You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

About the stars in the shirt

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: About the stars in the shirt

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:51 pm

runaway wrote:Yep. It'll look pretty ridiculous with too many stars. Maybe DFB should consider changing the colors instead. Bronze, Silver, and Gold stars.

This would be a much better idea in my opinion.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby SouthernStar » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:49 am

runaway wrote:Yep. It'll look pretty ridiculous with too many stars. Maybe DFB should consider changing the colors instead. Bronze, Silver, and Gold stars.

Greuter Furth sports 3 Silver stars and some other teams as well (the stars are not officially sanctioned by the DFB/DFL (?). So what would happened if the rules are changed to the coloring of the stars? Pissed them 2x? :lol:

Here's the explanation from Wikipedia:
Spoiler: show
Football in Germany has two official star systems operating in parallel. In 2004, the DFL, which governs the Bundesliga (the top 2 divisions), introduced Verdiente Meistervereine (roughly "distinguished champion clubs"). This has a sliding scale of 1, 2, 3, and 4 stars for 3, 5, 10, and 20 titles.[1] It includes only Bundesliga titles, excluding titles from before the formation of the Bundesliga in 1963, and from the former East German League. Dynamo Berlin (playing in the fourth level) unilaterally began wearing three unapproved stars for its East German titles.[2] In November 2005, the DFB, which governs non-Bundesliga football, allowed former champions playing outside the Bundesliga to display a single star inscribed with the number of titles.[3] In 2007, Dynamo Berlin switched to a single approved star inscribed with the number 10. Greuther Fürth retains three silver stars on its club logo, but not on it shirts.
SouthernStar
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby runaway » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:39 pm

I totally forgot DFB and DFL are different administrations.

What I thought about was for example, for teams that have 3 titles to instead have a 1 gold star have a bronze or silver. But then again, it's not as if any other team can reach 20+ titles so there's no point in changing the rules. :lol: Do we get a golden plate when we win Bundesliga undefeated?

Perfect suggestion: :lol:
MUTU wrote:They should make a rule that once you reach 25 titles you're free to take a star away from a rival club of choice. Hello, Mr Klopp!
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Previous

Return to General Bayern Discussion