You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Are we offically out of the big clubs league??..

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: Are we offically out of the big clubs league??..

Postby shwas55 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:37 am

I never said we should become like Chelsea or inter..... people keep thinking that every time i speak about Bayern.
All im saying that big clubs always looking to improve and i gave an example of Man u who won the CL last year, and still added top striker to their list.

Big clubs dont want to become predictable, they always looking to reinvent themselves. Bayern On the other hand by the end of last year all teams had to do was to double team Ribery and we were out of the game.

I said it like 10 times before we just need small tweaks to become a contender again, and that doesnt have to be just new superstar signings. we signed Borowski and we are not playing him, the day we signed him i was happy because i thought VB is out, instead we guarantee him a spot by giving him the captaincy.

We could also change the tactics play with a player behind the strikers in 4-1-2-1-2 style (just an example)

We just needed a playmaker and DM to reinvent the club and play up to our standards, we have great players in nearly all the positions lets not ruin our chance of winning CL because of couple of a bad players that pulling this team down.
But i guess the Board wont act till they are hit by train just like in 2006 when we finished 4th.
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:39 am

Our team is run as a business. As it is now, it is not deemed feasible to invest heavily in order to have a better shot at the Champions League. As has been proven lately, money does not guarantee success. Just look at Chelsea, they spent so much money and they have never won it, even though they were so close to it last edition. If our Bundesliga opponents were to invest more money, Bayern would invest more money, all the Bundesliga clubs would start doing better in Europe, which in turn would mean more people would start being interested in the Bundesliga, and more TV revenue would come our way. Apart from TV revenue, we will gain more respect meaning that players that currently look down at the Bundesliga would be more interested in playing there. In a nutshell, I believe we are at the mercy of our opponents.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Jorge » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:23 pm

shwas55 wrote:I never said we should become like Chelsea or inter..... people keep thinking that every time i speak about Bayern.
I said it like 10 times before we just need small tweaks to become a contender again, and that doesnt have to be just new superstar signings. we signed Borowski and we are not playing him, the day we signed him i was happy because i thought VB is out, instead we guarantee him a spot by giving him the captaincy.

We just needed a playmaker and DM to reinvent the club and play up to our standards, we have great players in nearly all the positions lets not ruin our chance of winning CL because of couple of a bad players that pulling this team down.
But i guess the Board wont act till they are hit by train just like in 2006 when we finished 4th.

Shwas55 somehow you seem to contradict yourself. How can we go to shop around for additions if we have not tested the players that we have in our roster? You are right, our team at times seems to lack a DM with more presence or a creative Attacking mid, but how do we know we can't have these areas covered with different schemes? Hitzfeld made big damage to our team with his narrow minded tactics and rigid schemes. Klinsmann started with the wrong foot but had it right in the game versus Berlin, he took a completely different approach and we did not even miss Ribery. If we buy two more midfileders what are we going to do with the pack that we have on payroll and we don't use too often? How do we know those two midfielders are going to deliver the performance we are looking for right away? Schweini can deliver world class football, Altintop can do it as well, same with Borowski, Ze is second to none, Poldi showed under Low that he can be a world class midfielder as well, Ottl is a fighter, Kroos is on the rise, Van Bommels is questionable because his attitude but if he can get his act straight his experience is a factor, Sosa is the most disappointing one but only a few years ago he had a ton of talent. If we field 3 Central defenders -like vs Berlin- Lucio can start attacking plays deep into the midfield, Micho can cover the front of the defense as a defensive mid (a position that he played all his life), Lahm, Oddo or even Lell can get loose more often on the wings and basically become midfielders. Why don't we let these guys do their work under a creative coach, if things go bad we can make the adjustments in January, we can sell a couple of them after being tested and buy what we need. Who knows what can happen in these 4 months? Injuries are unpredictable. As I said before once we have Ribery back, Oddo fully engaged, Klose back on his self and maybe rotating his starting role with Poldi we will be a contender against anyone. We did not fail in Europe last season because lack of midfielders, we failed because lack of tactics.

So far I do not see a need for all this panic. A gang of Superstars many times are not a team, without bringing up Chelsea or Inter that we discussed in this board before look at Portugal at EURO 2008, Germany outplayed them; or look at Agentina at 2002 WC, their bench was better than most first teams in the tournament and they did not pass the first round.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby shwas55 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:30 am

Im all for trying new tacticts and players i said lets try to reinvent ourselves.
I mentioned in my post since we didnt buy anyone at least lets just try new things, when i said we should try 4-1-2-1-2 i meant get poldi behind the strikers cuz he has the speed and the one on one ability to break defenses (he could be our AM), or put Kroos in there and stick by him for few matches so he grows he confidence and experience but we are not doing that, i think put poldi there and in the last 30 mins get Klose out push poldi forward and get Ze in the midfield he is 35 and we can use as a super sub to control the midfield in the last 30 mins or so of the match.

I also said about Borowski we bought him and we are not using him he is a very good but underrated player , maybe VB has more experience than him but VB is a selfish stupid player who all he cares about is not taking stick from anyone, he just doesnt think about the team and somhow he got the captaincy .

Shweini and antiltop are great although i wish shweini works abit on his defensive skills sometimes he looses the ball far to easy (euro final is the biggest example).

Kroos and ottl they are just not getting any chances to play a string of games so they can show what they can do we only see once every few matches, or coming late as a sub.
If we buy new players in Jan i think Ottl, sosa, and i hope but i know it wont happen VB should be sold.
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:24 am

Why Ottl should be sold ? He's a good player. And Sosa needs to be given match time.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:01 am

Arsene Wenger's Arsenal team have drawn Dynamo Kiev, Fenerbache and Porto in Group G of the Champions League group stages, but he expects Arsenal, with all the other three English sides, to progress.

English sides have dominated the competition for the last few years, so much s that they had three of the four semi-finalists last season.

But when Wenger was asked who he thought the possible winner could be, Wenger decided to throw a spanner in the works by nominating the German Champions as possible winners.

“There’s the usual English teams, the two big Spanish teams and you could add Inter Milan this year maybe,” he said. “They have experience and a massive squad now. They will be difficult to beat.

“But if you want an outsider in there then maybe Bayern Munich. They were not in the Champions League last year. They did not win the Uefa Cup. So there has been a bit less certainty for them recently.”
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Guard Dog » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:56 pm

Holding tradition and an "organic" style of running the club is not a bad thing - don't get me wrong. If you can build a club to greatness from good coaching, good core of players, strong team ethic and club culture, then (like what has been mentioned) it earns more brownie points than waving the chequebook around.

But let's face it - money talks. Roman says back-to-back League Championships and runners-up in every other season of which he has been in power, plus the first Champions League final appearance and two League Cups and one FA Cup.

The old-fashioned superclub is long gone - that of Man U's Giggs, Beckham, Scholes, Neville x 2 and Butt.

They'll have the traditionalist doubters but Manchester City are on the road to superclub if they play their cards right. New owner is a football nut part of a conglomerate that has assets up towards $1 trillion. They have money, and a passion to use it to create a superclub.

I'm a bit worried about this CM weakness business - that's horrible. IMO there's the nucleus.
Jeremy Clarkson on the CCX: Koenigsegg say this is more comfortable but ... more comfortable than what? Being stabbed?

Proud New Worshipper of Die Bayern!
Guard Dog
Getting the hang of it

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:38 pm

MUTU wrote:Our team is run as a business. As it is now, it is not deemed feasible to invest heavily in order to have a better shot at the Champions League. As has been proven lately, money does not guarantee success. Just look at Chelsea, they spent so much money and they have never won it, even though they were so close to it last edition. If our Bundesliga opponents were to invest more money, Bayern would invest more money, all the Bundesliga clubs would start doing better in Europe, which in turn would mean more people would start being interested in the Bundesliga, and more TV revenue would come our way. Apart from TV revenue, we will gain more respect meaning that players that currently look down at the Bundesliga would be more interested in playing there. In a nutshell, I believe we are at the mercy of our opponents.

This. And it certainly looks like our opponent's are on the right path.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby gjenerali » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:16 am

I think Bayern and Germany of course has a special thing they were are and would be a GREAT club any one that joins BAYERN will become like the others ,for example before TONI joins BAYERN he doesnt seems to me a good player because hes italian , he simulate was laizy but after the 3-3 against getafe he was a "war player" allways attacking during the game ,playin with heart like a german.the only problem for BAYERN and the most clubs in europe without "abramovich" is money but money is not every thing.i think our guys will try hard to improve themselves.every one must fear BAYERN MUNCHEN because its a GERMAN team AND GERMANS NEVER GIVE UP
gjenerali
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Previous

Return to General Bayern Discussion