DM/CB apparently. It doesn't overvalue attackers over defenders and goalkeepers, then it's a model worth keeping an eye on for me personally.
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby RedQueen » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:44 am

I don't get how Lahm could be on #2 on their Ballon D'Or list in November with a GI of 194 and now he isn't even among the top 100? GI dropped by almost 40 points within five months?

And what about the peak GI - I thought that was some sort of potential GI? How can that drop significantly within such a short time span?
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:49 am

RedQueen wrote:I don't get how Lahm could be on #2 on their Ballon D'Or list in November with a GI of 194 and now he isn't even among the top 100? GI dropped by almost 40 points within five months?

And what about the peak GI - I thought that was some sort of potential GI? How can that drop significantly within such a short time span?

"Former Top50-Players no longer that dropped out of the Top100. That is partly due to the change in algorithm, partly due to age or lower performance:"

Why age is a factor in determining who are the top 50 players in the world is beyond my understanding.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby RedQueen » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:58 am

As long as age doesn't affect performance, it shouldn't factor in at all.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby runaway » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:18 am

The drop is due to his injury where he missed months. Like with Ronaldo, the decrease in impact went to his teammates who are playing. Boateng, Neuer, Gotze, Muller, Robben increased their GIs from their Feb 2014 to April 2015 while Lahm and Schweinsteiger's dropped. Is it what we saw in the pitch this season? Yes. Neuer, Müller, and Robben were key players for Bayern. Add to that Lewa and then there's Götze.

Player X didn't play since three months. Yet his Goalimpact still changed. What happend?
The Goalimpact of a player depends on the Goalimpacts of his team mates and opponents. If he doesn't play his Goalimpact will usually not change dramatically, but it can change indirectly because the other players Goalimpacts changed.

Example: When Bayern München won the 2012/2013 Champions League semi final over FC Barcelona with a 7:0 aggregate, the Goalimpact of Javier Mascherano increased. He missed both games due to a knee injury, so his Goalimpact was not directly affected by these games. However, the Goalimpact of his team mates dropped a bit due to this high defeat. In turn, past victories are now attributed a little bit more to Mascheranos presence on the field and hence his Goalimpact increased.

RedQueen wrote:what about the peak GI - I thought that was some sort of potential GI? How can that drop significantly within such a short time span?

Not sure who the player that had a massive drop in Peak GI. If it was Ronaldo, as the author said, his decrease in GI is because his teammates had increase in theirs.

MUTU wrote:Why age is a factor in determining who are the top 50 players in the world is beyond my understanding.

It wasn't. But age has an effect to a players' performance with a natural decline plus injuries, it affects his consequent contribution to his team.
Last edited by runaway on Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby RedQueen » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:33 am

...If he doesn't play his Goalimpact will usually not change dramatically

I would call a drop from 194 to 156 "dramatic". What dramatic things have happened to Lahm's teammates from November to now? The most dramatic things that come to mind were the win over Donezk and the defeat to Wolfsburg. According to the Mascherano example, the first should increase his GI and the second should lower it. How a drop by 38 points comes to pass according to that logic is beyond me.

And again, exactly what's the difference between the Peak GI and the current GI?
Last edited by RedQueen on Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:33 am

...If he doesn't play his Goalimpact will usually not change dramatically

I would call a drop from 194 to 156 "dramatic". What dramatic things have happened to Lahm's teammates from November to now? The most dramatic things that come to mind was the win over Donezk and the defeat to Wolfsburg. According to the Mascherano example, the first should increase his GI and the second should lower it. How a drop by 38 points comes to pass according to that logic is beyond me.

And again, exactly what's the difference between the Peak GI and the current GI?
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion