You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2016/17 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2016/17 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby AllensRoten » Wed May 11, 2016 6:28 pm

#12 wrote:Thing is we never really had an in-form Götze here...

I don't think it's a fair assessment on Götze. He wasn't as successful as expected under 1 coach and suddenly people want to sell him. Also according to squawka.com's matrix comparison, Götze had a higher performance score his first 2 years with Guardiola than Müller. Müller got a higher performance score this year, the year Götze spend most of the time injured and in the process of regaining form after injury.
AllensRoten
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Wed May 11, 2016 7:03 pm

Hey, I don't want him sold as much as you, believe me... I just don't think he has lived up to expectations... Selling him, with the overcrowded midfield/squad we have makles sense somehow though... Especially if our future coach, who for all we know will stay here for at least three years, doesn't fancy him...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Sat May 21, 2016 11:53 pm

Why doesn't Muller just start at CF...

He holds the ball up better, doesn't lose possession as much and can link with the midfield better...

His goal tally might drop, but watching todays game just made me realize, why isn't Muller the CF?
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby albanian7 » Sun May 22, 2016 12:16 am

Thiagoalcantara wrote:Why doesn't Muller just start at CF...

He holds the ball up better, doesn't lose possession as much and can link with the midfield better...

His goal tally might drop, but watching todays game just made me realize, why isn't Muller the CF?

Because his qualities are other than that. Being a Bayern CF means you have three defenders on you. He can't do jackshit with 3 defenders on him.

Also, because, regardless of what you think, strikers have to be the focal point of attack. Strikers have to be #9s. He is not. He doesn't have the qualities to be one. Even if he does link up better with the midfield, that means literally nothing.

Yeah, we know how much you dislike Lewandowski, but he is our only #9. You might prefer a false 9, a no-striker, a 4-6-0 formation, a whatever-the-f*ck-is-the-new-cool-invention, but that doesn't change the fact that all those cool inventions were useless against top opposition. So next year, if we go back to a traditional system and Carlo plays Lewandowski as a proper, traditional #9, you'll probably bash him because it's not innovative enough, no?
albanian7
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Sun May 22, 2016 1:03 am

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/10634 ... ern-Munich

Muller did fine vs Benfica as the CF. Lewandowski does jack shit with 2 defenders on him.... He waits, and waits for the ball, rather than go get it...
Being a bayern cf is something that Mario Gomez was, Mario mandzukic and pizzaro. And none of these guys were technical players to a high degree and still were a Bayern CF..

Maybe you kids expect Robert to just get played perfect throughballs all game and perfect crosses to attack.. BEcause that'y why we paid him big bucks right. Lewandowski doesn't holdup the ball well, doesn't link up play with the wingers or the midfield well and has ample amount of clear cut chances to score...

Robert wasn't good against top competition this year so I don't know what your talking about
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby JANCKER » Sun May 22, 2016 1:06 am

I believe that Mueller can play CF, but he's better with more freedom and in the flanks... he's a great partner for a striker IMO the best there is, SS.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby albanian7 » Sun May 22, 2016 1:15 am

Thiagoalcantara wrote:https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1063408/Live/Europe-UEFA-Champions-League-2015-2016-Benfica-Bayern-Munich

Muller did fine vs Benfica as the CF. Lewandowski does jack shit with 2 defenders on him.... He waits, and waits for the ball, rather than go get it...
Being a bayern cf is something that Mario Gomez was, Mario mandzukic and pizzaro. And none of these guys were technical players to a high degree and still were a Bayern CF..

Maybe you kids expect Robert to just get played perfect throughballs all game and perfect crosses to attack.. BEcause that'y why we paid him big bucks right. Lewandowski doesn't holdup the ball well, doesn't link up play with the wingers or the midfield well and has ample amount of clear cut chances to score...

Robert wasn't good against top competition this year so I don't know what your talking about

Top competition as in CL competition?

For 2016 only: Please tell me one player not named Vidal or Lahm who was playing on an acceptable level (not good, acceptable) against Atletico. Please tell me a player not named Vidal who was playing good against Juventus in 210 minutes. Please tell me one player not named Vidal who did well against Benfica.

Please tell me a player - any player - who did a good job against Dortmund or Gladbach in the league.

In 2015, Lewandowski was pretty good against Dortmund and Arsenal so your point is invalid.

Yes, his finishing has been terrible for two months, but so has been our wingplay and defense. There are so many 2016 matches where Lahm has been the best player, and the guy is 32, that should tell you something. How many matches have we been saved by a wonder goal or a long-distance Vidal shot? Have you watched the guy whose name you're using as a username in most of 2016?
albanian7
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Sun May 22, 2016 1:19 am

albanian7 wrote:
Thiagoalcantara wrote:https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1063408/Live/Europe-UEFA-Champions-League-2015-2016-Benfica-Bayern-Munich

For 2016 only: Please tell me one player not named Vidal or Lahm who was playing on an acceptable level (not good, acceptable) against Atletico. Please tell me a player not named Vidal who was playing good against Juventus in 210 minutes. Please tell me one player not named Vidal who did well against Benfica.

Please tell me a player - any player - who did a good job against Dortmund or Gladbach in the league.

In 2015, Lewandowski was pretty good against Dortmund and Arsenal so your point is invalid.

Yes, his finishing has been terrible for two months, but so has been our wingplay and defense. There are so many 2016 matches where Lahm has been the best player, and the guy is 32, that should tell you something. How many matches have we been saved by a wonder goal or a long-distance Vidal shot? Have you watched the guy whose name you're using as a username in most of 2016?

You really don't understand the number 9 position.....

Tell me what Muller doesn't have that Robert has that makes Muller not viable for the number 9 position....

I can understand Jancker's comment about Muller's best position is probably the SS, but not Muller cannot be a CF.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby ramsej84 » Sun May 22, 2016 7:18 am

If we do not get a new winger we might play a 3-4-1-2
Boa Humm Ben
Lahm Vidal Javi Alaba
Thiago or (Goetze)
Mueller Lewa

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 22, 2016 12:13 pm

ramsej84 wrote:If we do not get a new winger we might play a 3-4-1-2
Boa Humm Ben
Lahm Vidal Javi Alaba
Thiago or (Goetze)
Mueller Lewa

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2

More likely Javi instead of Benatia, and Sanches in midfield. I actually like this formation, but any formation which drops all 4 of Ribery, Robben, Costa, and Coman is definitely not going to happen.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun May 22, 2016 4:55 pm

Thiagoalcantara wrote:
albanian7 wrote:

You really don't understand the number 9 position.....

Tell me what Muller doesn't have that Robert has that makes Muller not viable for the number 9 position....

I can understand Jancker's comment about Muller's best position is probably the SS, but not Muller cannot be a CF.

Well you pretty much answered your own question, if Muller is best used as an AM/SS then it's probably best we have a top class #9 in Lewa play in front of him....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Sun May 22, 2016 4:59 pm

But, Muller +Lewandowski doesn't have great synergy.... I agree with jancker, muller is more compatible with other people than Robert is. Therefore, i would choose muller over Lewandowski everytime...

Muller and Robert have very similar strengths imo, they did a different player to be a 1-2 striker punch, not similar guys
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 22, 2016 6:02 pm

The question is, has Muller synced better with anyone else? I don't think so tbh.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Sun May 22, 2016 6:15 pm

He synced perfectly with Mandzukic... he didn't sync that badly with Gomez either or anyone in club level or NT. He's the best assistant a striker could ask...
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Sun May 22, 2016 6:26 pm

I think and prefer a more technical and fast player to be the other striker... Ala James and Sanchez... THiago has everything, except he isn't a goal threat, something Spain seems to have a lot in like David Silva and Iniesta. So, I wouldn't want him to play behind the striker...
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion