You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:02 pm

ramsej84 wrote:You have to check ACMilan's Nesta Stam Maldini

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Milan 04/05 with 3+ appearances: Nesta 1.87m, Stam 1.90m, Maldini 1.86m, Kaladze 1.86m, Costacurta 1.82m, Coloccini 1.84m, Simic 1.80m. Average: 1.85m

Milan 05/06 with 3+ appearances: Nesta 1.87m, Stam 1.90m, Maldini 1.86m, Kaladze 1.86m, Costacurta 1.82m, Simic 1.80m. Average: 1.852m

All 3 FC Bayern defenders are taller than AC Milan 04-06 tallest defender (Stam, 1.90m).
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Manchu » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:05 am

One interesting and relatively thing I have noticed about Jupp is that he likes to sub on additional fullbacks for wingers when trying to preserve a lead late in the game.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:26 am

Manchu wrote:One interesting and relatively thing I have noticed about Jupp is that he likes to sub on additional fullbacks for wingers when trying to preserve a lead late in the game.

Thing is, we don't really have fullbacks. We have wingbacks. That's already half way between a fullback and a winger. Take Alaba for example... I assume that on general he spends more time in the opposing half than the own half. So while on paper they're written down as being in line with the central defenders, in reality they're more offensive. In essence, there isn't an overwhelming difference between Alaba and Ribery's roles, for example.

Anyway, great observation. :thumbup:
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby DiegoForlan » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:51 pm

I always thought Centrebacks were bigger overally, for example i live in Čapljina, and the overal height of males over 17 years old is 185,9. However it's the city with the tallest humans in the world so no wonder.

I'm 184, and i feel small most of the time.
DiegoForlan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:56 pm

DiegoForlan wrote:I always thought Centrebacks were bigger overally, for example i live in Čapljina, and the overal height of males over 17 years old is 185,9. However it's the city with the tallest humans in the world so no wonder.

I'm 184, and i feel small most of the time.

You're taller than Tolisso, Robben, Vidal, Alaba, James, Rudy, Coman, Kimmich, Thiago, Rafinha, Ribery and Bernat.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Evan van Essen » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:21 pm

why doesn't bayern try a 3 at the back formation. its working for alot of people and would take some pressure of out backs, cause they would need to track back less. if we would play this formation and let muller would drift a little to the right and james a little to the left to create space for alaba and kimmich it would be perfect cause we dont have that much wingers atm. let me know what you think.
Evan van Essen
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby America USA » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:09 pm

Evan van Essen wrote:
why doesn't bayern try a 3 at the back formation. its working for alot of people and would take some pressure of out backs, cause they would need to track back less. if we would play this formation and let muller would drift a little to the right and james a little to the left to create space for alaba and kimmich it would be perfect cause we dont have that much wingers atm. let me know what you think.

IF Bayern can win the BL this Sunday then I can see Jupp trying different formations in the BL starting with Der Klassiker.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:07 am

If, hypothetically, every player was 100% physically and match-fit, and today was the Champions League final, what would your ideal formation look like?

Here's mine:

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:35 am

MUTU wrote:If, hypothetically, every player was 100% physically and match-fit, and today was the Champions League final, what would your ideal formation look like?

RM's formation or Barca's? Or Shitty's? ;)
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Extreme Pessimist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:52 am

#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:If, hypothetically, every player was 100% physically and match-fit, and today was the Champions League final, what would your ideal formation look like?

RM's formation or Barca's? Or Shitty's? ;)

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:54 am

Well you didn’t say we would hypothetically reach it... And since you’re the most anal guy on here about technicalities, I thought it’d be nice to call you out and have a taste of your own medicine ;)
Extreme Pessimist

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:04 pm

#12 wrote:Well you didn’t say we would hypothetically reach it... And since you’re the most anal guy on here about technicalities, I thought it’d be nice to call you out and have a taste of your own medicine ;)

I may be the most anal guy on here about technicalities, but you're the most anal guy in general :mrgreen: :twisted:
Now answer the question, I'd like to see your BAYERN ideal formation.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:11 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:Well you didn’t say we would hypothetically reach it... And since you’re the most anal guy on here about technicalities, I thought it’d be nice to call you out and have a taste of your own medicine ;)

I may be the most anal guy on here about technicalities, but you're the most anal guy in general :mrgreen: :twisted:
Now answer the question, I'd like to see your BAYERN ideal formation.

Well isn’t that what we've always been doing? If we ever were to reach it, which is nearly impossible IMHO (let alone winning it...), it would have to be with the players we have available...

But hypothetically, mine would look very similar... Depending on form Robben might be in there for either Thiago or Müller... It’s evident when doing this that we lack a good winger and speed on attack IMHO...
Extreme Pessimist

National Flag:
Germany

Postby tflags » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:22 pm

Guys, for some unknown reason we keep fielding Martinez as a holding midfielder either alone, or as a early sweeper. Why?

Why on earth do we want that? Javi is a destroyer. No doubts there. Dude had so many interceptions vs Sevilla we almost gave Hummel’s Dortmund performance a run for his money. Problem is, what do we do then?

Javi can’t pass shit. He doesn’t create a kindergarten sketch; his key passes are non-existent. Change of side or through/long balls? Lol. Touches? Wút touches?

So here’s a guy tasked with getting between defenders and support Boateng who spends most of his first halves being Kimmich. He has to stay behind Hummels who on a good weekend can go uptown As a 6 and be the hidden hero against his former team. He has to build it up, pick up the ball from the CBs and create.

Instead he runs away from it. Javi created 0 plays vs Sevilla, had 0 key passes. This is a guy who is supposed to dictate the tempo. Grab the ball as a third CB and marshall the game going forward. Instead he had the least touches on the ball for any full time starter other then Müller and invincible Lewan.

Javi is good without the ball. It is like going away from home and leaving your crazy Dobermann loose. Problem is, what do we do after he recovers? Sure as hell not much as he ranks in the least passes for anyone who doesn’t fancy himself a striker.

Which is not entirely a bad idea since his pass accuracy, at 75%, is the worst on the team for outfield players, bar none.

Javi, take a seat, please.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby #12 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:25 pm

tflags wrote:Guys, for some unknown reason we keep fielding Martinez as a holding midfielder either alone, or as a early sweeper. Why?

Why on earth do we want that? Javi is a destroyer. No doubts there. Dude had so many interceptions vs Sevilla we almost gave Hummel’s Dortmund performance a run for his money. Problem is, what do we do then?

Javi can’t pass shit. He doesn’t create a kindergarten sketch; his key passes are non-existent. Change of side or through/long balls? Lol. Touches? Wút touches?

So here’s a guy tasked with getting between defenders and support Boateng who spends most of his first halves being Kimmich. He has to stay behind Hummels who on a good weekend can go uptown As a 6 and be the hidden hero against his former team. He has to build it up, pick up the ball from the CBs and create.

Instead he runs away from it. Javi created 0 plays vs Sevilla, had 0 key passes. This is a guy who is supposed to dictate the tempo. Grab the ball as a third CB and marshall the game going forward. Instead he had the least touches on the ball for any full time starter other then Müller and invincible Lewan.

Javi is good without the ball. It is like going away from home and leaving your crazy Dobermann loose. Problem is, what do we do after he recovers? Sure as hell not much as he ranks in the least passes for anyone who doesn’t fancy himself a striker.

Which is not entirely a bad idea since his pass accuracy, at 75%, is the worst on the team for outfield players, bar none.

Javi, take a seat, please.

Fair point... But since we cannot match the top teams in open play, I think it is a doable approach to field a destroyer...
Extreme Pessimist

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion