You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby MUTU » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:15 pm

Bentonomo wrote:
dambun wrote:Regarding Kimmich, the kid has many great footballing qualities, topped by great attitude and mentality. The only thing that makes me skeptic about his success as a fullback is that he does not seem to possess the speed/acceleration needed to get past quality fullbacks and cross the ball in. I guess we'll have to wait and see whether he will be able to compensate for that using his intelligence on the pitch, during the upcoming season.

Alaba, on the other hand, has all qualities needed to excel on that role. He simply needs to work on his crosses much more. He also often simply waits for too long, whenever he gets past a defender, and often misses on the very crucial time-window to provide a decisive pass to his teammates.

Lahm wasn't very fast

When Lahm was Kimmich's age he was definitely faster than the latter.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby dambun » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:45 am

Bentonomo wrote:Lahm wasn't very fast

Oh, he was, if you remember his younger days... !
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby America USA » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:35 pm

I like the idea of a CB like Hummels being one if our PK takers. He scored against Buffon last year at the Euros. Kimmich did too! Here is my updated listing we were to play a Penalty shootout in the near future.

1. Robert
2. Vidal
3. Kimmich/Hummels
4. Robben *
5. James

Robben hasn't taken many penalties after that 2012 miss but I still think he's a better option than Müller at the moment. Alaba won't be a bad choice either. I don't know about Thiago's pk abilities.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby bastos80 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:18 pm

Everytime I saw Hummels take a pen he didn't really look confident.
He's the type of player to take the safe route, like Kroos aswell.
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:05 pm

bastos80 wrote:Everytime I saw Hummels take a pen he didn't really look confident.
He's the type of player to take the safe route, like Kroos aswell.

What about an apple?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Jorge » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:47 am

I am not a big fan of 3 CB's in modern football but since Joachim Löw is more and more using it with Germany and Bayern and Germany through history did many things so in-sync I am intrigued about the possibility of Carletto using it as well:

Tolisso for Vidal or Thiago, also a variation of James or Muller behind a Lewa-Robben front two, or Lewa-Ribery. The way I see it not only aligns with the National Team, something that it is not paramount these days since Bayern does not contribute as much as in the past but a kind of solves the problem of our aging wingers since in this formation our full backs by trade (Alaba and Kimmich) act as wingers and both can make some damage in that role. Martinez can be a floating CB with more freedom to step forward as a stopper or retreat to the backline when Hummels or Boa are drawn to the flanks. This formation looks like a Brazilian Team from the 60's and 70's and it could be an option based on the players that we have.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:48 pm

Jorge wrote:I am not a big fan of 3 CB's in modern football but since Joachim Löw is more and more using it with Germany and Bayern and Germany through history did many things so in-sync I am intrigued about the possibility of Carletto using it as well:

Tolisso for Vidal or Thiago, also a variation of James or Muller behind a Lewa-Robben front two, or Lewa-Ribery. The way I see it not only aligns with the National Team, something that it is not paramount these days since Bayern does not contribute as much as in the past but a kind of solves the problem of our aging wingers since in this formation our full backs by trade (Alaba and Kimmich) act as wingers and both can make some damage in that role. Martinez can be a floating CB with more freedom to step forward as a stopper or retreat to the backline when Hummels or Boa are drawn to the flanks. This formation looks like a Brazilian Team from the 60's and 70's and it could be an option based on the players that we have.

What would the difference be between that and a 4321 with Javi as a DM? IMO, none. I'm strongly in favor of a Christmas Tree btw, I think it's the best formation to make full use of our squad's talent distribution.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Postby bastos80 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:04 pm

Jorge wrote:I am not a big fan of 3 CB's in modern football but since Joachim Löw is more and more using it with Germany and Bayern and Germany through history did many things so in-sync I am intrigued about the possibility of Carletto using it as well:

Erm, no.
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Isabella » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:19 pm

I think who Bayern from next year will likely return to many players to NT: neuer, kimmich, Sule, boateng, hummels, Müller, gnabry, Rudy + likely Brandt and Goretzka and we have ten players in the national team's circle
Isabella
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Italy

Postby Coman » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:52 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

"We have Tolisso, Rudy, Vidal, Thiago ... and also Martinez. They can interpret the game in different way. Bayern will play with 2 central midfielder".

He gave a list of 5 CM... and said we will play with 2 CM.

4-2-3-1
Bayern 3-3-3-1 build-up under Heynckes :
Neuer - Boateng Hummels Thiago - Kimmich Vidal Alaba - Robben Müller James - Lewandowski
Neuer- Boateng Vidal Hummels- Kimmich Martinez Alaba- Robben James Ribéry- Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Postby fpaz » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:07 pm

It seems clear that Ancelotti will start in the 4-2-3-1, Muller will be a beginner, Thiago will play back, James will replace Ribery, looking at the preseason this is the panorama

Javi, Tolisso and Rudy will not be midfielder beginners, Sanches can even leave the team, he will hardly play
Bayerische Traktor
fpaz
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
Brazil

Postby nm462272 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:07 pm

Sanches not even mentioned... lad's out the door
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby 5HitKombo » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:55 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:You lot think it'll be any different from last season, the reality is we will never improve as a team until we replace Robben and Ribery.

Exactly i think we should of got rid of Ribery snd kept Gnabry for a backup winger for Coman on the left

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
5HitKombo
Getting the hang of it

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:05 pm

That wasn't really what I meant, I meant that we won't improve until we have wingers who are as good as (or let's say close to) peak Robben and Ribery.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby #12 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:14 pm

Enter Sané, Bernardo, Dembélé...

(Not Gnabry/Brandt...)

I DO however think we can play better with a better system lineup than we have done recently
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion