You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

5 most well run clubs in Europe

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 5 most well run clubs in Europe

Postby JANCKER » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:51 pm

Leicester is a great news.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby endrity » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:27 pm

I guess it will take more than one season, as absolutely amazing as this season is, for them to be considered a well run club. For most of their history they have been switching between leagues.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby JANCKER » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:31 pm

I think that most credits have to be given to Ranieri... We'll see if Pep can beat Ranieri's achievement, with Pep having more or say limitless resources of course.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Dalv » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:14 pm

It's intersting that Ranieri was a total fiasco for the Greece nat team but succeeded at Leicester
Dalv
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby JANCKER » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:16 pm

It could be that he's not good with the NT system...
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby MUTU » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:17 am

Dalv wrote:It's intersting that Ranieri was a total fiasco for the Greece nat team but succeeded at Leicester

Rehhagel was a fiasco with Bayern but succeeded for the Greece NT. Ranieri is the Reverse Rehhagel.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby JANCKER » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:50 pm

Rehhagel after the fiasco with Bayern took over Kaiserslautern and won BuLi after promotion from 2nd division. So Rehhagel did a "Ranieri"...
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby fashiondesign_guru » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:58 pm

endrity wrote:
PSG I'd agree are very well run from the oil clubs. While there are some troubles at times with their players, they also seem to have a sense of professionalism that isn't always present with City and Chelsea. They are very close I think to breaking the Barca-Bayern-RM trio that has sort of dominated Europe in the last half decade.

Manchester City are completely run by professionals who are former Barcelona staff overseen by Frank Soriano as the CEO and Txiki Begiristain as Director of Football. These are the people in charge of recruitment, youth system and first team, including planning. All other football staff work under them. These were also the same guys involved with restructuring Barcelona in 2000'sand hiring Guardiola over Mourinho. Their owner isn't involved in football operations.

Chelsea are different as Roman gets involved too much in player and especially manager recruitment and termination. He runs it more like his personal business as opposed to Manchester City who are run more professionally.

I'd place Man City in top 5. PSG have also hired Jean-Claude Blanc who used to be Juventus CEO.
fashiondesign_guru
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby endrity » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:36 am

This obviously will sound a bit deluded given the recent match between the two teams, but I still feel like the PSG players really shot themselves in the foot and they should have definitely won the tie. To me they were the much better team, technically they are quite superior.

And the reason why that is, I beleive is down to management. PSG really has not had any major blunders in the transfer market, they have paid top prices when they need to but by and large, these are all players that are part of the team. City have spent even more money but as many have pointed out, before KDB's arrival this summer, most of their key players were there since 2011. They really have failed to identify and/or convince any other elite talent to join them. Mangala, Otamendi, Fernandinho etc. have all been major busts for them.
endrity
I post all the time

Postby prasun77 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:16 pm

So the question is Are Atletico a well run club?
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby JANCKER » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:17 pm

They're in top 5... but with Simeone.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby fashiondesign_guru » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:06 pm

PSG have looked great in the French league so far. They had Italian connections through their football directors/CEO's and Ancelotti at one time, so they lured Italian and Argentinian talent, plus being located in Paris helps in a way being a London club does. Paris is a great city to live, and no footballer's wife would oppose living in Paris (in fact they'd advocate it, especially with all the money the club pays them to live in Paris). But we haven't seen them great against top sides in Europe just as Man City, who plays in a much more competitive league than PSG. PSG looks unstoppable in French Ligue 1, but they busted out in the CL everytime they faced a top opposition.

It took longer for Chelsea to establish themselves and win a title than Man City, despite being a London club. City are following the same footsteps but they are organized more professionally than Chelsea are, who's a "boss' club", run the by boss.

It's amusing to read Bayern fans belittle Man City for being owned by Arabs but be positive towards PSG who are also owned by Arabs. Both clubs are run by professionals, but Man City play in a better, more competitive league.
fashiondesign_guru
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fashiondesign_guru » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:25 pm

FC Bayern is one of the best run clubs in the world, to me it's probably in top 2 or 3 along with FC Porto in my opinion. FC Porto is unbelievable.
fashiondesign_guru
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Argeta » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:08 am

fashiondesign_guru wrote:FC Bayern is one of the best run clubs in the world, to me it's probably in top 2 or 3 along with FC Porto in my opinion. FC Porto is unbelievable.

Bayern is top 1, to spend 30m on players when other clubs spends 100m on one player is awesome, and to still be the best club in the world.. That is unbelievable.
Argeta
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby endrity » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:58 am

fashiondesign_guru wrote:FC Bayern is one of the best run clubs in the world, to me it's probably in top 2 or 3 along with FC Porto in my opinion. FC Porto is unbelievable.

Porto run a high-risk high-reward type of scheme. They rely heavily on selling players at top prices to fulfill even their regular every day transactions including wages. If a year or two goes by without them selling a top player, they would find themselves in large difficulty.

It is clearly a planned strategy and it didn't come about randomly, so there is design into it. And it's ofcourse partly the result of them playing a very poor domestic league while having ambitions to remain competitive in Europe. But let's just say, it's not a position I would feel very comfortable being if I was a fan of theirs. They are walking a very tight rope.

prasun77 wrote:So the question is Are Atletico a well run club?

Before Simeone they were incredibly mis-managed, a club that should have given Sevilla and Valencia a run for the the "3rd team in Spain" status had become an afterthought with lots of debt and mediocre finishes. With him they have been incredibly well run, maybe the best in Europe as they are now definitely a top 5 team in the continent while having about a quarter of the budget of the top clubs. But they need to prove they can do it without him in the long run. A new stadium is coming in at the end of the next season, so they are laying some good foundations.

fashiondesign_guru wrote:PSG have looked great in the French league so far. They had Italian connections through their football directors/CEO's and Ancelotti at one time, so they lured Italian and Argentinian talent, plus being located in Paris helps in a way being a London club does. Paris is a great city to live, and no footballer's wife would oppose living in Paris (in fact they'd advocate it, especially with all the money the club pays them to live in Paris). But we haven't seen them great against top sides in Europe just as Man City, who plays in a much more competitive league than PSG. PSG looks unstoppable in French Ligue 1, but they busted out in the CL everytime they faced a top opposition.
It took longer for Chelsea to establish themselves and win a title than Man City, despite being a London club. City are following the same footsteps but they are organized more professionally than Chelsea are, who's a "boss' club", run the by boss.
It's amusing to read Bayern fans belittle Man City for being owned by Arabs but be positive towards PSG who are also owned by Arabs. Both clubs are run by professionals, but Man City play in a better, more competitive league.

Actually Chelsea won the title in the 2nd year of the Abramovich ownership but they were much more established before he took over. To me City had underachieved a lot compared to PSG previous to this year. They had badly defended their two titles in the following seasons. And they had done extremely poorly in Europe. After collecting a good core of players in Aguero, Yaya, Kompany about 4-5 seasons ago, they had spent money on very average players for too long. DeBruyne is their first top addition to their old core. More importantly, they had never developed a cohesiveness in their teamplay and always seemed to win through their sheer individual talent rather than due to great organization.

PSG on the other side had progressed really well until this year. They had added superior players every summer and by this year they had developed a very good style of play. They were the superior team against Real in their group matches, and were very unlucky to get beaten at the Bernabeu. To a certain extent the same was true against City. Now, clearly the loss against City will require a lot of self-inspection by them, but I think until then they could realistically claim to have spent money in a better way. They can't do anything with the fact that Ligue 1 is not on the same level as the other top 4 nations in Europe.
endrity
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion