You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Are we offically out of the big clubs league??..

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Are we offically out of the big clubs league??..

Postby shwas55 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:39 am

With the way this transfer window has been handled i have to say yes.
No new signings except Borowski on free transfer, Oddo on Loan and 35 years old second goal keeper that couldnt get a game in the Portuguese league..
We have failed to add any serious beef to our team, the team that drew with Bolton at home needed a late free kick to beat red star, made the luckiest escape in the world against a spanish team that i guarantee you half of the team themselves didnt even hear about before, and got crushed 4-0 in one of our worst displays for years.
To the Board it seemed as long as the team was good enough to win the Bundesliga thats all that matter.

Then they announce a new young coach is coming a coach who is gonna transfer this club to the new times, they promised reforms, they promised a new approach, the promised that Bayern will be challenging for the biggest Honor in Europe again after failing for the past 6 years of making it beyond the quarterfinals stage.
I got happy, my friends got happy, all the bayern supports thought finally the board will start seeing sense and move the club back where it belongs, we all were excited after the summer of 2007 when players like Ribery, Toni, and Klose joined the club but after a season where we won everything at home and didnt deserve to get to the semis in the Uefa cup everyone saw how much the team needed to invest to win the champions league again, hell to just even compete with the likes of Inter, Real Barcalona, Manchester, Chelsea.......
No one expected the club to go on spending spee like they did a summer ago but after all their promises we thought at least they will fix the weaknesses that were exposed so badly when we played in Europe. Slow defense, sh!t central midfield, all which could have been fixed in 2 signings 30 to 40 mils max, we all thought after their promises and after they saw how much money Ribery, Toni , and Klose made for the club just from selling Merchandise with their names on it, we all thought no problems they will bring good players to fix the weaknesses they wont cheap out of the market again, they promised when Klinsmann arrives it all will different.
Instead the Board stunned us by their decision NO MORE SIGNINGS, the team is good enough, we are to keep the same team that got crushed 4-0 against zenit that leaked goals against Gatafe, Bolton , Red star........
Now I know they will say no one wants to come to Bundesliga but they themselves proved that to be wrong a year earlier they signed ribery a player that every other club in the world will dream of having, same goes for Toni, and Klose.
We dont expect the club to go out and spend 70-100 mil every summer, but as a big club we expect them to go out and add quality and fix weaknesses every summer.
Look at Man u they won the CL last summer their board didnt come out to say we dont need any new players they signed Barbatov for 30 mil pounds, see they fixed their only weakness they had strikers but no finishers and thats what Barba is a finisher.

We all want Bayern to be the top team in the world or at the very least amongst the top teams in the world but im afraid with the current board that isnt possible.

If you read on sorry i took so much of your time
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Are we offically out of the big clubs league??..

Postby walter » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:18 am

I disagree...
We have an excellent team, there are weaknesses of course but look at this: We have perhaps the best left back in the wold (Lahm), the best goal-getter (Toni), an outstanding central defense (Lucio and Demichelis), one of the best wingers (Ribery), a decent CM (Ze is looking good, Borowski is a great talent...if we could only get rid of Van Bommel...), yes, it would be great to have Fabregas, Pirlo or even Ballack back, but how many teams can really boast having a world class CM???? not even Man U, or is Carrick or Hargreaves better than Ze or Borowski???? Man U is only better because they have Cristiano Ronaldo, a player so good that he can make a difference even at the highest level. These kind of players (Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Messi) are such rare gems that they'll never play for Bayern. We will never splash cash like Chelsea, Milan, and Real...
What we need is to develop good team chemistry and fighting spirit--here is were Klinsman can make a difference. If Klose can find back his form Bayern can be almost unstoppable. I say the team should actually focus more in developing youth talent (Arsenal style). We have great prospects in Kroos and Hummels and need to ensure that those players fulfill their promise. We also need better scouts that can recognize diamonds in the rough. I am not to happy with Sosa and Breno, who were brought here as the next messi and Lucio...money that, so far, was not well spent.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby shwas55 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:07 am

I didnt say our team was bad, but that we arnt good enough for top 4 in CL . you talked about team chemistry how we gonna have a team chemistry when our captain gets suspended all the time.
Ze is good but at 35 do you think he can handle a full season with 2 to 3 games a week??
I agree we have champion players in every position except the most important one the engine room our central midfield is just crap we wont be able to break defenses like inter, chelsea, man u, real......
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:21 am

Last time we were in the Champions League, we had a weaker team than this, and we still eliminated Real Madrid. It's a pity we had to then meet our bogey team (Milan). Monaco, Porto and Liverpool have all reached the final in recent years, and to say they had bigger names than us would not exactly be accurate.

There are more factors involved than just the quality of the players. Hopefully we can strengthen those. And with a slice of luck, we could have a good run in the CL.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MrLinky » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:47 am

MUTU wrote:Last time we were in the Champions League, we had a weaker team than this, and we still eliminated Real Madrid. It's a pity we had to then meet our bogey team (Milan). Monaco, Porto and Liverpool have all reached the final in recent years, and to say they had bigger names than us would not exactly be accurate.

There are more factors involved than just the quality of the players. Hopefully we can strengthen those. And with a slice of luck, we could have a good run in the CL.

100 % agree !
With just one good transfer in the winter transfer period , a good draw and a tiny bit of luck we can make it to the final .
Its true that we arent one of the top 4 contenders for the title but we still are one of the names that nobody would be
surprised if we won it .
Because at the end of the day we still are the FC Bayern and every big european squad is afaraid of the 'myth' that our
team carries .
Anybody knows that the Real Madrid fans nicknamed our team 'La Bestia Negra' cuz we crush Real every single time we meet them ?! :D 8) 8)

Edit : 'La Bestia Negra' means somethin like 'The Black/Dark Beast' for all of you who arent as familiar with spanish .
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby MaCk0y » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:01 am

Ze Roberto can handle 4 matches per week. I think he is the one who covers the most distance on the pitch!
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shwas55 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:36 am

Monaco, porto was a fluke, as for liverpool they dont have champion players but they are a champion team, with a good coach, are we like liverpool?? only time will tell.
I really hope we can make it to the finals and win the CL, but i just cant see it happening it unless we get a very very lucky draw and by that i mean not playing man u, chelsea, inter... etc till the semis
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:22 pm

I just wish that Van Bommel hadn't got that captaincy and we could get rid of him. He's a good player, but as mentioned above if he's suspended all the time he can't be a good captain. Someone like Schwieni or Lahm should've got it.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby walter » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:23 pm

MUTU wrote:Last time we were in the Champions League, we had a weaker team than this, and we still eliminated Real Madrid. It's a pity we had to then meet our bogey team (Milan)

Well, this time for sure we wont meet our bogey team... :D
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby MUTU » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:18 pm

walter wrote:
MUTU wrote:Last time we were in the Champions League, we had a weaker team than this, and we still eliminated Real Madrid. It's a pity we had to then meet our bogey team (Milan)

Well, this time for sure we wont meet our bogey team... :D

Not in the Champions League, but if we end up 3rd in the group stages, then we'd be demoted to the UEFA Cup, just the cup that Milan are playing in, so never say never ;)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorge » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:21 pm

I agree and disagree. Yes we are officially out of the big club's league, if that means that we have to become a Chelsea or Inter, teams stuffed with International Superstars but no connections to history or identity; but we are in the big club’s league if we can improve the cohesion of our roster, as some mentioned before we have the players, it comes down on when and how to field them. Sometimes I feel we lack a Defensive Mid with presence in front of our defense, sometimes I feel we need a world class creative attacking mid, but I am convinced these areas can be greatly improved with team work. In the game against Berlin I saw signs that we are heading in that direction. Once we have Ribery back, Oddo fully engaged and hopefully Klose finding his form, we will have even more options and I have no doubts we will challenge the “Big Clubs”, without becoming one of them. If Bayern gets stuffed with International Superstars at that point it will be same for me to root for Chelsea, Madrid or Inter.

As I said before, I have follow Bayern for over 30 years now (since the mid 70”s) and what I find unique is that Bayern has not lost its identity, even when globalization has changed the teams composition Bayern still has a solid German presence as well as Bavarian roots.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby walter » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:16 pm

Great post Jorge! I fully agree.
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby tigercup » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:25 pm

i really agree with jorge of the identity etc but if bayern lackk in central midfield than they need to get to the transfer market.If i Was klinsmann i would opted for german defensive midfield duo or khedira or rolfes two great dm with amazing defensive abilities and sometime score tooo.But Bayern just don't want to progress because they know that with a bit of luck every season they will end up with a trophy in germany so why spend money?General manager ulli hoenesss says.We just need that some billionaire like city's one gets in charge of a bundesliga squad like werder or shalke or hamburg and they bring superstars to play for them.then we will seee if bayern move in on the market.But talking about the current squad i think bayern challenge every team there is in champions league.Rensing lahm lucio micho oddo ribery schweini(centre) kroos or sosa podolski (left midfield) toni and klose i think bayern have what it takes to win the CL.Just hope we dont lose poldi or schweini in january because i heard rumours city want those two along with lahm.Is it true Kahn is a canditate to replace ulli hoenesss as a general manager???
tigercup
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby Jorge » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:59 pm

tigercup wrote:We just need that some billionaire like city's one gets in charge of a bundesliga squad like werder or shalke or hamburg and they bring superstars to play for them.then we will seee if bayern move in on the market....

Tigercup, I understand your passion and your desire to have Bayern matching every top European Club in every aspect, but no billionaire will get in charge of any Bundesliga squad, you probably need to read the article that I posted on the Miscellaneous forum about the BL and the EPLhttp://www.bayernforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2655. From this article: "German Clubs are public, multi-sports, non-profit organizations run by members" even when some millionaires (we don't have those Bi yet) invest in German Clubs they don't have a lot of power when it comes down to make decisions, the members represented by the directors have that power. I believe this system is not too attractive to Abramovic and Company so they will never come.

On the other hand the article portraits neatly the main difference: German Clubs are still Clubs, English clubs are Brands. If we don’t become Chelsea or Arsenal and we win the CL it will taste better.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby MaCk0y » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:05 pm

If we don’t become Chelsea or Arsenal and we win the CL it will taste better.

WOW! EXACTLY! That's what I think.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Next

Return to General Bayern Discussion