You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2016/2017 Bayern Munich season

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

2016/2017 Bayern Munich season

Postby ottackon » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:36 pm

Do you find that the marriage between Bayern and Ancelotti sounds like the idea of the century? I think the style of play and the personality of the italian perfectly match with Bayern, there are also many similarities between him and Heynckes.
Otherwise, we repeat it every season, but I think we have the strongest roster in the club's history with as icing on the cake, a coach who fits perfectly with the identity of the club, so for all these reasons, I think this 2016-17 season will be fantastic, and will trigger a new golden age for Bayern!
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Re: 2016/2017 Bayern Munich season

Postby #12 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:59 pm

Not THAT optimistic (striker and winger missing IMHO, maybe even another fullback...) - but definitely excited and curious...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANCKER » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:07 pm

I'm seeing BVB doing good this season, it's just a hunch... everyone is underestimating them since they lost some players... he could have in store a similar first season to Heynckes in 2012.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:08 am

So far I'm very optimistic. We have an excellent squad which I think will get stronger by the end of summer, an excellent backroom staff, and a top coach. We already had a brilliant coach but I think Ancelotti can bring more balance, kind of like Heynckes did. He's already indicated our style will remain similar, which I am very happy about, so that + stronger defence + more balance + less injuries and I think we're as close to unstoppable as it gets.

What I'm hoping for apart from not changing our style too much is that Ancelotti does not stick to a rigid formation. I want us to have a regular one but to be truly the best I think we need a coach who is willing to surprise opponents. Let's say like Loew did in the Euros.

From where we currently stand things look very positive. I rate Guardiola higher but it's possible that this is exactly what we need at the moment. When Van Gaal was here I predicted that we would need someone to make the final step, and Ancelotti might bring that to the team which Guardiola has slowly set up (which I consider formidable). It won't be easy though. As our cooks here will know, having all the right ingredients counts for nothing if you don't cook them properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:39 am

We are fortunate to have a world class squad that is only getting better. Optimistic would be an understatement
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Achilles » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:57 am

The only thing I care and I'm certain will happen with peaceful Ancelotti it's THE END of negativity,bitter whispers etc that came with Guardiola's hype, for me as a fan that's a blessing I wasn't comfortable with the Pep storm and all this fuzz around the team, it was something new for me since I am fan from Effe-Kahn-Matthaus era, something new that a coach gets sooo many attention than Bayern team itself, well Ancelotti except of a master tactician is a master for bringing the peace too, so I'm glad he came.

Sporting wise I'm very happy with the squad we have already, my wish for an absolute world class CB duo came true in the best possible way(German starter NT duo) we bring a talent that I was very much into him since the group stage of CL with his magnificent performances and he kept that level for the EUROs meaning he is a win transfer already in terms of quality. Until the August I think we'll finalize all the squad details such as the 3rd option CB and a back up striker hopefully. We found a new RB from the inside in the face of Kimmich!

It's time for Bayern fans to become one, once again, we got heated up & divided in some areas in the Pep era something that everybody regrets I think, now I hope that the criticism will get back to normal standards and won't be hate him or love him. From Carlo I'm expecting 2 CL finals, that's my feeling, less wins and BuLi trophies though, 4 in a row is the record it's too much, it has to break at some point. And many goals of course, he is not the typical Italian coach, I think we'll keep scoring a lots of goals but we'll be more solid at the back.
Last edited by Achilles on Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:13 am

for the next three years I'd sign for three 3rd BuLi finishes and two champions league trophies 8)
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:31 am

Hah, I have no doubt that (mostly) the same contingent of fans will soon decry his "italianness" and "stubbornness" to please his players. :roll:
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:48 am

ramsej84 wrote:for the next three years I'd sign for three 3rd BuLi finishes and two champions league trophies 8)

I do feel we'll be champions of Europe in a year's time.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bomber_der_Nation » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:39 am

ramsej84 wrote:for the next three years I'd sign for three 3rd BuLi finishes and two champions league trophies 8)

I think that's the plan. Lots of people are talking about the little number of league titles Carlo has won, but I truly could not care less. Of course I was mad when Dortmund won the title twice in a row and there was literally nothing we could do to stop them, but we've won the league title four times in a row now and it is time to focus on the CL....and that's where Carlo comes in :-)
Bomber_der_Nation
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:36 pm

quaazi wrote:Hah, I have no doubt that (mostly) the same contingent of fans will soon decry his "italianness" and "stubbornness" to please his players. :roll:

Hahahaha yeah, that and about him not rotating enough xD

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:30 pm

I hope to see the defensive discipline he brings to the team as I feel a bit of that was lost over that last couple seasons...
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:53 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:I hope to see the defensive discipline he brings to the team as I feel a bit of that was lost over that last couple seasons...

I am also excited about that but if you take a look at the Ancelotti thread it seems that, at least in the CL, Ancelotti's traditional defending and Guardiola's "defend through possession" are more or less equally effective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:17 pm

Except when he fails with a top two team every year
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby anasnemr » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:17 am

I am watching the Bayern training in Youtube and by the looks of it Javi Martinez is going to play as a cb not as a midfielder under Carlo.
anasnemr
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Egypt

Next

Return to General Bayern Discussion