You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2015/16 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2015/16 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:58 pm

I think Alaba will keep playing as a false defender and Thiago will replace Schweinsteiger role.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:05 pm

Pep making bayern to train the one on one situation. Watch the video Robben vs Thiago.

For me, facing the mark is a good alternative for attack a well organize defense, if bayern cant find holes, open it by yourself. The team lost this attack weapon with the Robben and Ribery injuries, and I think Pep will impose this strategy in the team this season.

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Badger » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:08 pm

RAJBAYERN wrote:I think Alaba will keep playing as a false defender and Thiago will replace Schweinsteiger role.

I'm more inclined to think that Thiago will move up to attacking midfield, especially if we don't buy anyone else for that area, and are still short of creativity in the final third.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:38 pm

RAJBAYERN wrote:Pep making bayern to train the one on one situation. Watch the video Robben vs Thiago.

For me, facing the mark is a good alternative for attack a well organize defense, if bayern cant find holes, open it by yourself. The team lost this attack weapon with the Robben and Ribery injuries, and I think Pep will impose this strategy in the team this season.

that is fun... I went back in years when I used to play football... those 1 v 1 / 2 v 2 / etc etc were my favorite drills...
Uh those were the days... :evil:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:41 pm

I too think that Alaba will be deployed in a 3 men defense and we might go back to that 3-3-3-1

my preferred formation would be otherwise 4-2-3-1
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

2015/16 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:18 am

Badger wrote:
RAJBAYERN wrote:I think Alaba will keep playing as a false defender and Thiago will replace Schweinsteiger role.

I'm more inclined to think that Thiago will move up to attacking midfield, especially if we don't buy anyone else for that area, and are still short of creativity in the final third.

Whenever I've seen Alaba high up the pitch I never feel he offers much creativity in the final third, he's good at reading the game in the midfield but I think Pep should play or find a more creative player in the final third.

Edit: I would like to see a Thiago and Rode in the midfield next season, those two have a lot too offer in my opinion.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby SBash22 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:36 am

I think we're gonna see some kind of a 4-3-3 (at least on paper)

Alaba-Martinez-Thiago starting in the midfield

Bernat-Benatia-Boateng-Lahm as the back 4

the attacking 3 will obviously be combinations of Lewandowski, Robben, Gotze, Muller, Ribery, and Costa

obviously you can mix and match a bit and shift some guys a round depending on opponent and how you want to play, but if I was making a template for a starting 11, it would probably start like that.
SBash22
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:03 am

Its difficult to predict a starting lineup considering the amount of good players we have, so I think Pep will rotate the squad, by starting a formation depending in the type of opponent bayern will face.

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:21 am

Why not try 4-2-3-1

Lewandowski

Ribery-Robben-Muller

Thiago-Javi

Alaba-Benatia-Boateng-Lahm

I just hope Pep starts Martinez over alonso.

You can always shift martinez back and allow lahm and alaba to go forward and move to a 3-4-3.

SO many options with a healthy team
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby SBash22 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:45 am

Thiagoalcantara wrote:Why not try 4-2-3-1

Lewandowski

Ribery-Robben-Muller

Thiago-Javi

Alaba-Benatia-Boateng-Lahm

Thats pretty much my FIFA lineup 8)
SBash22
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Badger » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:14 am

RAJBAYERN wrote:Its difficult to predict a starting lineup considering the amount of good players we have, so I think Pep will rotate the squad, by starting a formation depending in the type of opponent bayern will face.

This is very true.

And Pep is very good at using all his subs in a game, recognising opponents' tactics and bringing on the right players to counter those tactics.

Precise definitions of formations have limited applicability.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:24 pm

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I'm just tired of Rafinha starting all the time. There's nothing wrong with him, he's been solid, but our X11 is usually 10 world-class players + Rafinha...
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sherpthederp » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:20 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I'm just tired of Rafinha starting all the time. There's nothing wrong with him, he's been solid, but our X11 is usually 10 world-class players + Rafinha...

It may be unpopular but you aren't unfairly badmouthing him so I can respect that opinion. Its just when people say that he played badly last season that frustrates me.
After seeing Thiago and Rode together in midfield I would like to see

With Costa rotating with the front 3.
Or with 4 at the back
sherpthederp
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:44 pm

Well, Schweini is gone... Letting him go without replacement is just plain stupid...

So there HAS to be another squad addition... I'm 99% sure it's going to be di Maria, because I think the whole Schweini-thing is linked to AdM... And they're not making it official yet to maintain the impression that the two transfers have nothing to do with each other (I know it sounds like a lunatic conspiracy theory, but think about it! ;) )

I think there should be three: A strong RB (yes, I also think Rafinha may be solid for Bundesliga, but he always struggles against better players and teams...), likely di Maria, and another CDM - if we don't want to rely on Alonso or Kimmich too much... (I'm afraid Guardiola is gonna play Alonso a lot... :roll: )

The best team woul like like this then

If AdM comes, I think he'll be a starter for Götze... Also, if GÖtze doesn't improve, Müller is definitely above him...

However, I think Guardiola will go for 3-2-4-1 - as he is clearly obsessed with midfielders, I would play differently, but most likely, he'll play the RB and CB more offensively...

Something like this is what I would prefer (actaully I'd prefer the other formation...):

Also unlikely as he'll always play Lahm (in midfield :roll: )

I just don't get the use of playing a 3 man defensive line when you use the RB and LB in midfield - that way you actually lose a more offensive player for the third CB... Don't get what he sees in it...

To sum it up, I think this will be his most used starting 11:

All of this depending, of course, on how quickly Badstuber (and others) recover(s) and whether he'll stay injury free...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby SBash22 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:34 pm

They thought of using Rafinha or Bernat in a back 3 is just terrifying..... but we saw Pep do it with Rahinha last year

to me, doing it with Boateng and Benatia/Badstuber/Dante with Martinez in the middle with the only way it makes sense.... and even then I dont prefer it

I think most of us would prefer 4 guys in the back with Alaba/Bernat and Lahm/Rafinha outside, with Alaba and Lahm having the versatility to slide inside to the midfield at times
SBash22
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion