You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Allianz Arena seating queries

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Standing areas in Allianz

Postby scottbufc » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:22 pm

Hello

I am coming over from England for the game at the weekend v Frankfurt. I have acquired some tickets for blocks 109 and 111, I understand that these are standing blocks. Are the areas cordoned off or is this simply an entrance I need to take into the stadium? Are each of the blocks 'fenced in' so you must stay in this area?

Hope my question is understandable and someone can answer, thank you & good luck for the weekend!
scottbufc
First post

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Standing areas in Allianz

Postby jss1 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:29 pm

To my knowledge there's no restrictions moving between blocks 109, 110 and 111. You might have to use the entrance stated on the ticket though. This meaning entrance to stands, everyone uses same stadium entrance.
There's a fence between blocks 111 and 112 (112 and 113 are dedicated for fan clubs).

At least this is how it was when I went to DFB Pokal match last week.
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
jss1
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:43 pm

Welcome to the forum, both of you! :wave:

Jss1, are you from Germany or were you on holiday?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby jss1 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:36 am

Not from Germany originally, but yes I do live in Munich :)
jss1
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby MUTU » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:59 am

jss1 wrote:Not from Germany originally, but yes I do live in Munich :)

Ah, the luck! :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Cryptic » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:45 am

The old "Südkurve" (South bank).

Its a shame that the Allianz Arena is not as good for us as the old Olympic Stadium.
We are more than 10.000 Ultras but only 500-800 are inside the new arena.
Far too few standing blocks inside, thats the problem. And in return too many "Eventfans" and "Tourists" inside.
But at the moment we try to arrange a meeting with Hoeneß, Rummenigee and Sammer about this problem.
We are many and we can change! =D>
Cryptic
Getting the hang of it

Postby quaazi » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:54 pm

It looks awesome, but who actually got to see it during a game what with the athletics setup? I have to come clean here, I didn't look forward to watching Bayern home games more than away games when the Olympic Stadium was still in use, that running track is just so damn awful.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby AssemFCB » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:17 pm

quaazi wrote:It looks awesome, but who actually got to see it during a game what with the athletics setup? I have to come clean here, I didn't look forward to watching Bayern home games more than away games when the Olympic Stadium was still in use, that running track is just so damn awful.

I agree, as an Egyptian football fan, I sometimes hate watching domestic games because of those God-awful stadiums. Having that track totally kills the atmosphere of a game, and I can see why many fans prefer the more unique Allianz instead of the rather generic Olympiastadion.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby sch0ll7 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:01 pm

Cryptic wrote:Its a shame that the Allianz Arena is not as good for us as the old Olympic Stadium.
We are more than 10.000 Ultras but only 500-800 are inside the new arena.
Far too few standing blocks inside, thats the problem. And in return too many "Eventfans" and "Tourists" inside.
But at the moment we try to arrange a meeting with Hoeneß, Rummenigee and Sammer about this problem.
We are many and we can change! =D>

I dont understand this claim....there are 13,740 standing places on BL matchday. I have been to quite some matches and it was always full to the last corner...but you say there are only 500-800 inside it?

I saw that maybe some 30% of them are cheering throughout the game so that must be around 4.000 ultras in those standing areas. But that is still not that much comparing to most of other germany clubs like BVB, Schalke, Frankfurt, Koln etc...

Can you write something about the problem? Why all 13.000 standing places are not filled with Ultras that would cheer from beggining till the end?
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby quaazi » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:41 pm

He's just being...

8)

cryptic about it.
The ideal team

quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Cryptic » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:34 pm

Hey guys.

Officially we have 13.794 standing places, thats right. But unfortunaly most of those "standings" are normal seats which can be raised up.
In the south bank we have only TWO real standing blocks. Two! Thats a bad joke.
So the three biggest problems are:
- The standings are scattered trough the whole arena. Some in the north bank, some above. Two blocks in the south bank, some to the left or right side of it. So we can not build the old "big block" like in the olympic stadium at that time.
- Many of the ultras got the order to stay away from the arena. Why? Because sometimes there were more of them inside the blocks than allowed, so the club stopped it and told them to get the **** out.
- We have too many stadion tourists. That means people which come to the arena to watch a game only once. Many of them come with little kids or old people. Most of them like Bayern Munich but they dont love the club. These persons are not inside the arena to support the club. They wanna see only one game and make some photos.
Of course thats fine sometimes, but we have too many of those "fans" inside the arena at the moment. So the result is very simple: Often we have no great atmosphere inside.

We need again a BIG BLOCK inside the arena like in the old Oly (Olympic Stadium). You guys can see how much bigger and better the support was back then.
For sure the arena is better in many ways. But for the ultras its not better so far. :wink:

I hope my english is not too bad and you understand me in every direction.
Cryptic
Getting the hang of it

Postby AssemFCB » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:47 pm

It's a bit of a dilemma: once-in-a-lifetime chance for visiting fans but less atmosphere, or ultras taking up a big percent of the stadium every week with great atmosphere. I'm all for the second one, but Bayern is a global club, and with that comes a duty to give as much fans as possible the chance to watch their dream team. I'd say for more intense games, like the one tomorrow, the majority should go to the ultra. We don't want the atmosphere to resemble that of the Classico in Spain. The Camp Nou emptied out in 5 minutes in April once it started raining!
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby sch0ll7 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:06 pm

Thank you for your reply Cryptic....

I understand the problem...i am also for bigger Ultra support and hot atmosphere with some pyro every now and then.
And that block in south stand should be bigger for at least 10.000 ultras [all in one piece] even if it means there would be none in the north stand or in the corners.

Maybe there is a problem with pricing or should I say gate receipts from those low priced tickets in south stand? I am not sure how many season tickets are available at 130€ [the cheapest ones]?

About the stadium tourists...I sometimes drive from Slovenia to watch some games...someone will call me tourist but I really love the club. Maybe I dont know the cheering songs like ultras or even little kids inside of the stadium but I sure love coming to the game every now and then even if it costs me more than 100€ every time I do that.

I think that our board is trying to get the right balance between "tourists" and home fans / ultras...Bayern could sell 70.000 season tickets for sure or even 140.000 and that would mean that atmosphere inside the stadium would be best in the europe because there wouldnt be any "tourists" and every person of those 70.000 would know the cheering songs etc...But if you sell 70.000 season tickets then it means the club makes a lot less income in gate receipts...because season tickets are a lot cheaper compared to those selling for separate games.

And another bad thing would be that other fans wouldnt stand a chance in watching FC Bayern live at AA.

I am all for some 13.000 ultra-ULTRAS in south stand..I would love that.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby quaazi » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:27 pm

Cryptic wrote:Of course thats fine sometimes, but we have too many of those "fans" inside the arena at the moment. So the result is very simple: Often we have no great atmosphere inside.

Could you tell me if, say, I came to watch a game with a seated ticket somewhere in the middle of the stands, could I sneak to the standing areas during the game?
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Cryptic » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:54 pm

@ sch0ll7:
Thats it. But please dont get me wrong: When i say "stadion tourists" i also mean german people which come only once to sit inside the arena without any supporting for the team. Its nice when people from different countries come to the Allianz Arena. But i think its a problem that many people are not going to support. Thats not good for the atmosphere inside. Of course everybody is welcome as long as they try to support the club. If you dont speak any german: No problem. Lets support with flags and clapping. :wink:

quaazi:

Unfortunately not any more. They have strong controls because many ultras were standing in the southern bank without a own ticket.
Of course you can try, but most time it will not be possible any more.
Cryptic
Getting the hang of it

Next

Return to General Bayern Discussion