You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Bayern Fan Clubs

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: Bayern Fan Clubs

Postby Karl » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:29 am

Stigger wrote:
Jetpilot12 wrote:Trying to create one possibly in the Boston area.. Unless there is already one I dont know About

I'm in!

Even though this post is almost a year old, I'm down as well.
Karl
First post

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sterndessudens » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:22 pm

Well since I do some of the admin work behind the Australian Bayern fan club (red kangaroos Australia), there's a lot of promotion going on to get these fanclubs started if you plan to start your own.

1. Deciding on a name and the amount of interest from supporters from the area. There's supporters out there- try and find supporters using social media.
2. Organising with a local sports bar venue or a place that has the games shown live. This may be difficult for some bars as they aren't willing to pay extra for bundesliga coverage, or even Pokal and CL matches. German restaurants around the area would be a great way to advertise events.
3. Marketing the fanclub- flyers for live games at the sports bar, banners etc.
4. Interacting with fanclub members- annual events such as a fundraising day, live games etc.
5. Growth of fanclub members- that should be done by either word of mouth and also events

It takes quite a long time to get things running and established. Most of the time is spent on marketing and presenting flyers on backpacker areas, university billboards and wherever possible. For us in Australia, its growing quite well and our only flaw is the time zone difference to watch live games. Our finances come from some fundraising events such as selling bratwurst and mainly our Bayern futsal team in which I play in and partially organise.

When I went to Singapore with SouthernStar late last year, there wasn't a proper fanclub established there but they had Paulaner over there which was the established Bayern supporters area thanks to the owner whose also a Bayern fan. That made things easier over there although we did some amount of advertising there
FC Bayern, Stern des Südens, du wirst niemals untergehn...

Mehmet Scholl once offered a mixtape CD to Oliver Kahn. Kahn replied: Do you want me to shoot myself? Keep your crap to yourself.
sterndessudens
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Australia

Postby munichfan » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:08 am

Before setting up a new fanclub which ends up being inactive and quiet, with the founding members ordering tickets and then selling them on the black market, I suggest you guys have a look around to see if there are any existing fan clubs to collaborate with. It also has the bonus of start-up-help. The US already has eight official groups!

Australia is a good example: Red Kangaroos are active, have 15+ posts a day in their Facebook group and watch matches together in pubs ACROSS Australia. The only other Australian fanclub... seemingly inactive and never heard of.
munichfan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MBP728 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:47 am

I just recently found a German restaurant in Philadelphia that does Bundesliga on Saturdays. The place has great food and a great selection of beers so I'm excited to check out how they do things on Saturdays. Maybe I'll meet some other Bayern fans in my area.
MBP728
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sterndessudens » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:42 am

There are bigger Bayern fanclubs out there- the 1 in Jakarta Indonesia has more members than us in Australia but they cannot use their Paulaner in Grand Indonesia as a meeting place. Instead, they do it at some coffee shop that's in another shopping centre which is quite unfortunate.

German restaurants are great starting points for finding Bayern members, and plus the owner/manager could also be a Bayern fan which gives an advantage for hosting games
FC Bayern, Stern des Südens, du wirst niemals untergehn...

Mehmet Scholl once offered a mixtape CD to Oliver Kahn. Kahn replied: Do you want me to shoot myself? Keep your crap to yourself.
sterndessudens
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Australia

Postby samaj » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:40 am

People anyone knows a Bayern Fanclub, or atleast a place where Bayern fans watch games in UK. or specifically Portmsouth?
"My Heart Is Here.
My Heart Is Red." -Schweinsteiger
samaj
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Robb3449 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:37 pm

MBP728 wrote:I just recently found a German restaurant in Philadelphia that does Bundesliga on Saturdays. The place has great food and a great selection of beers so I'm excited to check out how they do things on Saturdays. Maybe I'll meet some other Bayern fans in my area.

What the name of the restaurant? There's a good chance I'll be in Philly in two weeks and would love to be able to go somewhere to watch some BUndesliga and possibly Bayern.
Reggie Jackson (of the 1977 NY Yankees) when asked, "What's the biggest thing you've noticed (about the team) since being injured?" " The magnitude of ME!"
Robb3449
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tflags » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:00 am

MBP728 wrote:I just recently found a German restaurant in Philadelphia that does Bundesliga on Saturdays.

South Street?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MBP728 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:27 am

Robb3449 wrote:
MBP728 wrote:I just recently found a German restaurant in Philadelphia that does Bundesliga on Saturdays. The place has great food and a great selection of beers so I'm excited to check out how they do things on Saturdays. Maybe I'll meet some other Bayern fans in my area.

What the name of the restaurant? There's a good chance I'll be in Philly in two weeks and would love to be able to go somewhere to watch some BUndesliga and possibly Bayern.

The name of the restaurant is Brauhaus Schmitz and yes, it is on South Street.
http://www.brauhausschmitz.com/
The owner is a Köln fan but I wore my Bayern jersey there the other night and no one said anything. It's a nice little place and I highly recommend it for anyone in the Philly area. Great menu and great beer!
MBP728
Getting the hang of it

Postby Salkin » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:12 pm

Hi,
we have recently started a fan club in Sweden "FC Bayern Schweden Fans". At this moment
we are 40 members, and we are hoping to become more :)
Salkin
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby MBP728 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:55 pm

tflags wrote:
MBP728 wrote:I just recently found a German restaurant in Philadelphia that does Bundesliga on Saturdays.

South Street?

Have you been there, tflags?
MBP728
Getting the hang of it

Postby tflags » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:49 am

South Street? Not in a while. I don't think they were open when I frequented. You in Philly or around the area?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MBP728 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:22 pm

Yeah, I have lived in the Philadelphia area for the majority of my life. I live about 45 minutes away now. That is without getting stuck in traffic of course. #-o
MBP728
Getting the hang of it

Postby Schwieny-31 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:31 am

Is there any fan clubs in jordan?
Schwieny-31
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby Element » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:35 am

Schwieny-31 wrote:Is there any fan clubs in jordan?

Not officially
But jordanian Bayern fans make some activities via kooora.com

Last CL , around 130 bayern fans went out together wearing Bayern Kits to watch a match
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion