You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.
 

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby America USA » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:59 pm

Also, the idea of completely dropping Thiago seems a bit too radical. He was one of Bayern's best in the midfield, but I don't understand why Roonzil has a problem with accepting that he was crap against Madrid. He was one of the worst Bayern players over the two legs. He still has time to fix it though in the coming seasons!
User avatar
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Location: Virginia/California
Has thanked: 160 times
Been thanked: 139 times

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby #12 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:34 pm

"Not needing" Thiago cause you have James is like dropping Ribéry cause you have Robben
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
User avatar
#12
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 8258
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 332 times
Been thanked: 2365 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby Roonzil » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:09 am

America USA wrote:Also, the idea of completely dropping Thiago seems a bit too radical. He was one of Bayern's best in the midfield, but I don't understand why Roonzil has a problem with accepting that he was crap against Madrid. He was one of the worst Bayern players over the two legs. He still has time to fix it though in the coming seasons!


I have no problem accepting or admitting he was underwhelming in those games. I do however have a problem with people who are radical about a player based on one game.

He was our best player last season, and some people have a hard time admitting that, after they were convinced he was merely a Pep pet.




Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Image
Total ho for Thiago :P
User avatar
Roonzil
I post all the time
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 2023
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:54 pm
National Flag:
Netherlands
Has thanked: 208 times
Been thanked: 1241 times
Gender: Female

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:31 am

So he wants to drop Thiago because he was poor against Real Madrid.

I'm curious to see why does he want Müller in the starting lineup then.

Nonsense
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
User avatar
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 8542
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:53 am
Location: Sydney
National Flag:
Spain
Has thanked: 1638 times
Been thanked: 1634 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby Bentonomo » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:56 am

YlonenXabi wrote:So he wants to drop Thiago because he was poor against Real Madrid.

I'm curious to see why does he want Müller in the starting lineup then.

Nonsense


Because Muller is PROVEN against strong teams. Thiaho has never been good in champions against strong opposition.
User avatar
Bentonomo
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 576
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:13 am
Location: Monterrey
National Flag:
Mexico
Has thanked: 221 times
Been thanked: 193 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby Bentonomo » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:57 am

Roonzil wrote:
America USA wrote:Also, the idea of completely dropping Thiago seems a bit too radical. He was one of Bayern's best in the midfield, but I don't understand why Roonzil has a problem with accepting that he was crap against Madrid. He was one of the worst Bayern players over the two legs. He still has time to fix it though in the coming seasons!


I have no problem accepting or admitting he was underwhelming in those games. I do however have a problem with people who are radical about a player based on one game.

He was our best player last season, and some people have a hard time admitting that, after they were convinced he was merely a Pep pet.




Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Not one GAME against every strong TEAM. Thiago is undisputed started in the bundesliga ONLY.
User avatar
Bentonomo
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 576
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:13 am
Location: Monterrey
National Flag:
Mexico
Has thanked: 221 times
Been thanked: 193 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby aterford » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:41 am

Bentonomo wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:So he wants to drop Thiago because he was poor against Real Madrid.

I'm curious to see why does he want Müller in the starting lineup then.

Nonsense


Because Muller is PROVEN against strong teams. Thiaho has never been good in champions against strong opposition.



Müller in UCL knockouts 16/17: 1 goal, 0 assists
Thiago in UCL knockouts 16/17: 2 goals, 2 assists

Müller vs top-5 BL teams and R16 or later Pokal: 0 goals, 1 assist
Thiago vs same: 3 goals, 2 assists
User avatar
aterford
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1156
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:40 am
Has thanked: 1062 times
Been thanked: 663 times
Gender: Male

2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:07 am

My prediction:



Most positions seem set except for two: Robben's and Tolisso's. For the former, Müller is the obvious alternative. We might see a central Ribery but probably not many starts. I wonder how Coman fits in here though. I think he might pull off that position. If not, it's possible that Carlo is planning to switch formations during games. (EDIT: If he doesn't go on loan I think the "2" positions behind the striker in a Christmas tree fit Gnabry very well)

Tolisso I haven't seen play but I like what I've heard. He could easily be replaced by Sanches if the latter develops better or even Rudy if he impresses. I don't think Javi is being considered for midfield.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 30537
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8525 times
Been thanked: 7152 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby Bentonomo » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:08 am

aterford wrote:
Bentonomo wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:So he wants to drop Thiago because he was poor against Real Madrid.

I'm curious to see why does he want Müller in the starting lineup then.

Nonsense


Because Muller is PROVEN against strong teams. Thiaho has never been good in champions against strong opposition.



Müller in UCL knockouts 16/17: 1 goal, 0 assists
Thiago in UCL knockouts 16/17: 2 goals, 2 assists

Müller vs top-5 BL teams and R16 or later Pokal: 0 goals, 1 assist
Thiago vs same: 3 goals, 2 assists


Not a big difference considering last season was muller's worst of all.
User avatar
Bentonomo
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 576
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:13 am
Location: Monterrey
National Flag:
Mexico
Has thanked: 221 times
Been thanked: 193 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:14 am

Further to my other post, I think our B team would line up in a 4-2-3-1, not that they'll ever all play at the same time.



This is unbelievably strong


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 30537
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8525 times
Been thanked: 7152 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:19 am

I still don't understand people that keeping Tolisso out of the formations.
Ancelotti told us couple of times,that he's going to replace Alonso,you dont break your transfer record for player and putting him on the bench.This is nuts.
Image
User avatar
IsiahRashad
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2198
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:38 pm
National Flag:
Bulgaria
Has thanked: 1190 times
Been thanked: 908 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:24 am

IsiahRashad wrote:I still don't understand people that keeping Tolisso out of the formations.
Ancelotti told us couple of times,that he's going to replace Alonso,you dont break your transfer record for player and putting him on the bench.This is nuts.


We kind of did with Sanches (once you add bonuses) but I agree he will probably start


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 30537
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8525 times
Been thanked: 7152 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby bastos80 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:32 am

Bentonomo wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:So he wants to drop Thiago because he was poor against Real Madrid.

I'm curious to see why does he want Müller in the starting lineup then.

Nonsense


Because Muller is PROVEN against strong teams. Thiaho has never been good in champions against strong opposition.



Müller is also proven to make us look like playing with 10 men when he has a bad day.
At least Thiago is always present.
inactive
User avatar
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5637
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 7:38 am
Location: Germany
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 344 times
Been thanked: 2017 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby aterford » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:58 am

Bentonomo wrote:
aterford wrote:

Müller in UCL knockouts 16/17: 1 goal, 0 assists
Thiago in UCL knockouts 16/17: 2 goals, 2 assists

Müller vs top-5 BL teams and R16 or later Pokal: 0 goals, 1 assist
Thiago vs same: 3 goals, 2 assists


Not a big difference considering last season was muller's worst of all.


Thiago was indisputably better in big games last year. Fact.
You can't say "start Müller because he's proven in big games and Thiago always chokes in big games" when last season Müller was the one who utterly choked in every important match. Thiago might not have played at his best but at least he showed up.
User avatar
aterford
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1156
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:40 am
Has thanked: 1062 times
Been thanked: 663 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:28 am

Also, the season with the same coach as the current one is the one which counts most imo.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 30537
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8525 times
Been thanked: 7152 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests