You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2016/17 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2016/17 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:35 am

In my opinion we only need to fix the offensive part of the team. Our midfield is great and regardless of what happened last night I consider our defence (especially with Süle coming in) the best in the world.

On the other hand our forwards are old and we have no real alternatives for them. What I question is whether we should stick with the tried and tested 4-2-3-1 or play more to our current strengths (once you exclude Robbery) and switch to 4-3-2-1, 4-3-1-2, or 3-4-1-2. Unfortunately I don't think this will ever be seriously considered but I think that we have the players to play it and also it will be much easier to sign superstars for these formations than it is to sign top wingers.

The thing is I feel that as long as we're sticking to wing play we will never be as good as Ronaldo/Bale or MSN. We dislike them, but they're simply the best in their positions together with Robben on form. It might be better to go for a more unconventional formation than try to beat them with a mirror formation (which we have failed to do over and over now).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:03 pm

Another formation to look into is

Rafinha boateng hummels sule alaba
Thiago
Martinez Vidal
Muller lewandowski

Replace Muller with James/hazard/isco/sanchez
Rafinha with aurier/Walker/bellerin

Sending has lots of good physical attributes to play either wingback or fb too. However, I haven't seen him much to evaluate his everything else

Maybe even sign another cm as well
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby mats19 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:11 pm

I think a back 3 might be a good Idea after Robbery
We have top CBs and Alaba is well balanced
And again: Javi is a DM for me
So I would like him in the MF
May Bayern rule the world again!
Mia San Mia
mats19
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Brazil

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:53 pm

3-4-1-2-
Without wingers. There is no one like Robbery so we have to learn how to deal with their loss...
NEUER
BOATENG HUMMELS SULE
KIMMICH VIDAL THIAGO(JAVI) ALABA
MULLER(THIAGO)/bernardo Silva
LEWA. Mbappe/Griezman

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:00 pm

In a 3-4-1-2

The one shouldn't be Muller, it should be THiago or someone outside of the team now. An interesting option for that role would be Samir Nasri

Depending on what pep does with NAsri, I think nasri would be a good option for this team. Can play n10 and CM role. Has very good dribbling and vision with an eye for goals.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:46 pm

Why should try to up our game towards the Spanish two, not sink it to England level... Nasri...

I advocated at 4312 at the begining of the season, and would do it again;

Lewy-Müller
James
Thiago-Vidal(Renato)
Javi
Alaba-Hummels-Süle-Kimmich(or someone new)
Neuer

PD: I refuse to put Boateng Back in my X11s until he shows some recovery. He and Alaba have become a complete mockery and disgrace (Alaba less).

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:40 pm

Nasri is better than KDB, definitely. Maybe not crossing and longshots, but everything else he is.

Problem was David Silva is better than both Nasri and KDB. In addition, nasri is the n10 for Sevilla now, the team you know that was number 2 in la liga a few weeks ago.

Nasri is similar to Thiago, except he is a more natural goalscorer than Thiago.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:59 pm

Watching Chelsea play without Moses and Alonso as their wingbacks, show how important that role is in the formation. They put a fullback in azpi there and chelsea were terrible today.

If bayern makes the same transition to 3 cbs and wingbacks, they're going to have to get the right personnel for that formation.

Maybe even convert Douglas Costa to a wingback role.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:31 am

Thiagoalcantara wrote:Watching Chelsea play without Moses and Alonso as their wingbacks, show how important that role is in the formation. They put a fullback in azpi there and chelsea were terrible today.

If bayern makes the same transition to 3 cbs and wingbacks, they're going to have to get the right personnel for that formation.

We have 4 top CBs... If we bring back Badstuber and promote a youngster I think we are settled for that position.

Kimmich and Alaba both have experience playing in midfield. That likely helps them in a wingback role. I also imagine Bernat is probably better at it than he is at LB given his qualities.

Whether Rafinha would make a good backup in such a position, I don't know.

Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Effenberg777 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:37 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Thiagoalcantara wrote:Watching Chelsea play without Moses and Alonso as their wingbacks, show how important that role is in the formation. They put a fullback in azpi there and chelsea were terrible today.

We have 4 top CBs... If we bring back Badstuber and promote a youngster I think we are settled for that position.

Kimmich and Alaba both have experience playing in midfield. That likely helps them in a wingback role. I also imagine Bernat is probably better at it than he is at LB given his qualities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quot

Costa wingback??? I never saw that guy defending
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:34 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

CB should be fine.

Boateng, Martinez and Hummels with Sule as potential backup. Than you have 2 makeshift CBs in Kimmich and alaba for the league.

It's the wingback I be worried about. Definitely not Alaba or even Bernat, but the right side. Kimmich/Rafinha are more or less backup quality rbs. Wingbacks im not so sure.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby aterford » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:07 pm

Honestly I think wingback could be Kimmich's potential strongest position....but it doesn't really matter if we're not gonna play that system (and it's not worth it to change the whole style of play to accommodate one player ha)
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Aequitas1987 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:06 am

Reading up on all this 3CB formations got me interested as well - especially getting further convinced about what a badass Sule is. The key to a 3CB formation comes down to the wingbacks - wingbacks are the most important piece to the puzzle in providing balance both to defence and attack. Secondly, the strength is to overpower them in midfield with lots of dynamic midfielders to consistently win possession, intercept, win the physical battles, press and create chances.

With that in mind this is formation I was thinking. 3 - 4 - 2 - 1

Backups
CB - Martinez, Alaba, Kimmich
LWB - Alaba
RWB - Rafinha
CM/CDM - Renato, Martinez, Rudy, Thiago
CAM/RAM/LAM - Robben, Ribery, Coman
ST - Muller, Robben

Assumptions
+ Alaba & Vidal will boss most midfields
+ Kimmich will start becoming a mini-Lahm
+ Martinez will be okay with being the super sub for CB/CMs
+ The LWB we buy (Walker) is WC
+ Lewandowski doesn't get injured.
+ Robben, Ribery & Coman can play centrally and be impactful

Lets assume that we do not consider Ribery & Robben as part of our plans - then its obvious which are the two spots we need to invest in for a WC player.

- LWB
- Attacker that covers both ST & RAM/LAM - Someone like Griezzman, Mbappe, Reus, Missed out on Sane & Draxler ;(
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Manchu » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:27 am

Aequitas1987 wrote:Reading up on all this 3CB formations got me interested as well - especially getting further convinced about what a badass Sule is. The key to a 3CB formation comes down to the wingbacks - wingbacks are the most important piece to the puzzle in providing balance both to defence and attack. Secondly, the strength is to overpower them in midfield with lots of dynamic midfielders to consistently win possession, intercept, win the physical battles, press and create chances.

With that in mind this is formation I was thinking. 3 - 4 - 2 - 1

Backups
CB - Martinez, Alaba, Kimmich
LWB - Alaba
RWB - Rafinha
CM/CDM - Renato, Martinez, Rudy, Thiago
CAM/RAM/LAM - Robben, Ribery, Coman
ST - Muller, Robben

Assumptions
+ Alaba & Vidal will boss most midfields
+ Kimmich will start becoming a mini-Lahm
+ Martinez will be okay with being the super sub for CB/CMs
+ The LWB we buy (Walker) is WC
+ Lewandowski doesn't get injured.
+ Robben, Ribery & Coman can play centrally and be impactful

Lets assume that we do not consider Ribery & Robben as part of our plans - then its obvious which are the two spots we need to invest in for a WC player.

- LWB
- Attacker that covers both ST & RAM/LAM - Someone like Griezzman, Mbappe, Reus, Missed out on Sane & Draxler ;(

Just one quick question: Why do you have Alaba in central midfield instead of wing-back? Given his strengths(and the criticism he's been getting recently for attacking too much and not playing enough defense), I can't think of many better players to try as wing-back.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Aequitas1987 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:45 am

Mainly because I think he is the best solution to strengthening our midfield instead of aiming for a Veratti.

I.E. In the current market I see us being able to nab a WC LWB much more than a WC CM.

Also I am hoping that since it's been Alaba's goal to be a midfielder for ages that he would be more keen to play and be the best at that position as well.

Sent from my VIE-L29 using Tapatalk
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion