You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun May 18, 2014 10:38 am

Do people think we are going to see Pep using more of the three in the back system in the start of next season? Especially since Javi Martinez has found his new calling as our future Matthaus ;)

If so I hope we look something like this:
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 18, 2014 11:13 am

Not sure about it. On one hand I can see Pep doing it because he has always wanted to perfect a 3-defence formation. He's experimented with it since his last season with Barcelona. On the other hand I don't think he will do it.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Achilles » Sun May 18, 2014 12:08 pm

From one and only match it's hard to say,we need more to jump up to a conclusion but to be honest I prefer it from the 4-1-4-1 as an idea.
For a 3-4-3 formation you need a compact team with absolutely class wings both offense and defense,considering this I think that suits perfectly for Bayern but it relies to much from your full-backs defensive skills and from your libero.
Moreover to use such a system you need a libero like Martinez but with a week-in-week-out performances like yesterday which from this guy I'm expecting that he can do it but I'd like to see a trio without Boateng in it, a CB-trio with Dante-Martinez-(class purchase) will be more than enough.

Firefox's line up is good but we have to consider Thiago as an undisputed starter under Pep and I think that he is ideal for this system with his vertical passes and vision instead of Kroos who is more -let's say- calm on the ball.
Moreover as I mentioned earlier,Dante-Martinez-Behnatia/Luiz or anyone will be perfect with Boateng & Badstuber at the bench.

Overall I'd like to see a formation like this and I'm definetely in favor,we can nullify counter attacking teams and I think that Pep can use our roster power to their fullest,still though I'm not expecting a 3-4-3 system to be our starting formation for the next year despite I'm in favor for it.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCB general » Sun May 18, 2014 12:38 pm

We can play 3-4-3 or 5-3-2, doesn't matter. 2 wingbacks in Alaba and Lahm, last line with 2 CBs in Dante and Boateng, as libero Martinez. In midfield Kroos, Bastian and Hojbjerg, forward Robben, Ribery, Lewandowski.

But I'm not so sure if this is a good idea, especially when we don't play balanced football, with faster tempo and counter-attacks.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Rauntšik » Sun May 18, 2014 12:43 pm

I can't see Ribery as a starter next season, I hope Götze will step in.
"Normally Monsieur Candie, I would say "auf wiedersehen". But since what "auf wiedersehen" actually means is, till I see you again, and since I never wish to see you again to you sir, I say, goodbye."
Rauntšik
I post all the time

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun May 18, 2014 12:54 pm

The successs for this formation was IMO that no one was expecting it. That's the kind of tactical move that you are expecting from a top coach like Pep =D>

But I can't see us playing the three man defense on a regular basis next season. We will surely see that in some games though
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 18, 2014 1:24 pm

Want to put it out there that if we were to play a 3-man defence I think a 3-6-1 is better suited for our current players:

Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Sun May 18, 2014 1:29 pm

After three years and 65 million thrown at it and we still need that ultimate holding midfielder.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun May 18, 2014 2:16 pm

Achilles wrote:From one and only match it's hard to say,we need more to jump up to a conclusion but to be honest I prefer it from the 4-1-4-1 as an idea.
For a 3-4-3 formation you need a compact team with absolutely class wings both offense and defense,considering this I think that suits perfectly for Bayern but it relies to much from your full-backs defensive skills and from your libero.
Moreover to use such a system you need a libero like Martinez but with a week-in-week-out performances like yesterday which from this guy I'm expecting that he can do it but I'd like to see a trio without Boateng in it, a CB-trio with Dante-Martinez-(class purchase) will be more than enough.

Firefox's line up is good but we have to consider Thiago as an undisputed starter under Pep and I think that he is ideal for this system with his vertical passes and vision instead of Kroos who is more -let's say- calm on the ball.
Moreover as I mentioned earlier,Dante-Martinez-Behnatia/Luiz or anyone will be perfect with Boateng & Badstuber at the bench.

Overall I'd like to see a formation like this and I'm definetely in favor,we can nullify counter attacking teams and I think that Pep can use our roster power to their fullest,still though I'm not expecting a 3-4-3 system to be our starting formation for the next year despite I'm in favor for it.

Kroos played a key role as the deep lying midfielder spraying passes forward and dictating the game. He is probably more suited for that role more than anyone on the team in my opinion.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby ramsej84 » Sun May 18, 2014 9:04 pm

MUTU said that we should play with 3 men defense or was it for the German NT?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Sun May 18, 2014 10:08 pm

12 years ago I played something similar to last night, but a bit different.

I couldn't lose the match, maybe 1 or 2 in the whole season.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby MUTU » Mon May 19, 2014 9:41 am

ramsej84 wrote:MUTU said that we should play with 3 men defense or was it for the German NT?

German NT. Here: german-national-team-f19/general-german-national-team-thread-t6165-780.html#p270630
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby München Minded » Mon May 19, 2014 4:18 pm

Formations like the one Pep used in the Pokal are useful at times, but they are just that. I like that Pep changed his formation and tactics against a top counter attacking team after he was criticized for Real. And dortmund assumed they could pull more of the same against Bayern thinking they had our weaknesses outlined.
It really shows the tactical genius of Pep to nullify what klopp had planned. Nobody expected us to go with what we did, and even have Robben up front (which I liked, I've always felt like he could fill that central attacking role up front). If someone on this forum put out the formation ahead of time what we should play, everyone here would have thought that person mad. But it goes to show that anything is possible and can work. Pep outdid himself on that.

I hope Bayern does have a couple of formations in the coming season, that we can rely on, and based on who we play -- with these special formations in certain scenarios. It would make us more unpredictable. Curious what the same formation and tactics with the same players, would have done in the Real second leg.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Postby ramsej84 » Mon May 19, 2014 4:55 pm

FCB general wrote:12 years ago I played something similar to last night, but a bit different.

I couldn't lose the match, maybe 1 or 2 in the whole season.

Used to have similar team on LMA 1999-2000 (thanks to the cheats) :twisted:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby theundead » Mon May 19, 2014 8:17 pm

I don't think the 3-4-3 will be our no 1 formation. However, bayern will be found in similar formation at times if required.

Conidering the 4-3-3 below, it can quickly change to the 3-4-3 similar to the one we saw in Berlin. Javi moves between the center backs and the fullbacks push forwards. It can also Morph into a 4-1-4-1 or 4-2-3-1 with little changes.

theundead
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Pakistan

Next

Return to General Bayern Discussion