You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby SrLuisGuilherme » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:03 pm

with Tuchel coming in a thread like this will make sense again :lol:
CARLO RAUS
SrLuisGuilherme
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby shpati_L1 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:07 pm

I can't wait to see this team playing with purpose and clear tactics.
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby SrLuisGuilherme » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:08 pm

a back three would benefit our full backs a lot right now... Alaba will look a lot better deployed as a wing back, so will Kimmich methinks. Given we have only 4 proper mids right now in the squad, this could be ideal... Our depth in defense might not fit it though, but we could always give Friedl a chance and have 5 CB's in the squad.
CARLO RAUS
SrLuisGuilherme
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby Jorge » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:08 pm

SrLuisGuilherme wrote:a back three would benefit our full backs a lot right now...

I posted something similar at the beginning of the season here in the context that Joachim Low seems to favor 3 on the back with fullback-wingers right now, at least that's how he played and won the Conf. Cup and has tried at times during qualifiers. Throughout history Bayern and the NT always aligned tactically but we all know that Bayern's presence in the NT is not that heavy anymore (we are a global brand now thanks to Kalle :oops: )

Bayern can be even more effective since we have better fullbacks (Kimmich and in-form Alaba, hopefully) but the problem is that we have too many midfielders and not enough FB-CB's of similar quality.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Jorge » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:20 pm

Of all issues related to Bayern's tactical formation I believe that what we are lacking the most is commander - outfield leader. I know that our captain Neuer is an indisputable leader in the locker room, I know that Muller has a long history with the club and gets along with everyone so everyone listens to him but he does little in the area of setting up the tempo of the team, managing the game, communicating when we go for quick counters and when we run down the clock or wear out the opponent with possession. We do not have that player in our team, typically you want a deep lying midfielder setting that rhythm and we had it in Alonso with all his limitations but neither Vial or Thiago have the tactical discipline to be effective in that role. Tolisso looks as lost as a cow in a theater. Rudy has the midset but a lot of limitations if you expect him to rule against top European competition.

Maybe Hummels in a back 3 system with more freedom to float into the midfield? I do not know. I just look at the games that we lost this season and the amount of space that we offer right through the center for the opponent or how clueless we look trying to break through the opponent's defensive lines and I think that the problem is more than Ancelotti's poor tactics. I feel that we do not have a conductor in the center of the park that reads the game and translates it to the rest through timed transitions.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:17 am

4-2-2-1-1

Kimmich Boateng Hummels Alaba

Rudy Martinez

Thiago James

Mueller

Lewa
Vidal and Tolisso can replace all those four
James can replace Mueller behind Lewa...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Coman » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:31 am

If Tuchel comes to Bayern and with Tuchel, we could see many different formation and system in one entire game. Like Guardiola did in his last season before injuries came (again).

2 good option we would have under Tuchel and we never would have under Ancelotti :

Option #1:

Remember the game won 5-1 against BVB in 2015 where with the 11 same players we saw 2 clear different system ?

From 4-2-3-1

to 3-1-4-2

We could see the same under Tuchel :

From 4-2-3-1

to 3-1-4-2

Option #2

System with 3 real center-back for the start of the game, and it was never the case under Ancelotti :

Really offensive 3-1-4-2 :

Chelsea kind of 3-4-3 / 3-4-2-1 :

Other system with 4 at the back than 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 like under Ancelotti :

Real Madrid 4-3-1-2

Don't tell me that many here would not love to see all that kind of system and football ...
Bayern 3-3-3-1 build-up under Heynckes :
Neuer - Boateng Hummels Thiago - Kimmich Vidal Alaba - Robben Müller James - Lewandowski
Neuer- Boateng Vidal Hummels- Kimmich Martinez Alaba- Robben James Ribéry- Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:12 am

One thing for sure that I don't want to see ever agian is Kimmich or Alaba as cbs

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:27 pm

I hope we can put this topic back to life in the next few days.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:26 pm

Some points which I hope our next coach follows until the end of the season and we can bring in reinforcements:

-Ribery and Robben must never both start.
-Neither should play more than 60 minutes, and preferably not more than 20-30 minutes on the pitch at the same time.
-One of Thiago or James must start in every game, when available.
-Vidal should be starting more games, or Martinez if he starts playing consistently well in midfield again.
-By the end of the season, Coman should have more minutes than Ribery in matches when both were fit.
-There shouldn't be a lot of rotation in defence. I am personally favouring Hummels-Süle, but we all know what Boateng can do if he gets back on track. The important thing is that we don't change our CB partnership every week. We have the players, very few teams have better defenders than us. Now we need the system.
-A bit risky, but the international break could also be used for it: we need to try out other GKs. Starke or Fruchtl. Although the first goal was a complete failure by our defenders, I feel Ulreich could have saved it. Not to mention those goals last week.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:38 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:-One of Thiago or James must start in every game, when available.

THIS IS IT
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Bayern1900 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:23 pm

Instructions that the next coach of Bayern going ahead MUST follow in order to succeed in Munich.

- Robben and Ribery must both go at the end of the season. We must get younger not older.
- Thomas Muller doesn't belong in the starting 11. He needs to prove himself as to why he should be picked over the likes of Thiago and James. He's pretty good at doing fu*k all in the big games, like the Atletico 2nd leg in 2016, if he scored we would have been in a different position today! Real Madrid 1st leg earlier this year, we were actually playing with 10 men before the Martinez red card!
- Thiago needs to be both the Heart and Soul of this team going forward. His creativity and playmaking that he inserts into the game is second to none.
- Coman is the future of the LW at Bayern. We need his pace and speed that he injects to the game.
- We need a young, pacey and quality Right Winger that can also inject pace and speed into the game.
- We must change the emphasis of possession-based football to that of a more speedy, direct and counterattacking form of play.
- Vidal needs to be the anchor of this team. The passion that he plays with is just beautiful and is something to be proud of
- We must stop this stupid over-rotating, find a lineup and stick with it, so the players can build and gather form, rhythm and chemistry.
- Alaba also doesn't belong in the starting 11. Bernat at least offers something going forward! Alaba offers both nothing going forward and nothing going backwards

In addition, the board must change their stupid, old-fashioned philosophy, wake up and realise it is 2017 and start splashing some cash or else this club can forget the Champions League!

Overall, The next coach must change the emphasis of possession-based football and start playing with more speed, pace and directness. We need start replenishing, rebuilding with young talents, keep our heads up and think for the future because the next few years are going to get tough...
Bayern1900
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby Borusse » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:42 am

If Tuchel comes I won't be surprised to see him try out the 3-5-1-1 formation. Perfect time for this as Ribery is old and injured, Robben is old and you don't have other wingers than Coman.

I would play something like this:

GK - Sule, Boateng, Hummels - Kimmich, Vidal, Thiago, Martinez, Alaba - James - Lewandowski

Seems like it could work and plays to your current strenghts which are:
- defence (I mean that individually, you currently concede goals but there's no doubt you have world class defenders, they just need better coaching)
- natural wingers are replaced by wingbacks who can both defend and attack if used properly.
- strong midfield presence with physical box-to-box Vidal, creative Thiago and sweeper Martinez.
- James playing in his favoruite role which is a mix between a striker/playmaker.

I think this could work very well for you.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby MUTU » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:45 am

I'm in favour of this if everyone was fit, and providing Mueller regains his form:

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Roonzil » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:44 pm

Borusse wrote:If Tuchel comes I won't be surprised to see him try out the 3-5-1-1 formation. Perfect time for this as Ribery is old and injured, Robben is old and you don't have other wingers than Coman.

I would play something like this:

GK - Sule, Boateng, Hummels - Kimmich, Vidal, Thiago, Martinez, Alaba - James - Lewandowski

Seems like it could work and plays to your current strenghts which are:
- defence (I mean that individually, you currently concede goals but there's no doubt you have world class defenders, they just need better coaching)
- natural wingers are replaced by wingbacks who can both defend and attack if used properly.
- strong midfield presence with physical box-to-box Vidal, creative Thiago and sweeper Martinez.
- James playing in his favoruite role which is a mix between a striker/playmaker.

I think this could work very well for you.

Damn, I like this one a lot.
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion