You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

5 most well run clubs in Europe

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 5 most well run clubs in Europe

Postby endrity » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:27 pm

ramsej84 wrote:what do you guys think about Bilbao? Is it not something special the way how they do it?
And I lately I really started admiring Everton... they brought in some very interesting players... and introduced some of their products plus also brought in a highly intelligent manager.

Bilbao is a bit hard to judge due to their Basque-only policy. They have, as far as I know, very sound finances but will always be constrained on the field. One could say they overcome odds. On the other hand, given the fact that the Basque region is quite wealthy, you could say that they also fall short of where they could be if they did not restrain themselves.

Everton I am not sure. They have at times overperformed their budget. On the other hand, they along with Liverpool, were on of the giants of the English game in the '80s. The fact that they, as well as Liverpool, have fallen behind financially is a sign of mismanagment I'd say. United was way ahead of the curve in redeveloping their stadium and then working hard at building their brand globally. Meanwhile the Liverpool clubs thought of this as "selling the soul" of the club and believed that their traditional approach would maintain their status. They were quite mistaken about this.

PunkCapitalist wrote:Fair assessment. When I mentioned Atlético I meant short-term. What Simeone has done with very little resources is outstanding.

I guess that is why I am not ready to put them at the upper echelon. Other teams have managed short periods of success in these times of huge financial inequalities due to a few lucky finds on the transfer market or an innovative coach. Valencia at the turn of the century is one great example, reaching the CL final twice and winning the league twice. But once their key players left and the coaches were picked from the other teams, they regressed back to their usual level. That is why I consider the developments in Dortmund as more noteworthy up to now, they have rebuilt their team a few times, their finances have steadily improved, a new coach has continued to keep them at a high level, and they have kept their stars there. I don't know what happens if Simeone leaves tomorrow, though he seems to love his work right now.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby anasnemr » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:32 pm

1)Bayern
2)Barcelona
3)Arsenal
4)PSG
5)Dortmund
anasnemr
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:34 pm

I have massive respect towards Bilbao, the fact that they are still one of Spain's most solid teams with their Basque policy is very impressive, I think we can all agree.

On the flip side, if you take the (very) progressive point of view, you could argue that they might be holding that tradition too tightly that they sacrifice success for it. Sounds great for the romantic, but if you look for trophies they can no longer compete because of their transfer policy. Up for interpretation whether they're doing the right thing, but most of their fans seems perfectly happy about it so kudos to them.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:39 pm

Bilbao were the ones who started Atletico Madrid. Hence the colours...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby endrity » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:40 pm

Yeah I guess in the end their fans are quite happy and they have a high following. If they enjoy their football without the trophies, who are we to judge right?
endrity
I post all the time

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:51 pm

Hard to come up with 5 clubs, but I'm very surprised no one included Manchester United. Ignoring the insane transfer fees in the past couple of years, they'd certainly be near the top of my list: global appeal; ability to secure insane sponsorship deals; a great stadium with almost mythical status; plenty of titles to show for it; and as much as I don't like them, they have a sense of loyalty towards their own. Even their extreme transfer fees, while bad, show that they are willing to go for young talents.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:00 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Hard to come up with 5 clubs, but I'm very surprised no one included Manchester United. Ignoring the insane transfer fees in the past couple of years, they'd certainly be near the top of my list: global appeal; ability to secure insane sponsorship deals; a great stadium with almost mythical status; plenty of titles to show for it; and as much as I don't like them, they have a sense of loyalty towards their own. Even their extreme transfer fees, while bad, show that they are willing to go for young talents.

Meh. With the amounts they have spent lately, they don't have much to show for it. Besides, their transfer policy has been truly atrocious going back to the later years of the Ferguson era. In my opinion, the current debacle of their club is down to him; he retired leaving a horrible squad behind which completely lacked in midfield quality. To this day they haven't been able to correct those problems and I would only say Martial, Darmian and Depay have been truly good buys.

But sure, their marketing department is pretty mighty. You're right on that. But IMO, success on the pitch should be the main aim of clubs, not marketing.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:02 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Meh. With the amounts they have spent lately, they don't have much to show for it. Besides, their transfer policy has been truly atrocious going back to the later years of the Ferguson era. In my opinion, the current debacle of their club is down to him; he retired leaving a horrible squad behind which completely lacked in midfield quality. To this day they haven't been able to correct those problems and I would only say Martial, Darmian and Depay have been truly good buys.

I agree, but the truth is Ferguson still got results with that squad. I see that as a sign of managing the team well as well.

Like I said, I am mostly ignoring the past couple of years. :P
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:03 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:I have massive respect towards Bilbao, the fact that they are still one of Spain's most solid teams with their Basque policy is very impressive, I think we can all agree.

To be honest, I don't. I think this policy is not a proper reflection of football. It is discriminatory. The most popular sport on the planet, which is said to connect people all over the world regardless of all differences (whatever they may be), does not benefit from such a short-sighted strategy.

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Hard to come up with 5 clubs, but I'm very surprised no one included Manchester United.

I think a big part of United's proper management went away with SAF. After his departure, they became somehow "random".
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby endrity » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:11 am

Post Fergusson, one could say that ManU are one of the worst mismanaged clubs on earth. With their financial might, the fact that they might miss out on the CL for the 2nd time in 3 years is mindboggling. If they have a few more years like these, even their financial power will start to take a hit.
endrity
I post all the time

Postby Pigeonhead » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:30 pm

I'd say Spurs are up there in terms of how well they're run. Fantastic young coach, new stadium on the way, backbone of exciting young English talent and a chairman who always gets the best deal for his club.

They've under achieved on the field but I think that will change under pottchetino (sp)

My club (MUFC) are woefully mismanaged, God knows how anyone can mention us in this topic, we'd make the top 5 worst run clubs in world football. Owners that have siphoned off close to a billion quid for their personal piggy banks, a chief executive that spends all his time telling anyone that will listen how much money we've got and how many stars were gonna sign whilst overpaying for over the hill players or unproven players, managers that are either past their sell by date or never up to the job in the first place, terrible relationship with fans, particularly local fans.

We're great at securing new sponsorship deals with Japanese noodle suppliers but on every other criteria we fail miserably.
Pigeonhead
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membership

Postby German-American » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:37 pm

ottackon wrote:Yes but Barça is the most successful club of the century, it has to be taken into account.

Yea but they buy most of their talent and they have messi. There are other clubs tat do more for what they have

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Bayern for life, I just want to see at least one game...thats all I ask
German-American
I post all the time

Location: Grew up in Hillsborough,NJ....Lives in Haymarket, Va....attends WVU
National Flag:
United States of America

Postby prasun77 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:42 pm

Talking of well run clubswhat do you guys think of them?
Can't see tweet? Click here!
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby #12 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:02 pm

Krispy Kreme? I love those! 8) :mrgreen:
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com