You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:59 am

Steph wrote:Do any of you guys REALLY think that three at the back can work against our toughest opponents? I think that's what we should be focused on, what to do against our toughest opponents.

Obviously we also need to be completely dominant against lower sides so that we win ourselves another league title, but despite some of our matches near the end of the season - almost all of the time it seems like Pep has had that part figure out.

I think a 3-5-2 against the best teams and that famous 3-3-3-1 against lesser opponents (which was working wonders when we had almost everyone fit)
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RAJBAYERN » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:08 pm

The 3-5-2 change to a 5-3-2 when the fullbacks return back for support the defense, also Alaba in the three man defensive line, act as a false defender, making it really a line of 3 composed by the two centreback and the defensive midfielder.

Against Barcelona, the fullbacks tried most of the time to have a major role as wingers, causing it to have a really 3 man defensive line, but with our best wingers available, there is no necessary to have fullbacks playing too high in most of the game.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:22 pm

Steph wrote:Do any of you guys REALLY think that three at the back can work against our toughest opponents? I think that's what we should be focused on, what to do against our toughest opponents.

Obviously we also need to be completely dominant against lower sides so that we win ourselves another league title, but despite some of our matches near the end of the season - almost all of the time it seems like Pep has had that part figure out.

Yes. As RAJBAYERN points out, 3-5-2/3-4-3 can turn into a 5 at the back in defense. Plus, AFAIK, modern fullbacks are so offensively inclined that 4-men defenses usually mean 2 CBs at the back (with *maybe* a defensive midfielder helping) most of the time, and specially against counters. So, as I see it, 3-4-3 is *more* defensive than a 4-3-3. But its largely a question of personnel. Boa-Javi-Bena is of course much more defensive than Alaba-Boa-Bena/Boa-Xabi-Bena (although I'm a fan of Alaba's free role.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:27 pm

The reason for this seasons underwhelming results was more of a personnel issue than a tactical one, three in the back when Pep had his full personnel put up master class performances and I hope to continue to see it in the foreseeable future.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:01 am

This might be a like swearing in a sacred temple cause the formation below is Lahm less.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AllensRoten » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:56 am

ramsej84 wrote:This might be a like swearing in a sacred temple cause the formation below is Lahm less.

We need out captain... but I could see him and Basti take a rotational role mostly because of their age. I think this upcoming season will determine whether our 30yr olds (specifically our germans, but not excluding Robbery) will continue playing as top level starters or pass the guard on to the new generation.
AllensRoten
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Previous

Return to General Bayern Discussion