You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Attending Bayern games

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: Attending Bayern games

Postby Badger » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:18 pm

Our pre-match eating and drinking was Leberkaese-Semmeln and Paulaner. The only permissible drink is Paulaner - since they sponsor Bayern. :-) There's a nice little market-type area just down from the Rathaus, where various snacks like that can be bought.

As for places to see, my favourites included the Olympia Stadium, where I attended Bayern matches in the late 1990s, and the nearby BMW museum.

Enjoy the game...
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby DerKaiser » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:24 pm

Marienplatz is a traditional gathering point for fans of both teams and usually lots of fun! There are quite a few pubs around there. One of my favourite is http://www.kiliansirishpub.com/directions.php
or http://www.weisses-brauhaus.de/anfahrt.de.php?node=71&lang=de for bavarian food
Last edited by DerKaiser on Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Statistics are like miniskirts . What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Tedesco » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:26 pm

Badger wrote:Our pre-match eating and drinking was Leberkaese-Semmeln and Paulaner. The only permissible drink is Paulaner - since they sponsor Bayern. :-) There's a nice little market-type area just down from the Rathaus, where various snacks like that can be bought.

The place is called Viktualienmarkt. Indeed a very good place to get some beer and snacks.
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby quaazi » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:10 am

Badger wrote:The only permissible drink is Paulaner - since they sponsor Bayern.

Hate to admit it, but I like Franziskaner more.

I know, I know...
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:36 am

DerKaiser wrote:Marienplatz is a traditional gathering point for fans of both teams and usually lots of fun! There are quite a few pubs around there. One of my favourite is http://www.kiliansirishpub.com/directions.php
or http://www.weisses-brauhaus.de/anfahrt.de.php?node=71&lang=de for bavarian food

and this week you can visit the bar i work at http://www.1912-restaurant.de/anfahrt ask for Sean (tuesday till sunday) 17:00-1:00

You are bringing me nice memories and something to look forward to , hopefully I'll visit again this marvellous place. If I remember correctly I went to Weisses...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:18 am

quaazi wrote:
Badger wrote:The only permissible drink is Paulaner - since they sponsor Bayern.

Hate to admit it, but I like Franziskaner more.

I know, I know...

Are you trying to get BayernForum.com in a lawsuit? :P
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby hrosenberg33 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:22 am

Alright, so the trip ended with a great game on Saturday. I must say that I have to give a lot of credit to VIagogo for their excellent service and to be honest very reasonable prices.

The tickets were delivered to each one of our hotels before the game (we stayed at 2 different ones in Munich), a game day email was sent making sure that we had the tickets and an helpline number provided. The tickets worked flawlessly and as I said previously the prices were essentially book value plus shipping and a small fee. I have heard they will not be the official ticket supplier next season so my comments only relate to them being an official reseller.

As for game day rituals, going to Viktualienmarkt before the game was my favourite. Great food, great beer, great atmosphere.

Overall, Munich was once again a great experience and despite the one loss the games at Allianz were a blast. All FC Bayern fans should really make the trip!!! :D
hrosenberg33
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:51 am

Care to share some pics with us?
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby thephfactor » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:21 am

Unfortunately for me, a trip to Germany is not really in question in my current situation. I would really love to go, and definitely plan on doing so in the future, and watching a couple of Bayern games will be my #1 priority once I get there. For now, I'll have to take what I can get :?

Most of you probably saw that Bayern will be coming to the US to play the MLS All-Stars in a friendly next August in Portland, Oregon. I am really strongly considering a trip up there to catch the game and hang out in Portland. I know the game itself is almost guaranteed to be not so great, with the All-Stars already at a disadvantage with no team chemistry and general lower talent, and that perhaps Bayern won't send their essential (and my favorite) players, but I still think it's a good opportunity for me to watch my favorite teams, as well as big names in local football, playing actual football on an actual pitch. And maybe there will be an opportunity for me to meet the players, it's hard to imagine them just flying in and flying out without some sort of ceremony or something?

So I was wondering if any of you had any advice or suggestions for me about this. Do you recommend going to the game at all? Are any of you planning on going, or know of anybody else who is? It would be that much more awesome if I could hang out with other Bayern fans before/after the game, except I couldn't legally drink alcohol here in the US for another year at that point #-o . Now that I try to I can't think off the top of my head how many Americans I've actually seen on this forum...
thephfactor
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Robb3449 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:19 am

thephfactor wrote: So I was wondering if any of you had any advice or suggestions for me about this. Do you recommend going to the game at all? Are any of you planning on going, or know of anybody else who is? It would be that much more awesome if I could hang out with other Bayern fans before/after the game, except I couldn't legally drink alcohol here in the US for another year at that point #-o . Now that I try to I can't think off the top of my head how many Americans I've actually seen on this forum...

Don't know that I have much advice for you except, if you're flying there, book you're tickets early. For what it's worth, I would recommend going (especially if you've never seen them in person).

I am also strongly considering going to this game. I don't wanna miss the chance to see them play in the US regardless if none of the Bayern stars make the trip. Plus, I've been told that Portland is a really strange but cool city (if that makes any sense) and would like a chance to see for myself. I've looked into some flights and have found some very reasonable fares. Haven't looked into ticket prices (for the game) yet but, I don't think they would be outrageously expensive.

Their are plans for a few more matches in the States so I'm still waiting to see what might be announced. If a game is scheduled on the East Coast I'll probably go there as it is will be much closer to where I live.
Reggie Jackson (of the 1977 NY Yankees) when asked, "What's the biggest thing you've noticed (about the team) since being injured?" " The magnitude of ME!"
Robb3449
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Badger » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:56 am

This game is a US marketing excercise for Bayern, so I'd expect them to take most - and maybe all - of their stars along. If Bayern turn up with a second string of players, the lack of known stars and the disappointment for the fans could create the opposite effect to what they want from this campaign.

As a game, it will be a spectacle, but otherwise meaningless. They are likely to change nearly the whole team at half time, and there is nothing to play for. Friendlies are interesting when there is nothing else, but they almost never come up to the standard of even the least significant competitive game.

That said - anyone who has never seen Bayern, and has little chance of getting to Germany for a match, would probably find going to this one very worthwhile.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby hrosenberg33 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:43 pm

MUTU wrote:Care to share some pics with us?

As soon as my wife gets them off her phone I will! Do we have an area to post pics here (still a noob, sorry!)?
hrosenberg33
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby MUTU » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:44 pm

You should post them in the respective match thread.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby thephfactor » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:14 pm

Robb3449 wrote:I am also strongly considering going to this game. I don't wanna miss the chance to see them play in the US regardless if none of the Bayern stars make the trip. Plus, I've been told that Portland is a really strange but cool city (if that makes any sense) and would like a chance to see for myself. I've looked into some flights and have found some very reasonable fares. Haven't looked into ticket prices (for the game) yet but, I don't think they would be outrageously expensive.

Their are plans for a few more matches in the States so I'm still waiting to see what might be announced. If a game is scheduled on the East Coast I'll probably go there as it is will be much closer to where I live.

Yeah, I've heard Portland is a cool city and a couple of my friends who live there have already volunteered to show me around, so that would be another reason to go. I guess I won't really know for sure until they announce their other matches, but even then I might want to go to the Portland game because it seems like a more interesting place than say, Kansas City or whatever.
thephfactor
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:31 pm

If Bayern were to come to the East Coast then their is a good chance i would see them for the first time but i doubt i could make the trip to Portland
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion